Jake Turpin

Rocket64

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Gus mentioned on Twit he has meetings planned for Gold Coast, Brisbane and NZ .. I’m assuming to meet up with off contract players .. hopefully some decent cattle.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
2018 - 13th
2019 - 15th
2020 - 15th
2021 - 16th
2022 - 12th
2023 - 15th (worst team in the comp)
2024 - expected to be in the bottom 2

2 different admins
3 different coaches (worse every time)

Mistake after mistake after mistake.

There is very little to be positive about unless you're delusional.
Go do some salary cap calculations or something, or go play on your Atari

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Go do some salary cap calculations or something, or go play on your Atari
What makes you upset about what I posted? I'm going to assume that deep down you know it's true since you changed the subject. Over positivity and straight up delusion is worse than someone being "negative" (saying the truth).

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As mid as most signings/rumoured signings have been so far, most can be explained.

If we signed Turps, he’s a straight swap for Flange who was playing that bench hooker role. Hutchinson is a half or centre (if desperate), Salmon replaces Waddell or RFM, Mann another utility and Poasa a prop iirc. Possibly SST also.

All very underwhelming, but not surprising with the dearth of talent off contract.

Doggone1975

Kennel Established
Reaction score
YESYESYESYES! Why did Reed go from respectable defender to speedbump? Simple, he didn’t have Paulo and RCG either side of him this year. Get the small man some bloody help ffs.
Because most of our forwards are gutless. I would say part time but that would be disrespectful to our pedigree of past players that held jobs and still bled blue and white and bashed other players to protect our playmakers. Even mason and ogre and bobcat had heart and were true bulldogs.
Ffs instill some passion in this club

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I love how half the kennel complains about a depth signing. You can’t sign 33 Payne hasses and have your strongest team all season. Black is black and white is white lads.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
@TheSexDogs you truely are a grade a fuckwit. How the fuck you call yourself a fan when you have not 1 positive thing to say about the team, coach , board and anyone. You just sit back and laugh at decision made to recruit, or player selection acting like a know it all. Every year you change your name you turn into a bigger ****. You and that fucking clown would be 1 n 2 on my list and that's not for fucking recruitment.
Are you even serious?
You want him to be deluded like you and just sit in hope year after year of not making the finals, we’ll just continue making excuses and become the West Tigers V2.0 shall we.

Last edited:

craigo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has the flog mole kaboomed it yet

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Are you even serious?
You want him to be deluded like you and just sit in hope year after year of not making the finals, making excuses?
They're a bunch of nostalgia merchants. They jerked themselves silly when Pay was coach. Jerked themselves silly when the Anderson's were in change. And now, they're jerking themselves silly with Gus is in charge.

I've already acknowledged that I think Gus does a great job with Juniors and Pathways however his strike rate at the top levels of the game isn't remotely as good and history tells us that. These ***** are fucked if they think I'm going to look fondly on dead shit signings like Salmon, Taaffe, SST, Turpin, etc. Nobody wanted these *****.

We've been shit for almost a decade so my negative perception of the club and how they operate regardless of who's in charge has been nothing but accurate across the years. My opinion won't change until I actually start seeing some encouraging developments at the club. And no, paying overs for a centre to play fullback is not an encouraging development. The encouraging development would be Crichton successfully transitioning to the role and not fans or coaches thinking it's just going to happen.

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
While we may all be divided over what’s happening there is no denying that the market is dry and there is no quality available.

We need to fill our squad with who we can as numbers need to be filled and cap spent, one thing that irks me hard here is people think we can simply target whoever and get them.. seriously wake the …. up!

We all need to get used to it because that’s how it’s going to be until we become a attractive club, we aren’t recruiting players to get us out so we need to create them and the wheels are in motion.

Hating on Gus/CC/the board doesn’t do shit all, I’ve had my fair say no doubt.. it is what it is.

Last edited:

J_B

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
They're a bunch of nostalgia merchants. They jerked themselves silly when Pay was coach. Jerked themselves silly when the Anderson's were in change. And now, they're jerking themselves silly with Gus is in charge.

I've already acknowledged that I think Gus does a great job with Juniors and Pathways however his strike rate at the top levels of the game isn't remotely as good and history tells us that. These ***** are fucked if they think I'm going to look fondly on dead shit signings like Salmon, Taaffe, SST, Turpin, etc. Nobody wanted these *****.

We've been shit for almost a decade so my negative perception of the club and how they operate regardless of who's in charge has been nothing but accurate across the years. My opinion won't change until I actually start seeing some encouraging developments at the club. And no, paying overs for a centre to play fullback is not an encouraging development. The encouraging development would be Crichton successfully transitioning to the role and not fans or coaches thinking it's just going to happen.
You say Gus's strike rate at the top levels of the game isn't remotely as good ??? Put down the pipe champ

Gus Coached Bulldogs and Panthers to a premiership

Gus won 6 x origin series for NSW the most ever by Any other Blues coach

Joined the Roosters in 95 the Roosters had made the finals only once since 1983. A long rebuilding phase followed under Gould, enabling them to make some quality signings, one of the most important being Brad Fittler, the champion five-eighth/centre who had a close association with Gould at Penrith and with the NSW Blues. The Roosters were consistent semi-finalists from 1996 to 2004

Every where he has been success follows !

Marley you're just a flea on Gus's nuts stop believing you know more then the Great Augustus Gould

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
You say Gus's strike rate at the top levels of the game isn't remotely as good ??? Put down the pipe champ

Gus Coached Bulldogs and Panthers to a premiership

Gus won 6 x origin series for NSW the most ever by Any other Blues coach

Joined the Roosters in 95 the Roosters had made the finals only once since 1983. A long rebuilding phase followed under Gould, enabling them to make some quality signings, one of the most important being Brad Fittler, the champion five-eighth/centre who had a close association with Gould at Penrith and with the NSW Blues. The Roosters were consistent semi-finalists from 1996 to 2004

Every where he has been success follows !

Marley you're just a flea on Gus's nuts stop believing you know more then the Great Augustus Gould
And absolutely none of that is relevant in today's game. Try again.