James Graham NRL 360

Status
Not open for further replies.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I see Graham appears to be one of the new players to appear each Tuesday on NRL 360, last night he was quizzed about our playing style and how it doesn't test the defence of the opposition....his replies have me not exactly looking forward to this season

He basically said that they don't see any issue at all with their attack or their style of play (he though both were fine) and it was just their execution was off in some games last year and that football games are won by holding on to the football which will be their main aim this year, there will be no overhaul of our style of play just more focus on execution & completing sets.......Also Mbye is going to be the next Thurston

So basically this year will be a repeat of the last 4yrs......and I get shot down for saying im not happy if Hilter extends his contract......fuck off

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Who has been shooting you down? We've all been saying the same thing.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
This doesn't sound good

But in other news
Lichaa said Des has changed things and he is going to run more

Morris has said the attack has tweaked

Only time will really tell.

Either way
Des must get it right or he will be at dragons next year

LG

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
tbh i read it as graham being more cagey then anything, when pushed by ikin he also mentioned things like lichaa running more, using kasiano in more creative ways and getting the balance with when the forwards should be involved right

you can't expect drastic changes from mainly the same squad, we just have to hope that the changes that are made have a big enough flow on effect, i mentioned in another thread that lichaa improvement/freedom is gonna have a big bearing on whether we change at all, if he is the same player, i'm not sure we can improve. if he starts testing the defense, i think it create space all over the field. teams didn't even think about him last year

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
tbh i read it as graham being more cagey then anything, when pushed by ikin he also mentioned things like lichaa running more, using kasiano in more creative ways and getting the balance with when the forwards should be involved right

you can't expect drastic changes from mainly the same squad, we just have to hope that the changes that are made have a big enough flow on effect, i mentioned in another thread that lichaa improvement/freedom is gonna have a big bearing on whether we change at all, if he is the same player, i'm not sure we can improve. if he starts testing the defense, i think it create space all over the field. teams didn't even think about him last year
THIS. Why has thread starter left out this part I wonder?

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Only time will tell. We all know that Hasler thinks he is a clever fuck by lying and playing games so let's see what happens on Friday night. Within 10 minutes we will all have our answer.

P.S Just remember last year round 1 against Manly though.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Twas the same at Manly. Players when fronting the media were incredibly coy when asked about changes.

The old addage of keeping your cards close to your chest comes to mind.

I believe the forwards are going to take a step back and have the hooker and halves driving up field before pushing wide to outside backs, or pushing back inside to rampaging forwards to line break up the centre of the field.

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I take it more as Graham doesn't wanna give away any hints. He was on 9 news last week saying he wasn't happy players are saying yeah we've changed our attack. He said he wants sides expecting the same attack as last season. So they they are in for a surprise. I'm not expecting drastic changes. But I do think Graham and Tolman won't be involved when in the attacking 20. And I think our outside backs will get some early ball to utilise our big centres Lee and Jmoz. I hope Mbye can step up and demand the ball.

tyl0r

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Graham has said recently there is no point giving away all the changes

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Friday can't come quick enough. I can't wait the reaction probably negative when we beat the COMPETITION FAVOURITES

Kila R Ralai

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Like many have said on here, we will find out soon enough. Not buying into any more of our players' media theatrics, its pretty awful to say the least.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Friday can't come quick enough. I can't wait the reaction probably negative when we beat the COMPETITION FAVOURITES
We smashed manly rnd 1 last season and everyone was saying how great we were, then we went on a WLWLWLWLW record

I'm waiting to round 6 to 8 to form an opinion

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
THIS. Why has thread starter left out this part I wonder?
cos I put down what I heard and took out of it....to be honest Grahams tv presence was about as exciting as hasler's coaching style and I did my best to stay awake while he dribbled on.....someone find the video and put it on here then everyone can form their own opinions

I do expect us to beat the storm, half their side is out and we are their bogey team......and no doubt Mr I can start another premature humble pie thread and all the pro Hasler members can jizz all over the kennel, then think of excuses for the rest of the year

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
cos I put down what I heard and took out of it....to be honest Grahams tv presence was about as exciting as hasler's coaching style and I did my best to stay awake while he dribbled on.....someone find the video and put it on here then everyone can form their own opinions

I do expect us to beat the storm, half their side is out and we are their bogey team......and no doubt Mr I can start another premature humble pie thread and all the pro Hasler members can jizz all over the kennel, then think of excuses for the rest of the year
As opposed to lets say if we lose and you and all the anti des brigade start a premature "humble pie sack des thread"?

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Well tbh Im not pro Hasler. Just dont see the need to miss parts out of what he said. Maybe I heard wrong but Im sure he said they were trying a "few" new things. And we dont need to scrap the entire structure imo anyway.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Well tbh Im not pro Hasler. Just dont see the need to miss parts out of what he said. Maybe I heard wrong but Im sure he said they were trying a "few" new things. And we dont need to scrap the entire structure imo anyway.
fucked if I know it was after 2am when I got around to watching it, I mentioned the bits that stuck in my head as standout parts.....next time i'll take notes and post a full transcript of the show

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I really don't expect anything new but i expect something different based on our trials and Graham's comments.

Our style of play looks to be similar to that of our 2012 season based off the trials. The chain passing between the forwards looks to be a thing again as Des is still convinced we need to play around sides rather than through them. Halves look like they are positioned a little closer to the ruck but it still seems like they will be playing pretty much the same role around the edges like last season.

I hope and expect Des has more up is sleeve for this season. The chain passing will be effective when working the ball from our half and should create chances for long range tries and easy metres if we have enough players in motion. But if he expects playing sideline to sideline is going to be effective when closer the line then we are going to be in trouble and should expect more of the same. Hopefully once we are closer to the line our halves get to play in front of our forwards and much closer to the ruck so they have some time on the ball and the chance to actually create something. Would also be nice to see our forwards run some fucking lines and use a change of angles so our halves have some options other than just playing towards the corner post every attacking play. Ohh and some depth, lots of it.

Guess we will know more after the first 6 rounds so no point on getting worked up now or after the first few games.

Status
Not open for further replies.