James Fisher Harris signs with Warriors

Reaction score
Why would people be saying who’s next to leave Penrith? The fact they’re release JFH means they’ve got enough in their cap now to keep MORE players.

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dogs wont get no big fishs like that we dont buy forwards and plus we dont overpay like other teams so we only build our juniours
We have bought and overpaid she rex. napa, Thompson, Woods and overfilled our trophy cabinets. We need to back off a little to comprehend our success with big $$ forwards.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Seems like the loss of Luai and Chrichton would free up a bit. But maybe they're over losing playmakers and finishers while they have big money forwards on the books not doing three times as much as guys on 1/3 of the wage.

They know who they have coming through and thus far their progression planning has been good if you only judge on premierships. But they have lost some very talented young players that I'd think are more influential than a star prop in an already strong pack. It wouldn't surprise me if they're planning a new round of extensions or upgrades and needed JFH's wage cleared.

I know there'll be some ropeable people that our name wasn't even in discussions. But I honestly don't think we're going to recruit an established rep level prop. They're demanding way too much these days. I'm ok with scraping through the bargain bin for forwards stuck behind those rep props. We field a forward pack that can just match opponents and we have the backline to do the rest.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Not like JFH had another club in NZ to go to. He is heading home but good fortune for the warriors
Who cares. Warriors addressed and issue before a player walked out the door. Meanwhile we're signing fucking Zane Tetevano

alwaysthesun

Kennel Established
Reaction score
One of the most brutal games I've seen from Penrith was against the Chooks this year, a game in which he didn't play.. indeed they're better week to week with him in the lineup, but there's still enough mongrel and talent in the Panthers squad, and coming through the grades to remain in contention going forward.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Who cares. Warriors addressed and issue before a player walked out the door. Meanwhile we're signing fucking Zane Tetevano
We also signed Curran, Mann, Tracey, Critta etc this year which turned out pretty well so far. So it's not as doom and gloom as you're making it seem and not like we haven't made any good signings ourselves.

Like Nate Dawg said, you know JFH wouldn't have gone to any other club other than the Warriors, nor would the Panthers release him to another Sydney club. So you're getting worked up about nothing.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
If you cant see the difference i dont know what to tell you bro
I know what you're saying, I just don't think it's relevant. For years we've been told that there's no props available yet teams with stronger forward packs than us keep seem to finding these opportunities when we can't. Like I said ages ago were shopping in the bargain bin and not looking for an elite prop. Luckily Curran has been able to perform above expectations filling in at prop for us.

sideswip

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Roosters also have a shit load of Money for next year ... if we are looking for a Prop , No chance

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
I don’t care what you say this is a huge loss for panthers. They could have kids coming through… so do we. You can’t rush or force that.

Respect them for letting him go as must be something big in life for him. Seems a good loyal guy.

Warriors kissed on the dick losing afb to get him.

Panthers won’t lose many more now as the $ would surely help retain what they want now with Luai gone too.

That said could easily see Leinu magically returning as he will be on the nose at chooks already and not even in their best 3 props imo.

Still huge lose for panthers.

Hope they don’t go looking at anyone we need for a big body.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I know what you're saying, I just don't think it's relevant. For years we've been told that there's no props available yet teams with stronger forward packs than us keep seem to finding these opportunities when we can't. Like I said ages ago were shopping in the bargain bin and not looking for an elite prop. Luckily Curran has been able to perform above expectations filling in at prop for us.
What are you getting mad about? JFH was never a free agent & the Panthers released him only if he went to the Warriors.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
What are you getting mad about? JFH was never a free agent & the Panthers released him only if he went to the Warriors.
I think he's mad in general with our ability to sign a quality middle which is more than fair. This JFH in isolation is a bad e.g. since he was only going to Warrior but there have been plenty of other opportunities over the last few years and we've failed for one reason or another.