Jamie Soward anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canterbury =]

New Pup
Reaction score
Jamie Soward has been shopped to rival clubs in a move that clouds his future at Penrith.

Panthers supremo Phil Gould described Soward as a “marquee signing” when he signed Soward on a four-year deal that would keep him at the foot of the mountains until the end of 2017. However, Fairfax Media can reveal the 30-year-old is free to leave early in a move that would allow Matt Moylan to make a Darren Lockyer-style shift from fullback to five-eighth.

Soward enjoyed one of his most consistent seasons in his first year at Penrith, guiding the club to within one win of an unlikely grand final appearance. However, the former Blues representative was one of many Panthers to be plagued by injury in a disappointing 2015 that would have ended with a wooden spoon had they not defeated Newcastle in the final round.

Several clubs have been offered Soward’s services, including the Warriors. However, the trans-Tasman club opted to instead sign Cronulla veteran Jeff Robson.

Should Soward find another home, Moylan will take his No.6 jersey and Dallin Watene-Zelezniak will shift to fullback.

Read more at http://www.zerotackle.com/nrl/panth...ped-to-rival-clubs-19321/#aO02SgxO7qoZgWwR.99

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
No , no , no , no, no .
Id prefer us to have a wooden spoon than see his filthy kickable head in the blue and white. His smugness and diving tactics absolutely infuriated me .
When he pulls out that stupid rifle and six shooters I want to puch him really really really hard in the face

jamma01

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I hate him with a passion , but would he benifit our team ? Definitely so its a yes from me i want a premership

Canterbury =]

New Pup
Reaction score
In my opinion he has the big 5: for any halfback:

Experience - Yes
Ball skills to get more involvement from our outside backs - Yes
5th tackle - Yes, adds value to our non existent 5th tackle kicking/attack options
Goal Kicking - Yes, knows how to kick the ball through the sticks
Passion - Yes, he has the brain snaps of Reynolds and the pestness of Ennis but he definitely loves his footy

I seriously think he would be a great signing for the club. The Dogs have always been a forward attacking team, not solely relying on a halfback to take them around the field. All the other clubs Soward has been at have really pressured him to organise their attack. The dogs and him would make the perfect combo.

Sorry if it sounds like I'm frothing over the guy.... I JUST WANT A PREMIERSHIP!

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Ha I would rather be ****ed by the pointy end of a pineapple. Seriously I would stop supporting the Dogs forever if we signed Coward. I hate his face

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
He is a dick. But yeh i have to say he is a very good player, and has one of the best kicking games in the NRL, which is something we sorely miss.

Reality is that there is no way we wil be signing a half, Des got rid of Hodkinson to accomodate a Mbye/Reynolds combination and Des would not think the handful of games they have played together as our halves has been enough to disprove his faith. I guess i agree with him on that one. We have hardly seen MBye and Reynolds together and they should get better with time. I just hope Mbye improves out of sight soon. My opinion is MBye is a good player but isnt a half. It will take longer to convince Des.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
I cant believe people here would lower the bar for a cat like that to play in blue and white. You are all deluded desperate fools

mearsey

panania raised
Reaction score
I wouldnt mind him at the dogs , he proved himself at the Pansters - I think it could be a great move

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Taking the emotion out of it hes what we dont have and what we need

Snowmann

Party Rocker
Reaction score
I would rather the 81st minute Ben Hunt than this clown.

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
yes id sign soward straight away, soward would offer the experience we need, plus he would want to prove a point to gus gould and everyone else

mearsey

panania raised
Reaction score
He could really give us some 5th tackle options , I would be surprised if the 'dogs are not on the phone now

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Maybe. Can offer the the skills we are currently lacking in our game, also has experience and has won a premiership. Dunno about him fitting in with the team though, seems like a weird ****. Though it really does't matter who plays if we turn up next season with the exqct same structure.

BulldogzLegend

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
**** off no ****ing way
I would break both of his legs no joke if I ever saw him near our jersey

I'd rather a spoon

I'll never forget his dive against beast wood in 2009 cost us the minor premiership in the end

Anyone who wants him obviously haven't been supporting the club for long and only fair weather supporters he has always been a grub against our club and shit talker against the club

sultanofsydney

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
not a fan of the milkman but he plays his heart out which i rate highly and he can steer a team round the park if penrith pay a decent part of his salary id take him for 2 years

Status
Not open for further replies.