Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
... has been ruled out for the season.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Shame, he's an impressive young player who could've benefitted from spending some time on the bench at the back end. Still he's only 20 so he will come back bigger and better next year.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't think he's finished a season in the last 4 years....he's very injury prone unfortunately.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hes pretty average if you actually watch him closely- hes big so makes breaks easily against midgets,but drops alot of balls and misses tackles,will struggle against men

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
If Jayden is a serial injury case its a shame that he can't finish a season to see what he's really like. I had a look at his profile on the Bulldogs website; he's a monster.

He's only 20 years old, plays either centre or wing and in the old currency stands 6ft 6ins and weighs in at just over 16stone.

I've never seen him play but there are a few comments here that aren't too favorable. If he turns over possession and misses tackles he'll be found way out of his depth when he plays against the tougher reserve graders and first grade players

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
He's not as bad as people claim on defence and errors. No worse than someone like Tolman or Eastwood.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If Jayden is a serial injury case its a shame that he can't finish a season to see what he's really like. I had a look at his profile on the Bulldogs website; he's a monster.

He's only 20 years old, plays either centre or wing and in the old currency stands 6ft 6ins and weighs in at just over 16stone.

I've never seen him play but there are a few comments here that aren't too favorable. If he turns over possession and misses tackles he'll be found way out of his depth when he plays against the tougher reserve graders and first grade players
Has had a bit of time out with injury but with one so young can simply be a case of his body not being mature enough to handle the big hits. Remember SBW had a lot of injury woes coming through into grade.
If you speak to those who were consistently watching him at junior level and early on in his career in the 20's they were talking him up big time. Yes, he is a big boy and he has a bit of toe, but myself, I can't talk him up like others have. Can't put my finger on it but I just don't see the hype that surrounds him.

For some reason he has had a bit of time playing in the forwards this year but his defence has not been the greatest. He might be something special, might not, but in my opinion has a ways to go before you could even consider him "a star in the making". Size does not make a player but the ability to use that size and strength to an advantage helps; he seems to be able to do it at the moment to a degree but that is against boys not hardened first graders.

Used to have a bit of a chuckle at those who made the comments " Doesn't he look exactly like Jamal, can't wait to see him play first grade"....

Izzy Forreal

2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Has had a bit of time out with injury but with one so young can simply be a case of his body not being mature enough to handle the big hits. Remember SBW had a lot of injury woes coming through into grade.
I apologise for deleting the rest of your post dogluva (which I agree with by the way) but you've just reminded what a lousy memory I've got.

One of my sons was a real big unit and he dislocated his knee a number of times before the muscles and tendons were able to hold the whole contraption together.. He never rose to great heights but had a bit of a go when he was out there.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I apologise for deleting the rest of your post dogluva (which I agree with by the way) but you've just reminded what a lousy memory I've got.

One of my sons was a real big unit and he dislocated his knee a number of times before the muscles and tendons were able to hold the whole contraption together.. He never rose to great heights but had a bit of a go when he was out there.
No apologies needed. These days with a very small exception it is hard to really gauge just how good a youngster will / could be, injuries aside. I am not death riding the young fella Jayden, hope he can make something of a good NRL career but I can't really see it at the moment. I think that they have done some percentages regarding the ability of the U20 boys to step up and play more than 50 first grade games and it was pretty low from memory.

How long did your son play footy for?

Izzy Forreal

2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
No apologies needed. These days with a very small exception it is hard to really gauge just how good a youngster will / could be, injuries aside. I am not death riding the young fella Jayden, hope he can make something of a good NRL career but I can't really see it at the moment. I think that they have done some percentages regarding the ability of the U20 boys to step up and play more than 50 first grade games and it was pretty low from memory.

How long did your son play footy for?
Our marriage broke up so I can't be spot on but he would have played around 15 years.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He's shit anyway
Very poor defender and error prone

Oh yeh, he fits right into our side atm

Status
Not open for further replies.