Jason Taylor SACKED by Tigers effective immediately!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
News.com.au:

Wests Tigers to sack coach Jason Taylor following loss to Raiders
MARCH 20, 201711:51AM

Raiders beat toothless Tigers

Phil Rothfield Sports Editor-at-LargeThe Daily Telegraph

JASON Taylor is expected to be sacked as Wests Tigers coach within 24 hours.

The Daily Telegraph understands the board members have made the decision to move in another direction after Sunday’s thumping 46-6 loss to the Canberra Raiders.

It had also become clear superstar fullback James Tedesco, skipper Aaron Woods, five-eighth Mitchell Moses and halfback Luke Brooks were not prepared to sign new contracts while Taylor was the NRL head coach.

All have hesitated in recent negotiations because of the uncertainty over the coaching position.

Wests Tigers coach Jason Taylor is set to be sacked following his team’s dismal showing against the Raiders.Source:News Corp Australia

The players do not dislike Taylor but feel they need new direction to become better players and win a premiership at the Wests Tigers.

It is uncertain if Taylor will go immediately or stay for the remainder of the season when his contract is up.

Cowboys assistant coach Todd Payten or former Warriors and Panthers coach Ivan Cleary would presumably be ready to start immediately.

The Wests Tigers are expected to make the announcement on Taylor tomorrow.

Taylor took over as coach in 2015 and has 20 wins from 51 matches.

The club has not made the finals under his stewardship but were in contention until Round 26 last year and would have finished eighth if they’d beaten the Raiders in their final match of the season.

One of the most notable aspects of his time with the club was his ongoing feud with Robbie Farah, which resulted in the former skipper leaving the club in bitter fashion at the end of last season.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
He looks like he has no idea. Just tells the players to run out there and throw the footy around and just work it out as you go along haha

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The Tigers club is a joke, seriously.

Correct me if I'm wrong but by "sacking" a coach they still pay out his contract, so basically get paid for doing nothing?

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

Correct me if I'm wrong but by "sacking" a coach they still pay out his contract, so basically get paid for doing nothing?
Probably, not to mention they are already paying most of Farah's wages.

As I mentioned on another thread, this club has no fans, no money, no direction and no clue. It's time to pull the pin on them.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Baffling that he had the whole pre season but a month in to the competition proper he getting turfed lol

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Who are they going to get that can do a better job though? Bloke has $750k tied up on Farah

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah could see that coming a mile off .and i haven't even watched a tiger's game .

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
The rumour that came out a few days ago was that none of the big 4 would re-sign until they knew who was coaching them next season. Pity, could have used Brooks and Tedesco.

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The rumour that came out a few days ago was that none of the big 4 would re-sign until they knew who was coaching them next season. Pity, could have used Brooks and Tedesco.
They are going to have a hard time keeping all 4.

Tedesco will be asking for over a million a season.

Woods (who I think is overrated) will be asking for 850k plus.

If Reynolds thinks he is worth 800k then Moses is worth a lot more.

Brooks would be the cheapest but he would probably be asking for 900k too seeing as true halfbacks are so rare.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Ivan Cleary would be class for them. He isn't scared to make the hard decisions.

pillow

The Bloodline
Reaction score
I wouldn't give a shit if the tiggers folded. Failed merger, rubbish club, can't keep a coach.

They keep hanging their hat on the Bradbury premiership they 'won' in 2005 lol

More than happy to take Teddy off their hands. Maybe Woods to replace Tolman seeing as he's besties with Klemmer.

Interestingg

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He looks like he has no idea. Just tells the players to run out there and throw the footy around and just work it out as you go along haha
Wasn't he the attacking coach of the roosters in 2013 when they blitzed it?
I think the tigers culture is just farked

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Wasn't he the attacking coach of the roosters in 2013 when they blitzed it?
I think the tigers culture is just farked
The only thing they blitzed is the cap that year. mickey mouse could've coached them to a title

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I wouldn't give a shit if the tiggers folded. Failed merger, rubbish club, can't keep a coach.

They keep hanging their hat on the Bradbury premiership they 'won' in 2005 lol

More than happy to take Teddy off their hands. Maybe Woods to replace Tolman seeing as he's besties with Klemmer.
Not a bad idea considering the declining interest in the nrl

Status
Not open for further replies.