Jake Averillo

Novocastrian

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Heard from friends (who are Dragons supporters) of his family, that he signed 800k for 3 years.
If that's true, no wonder we let him go!
I didn’t mind him in the end. But 800k is massive. Good for him. Only have a short time to make bulk coin.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Lol.
No chance he is on that, maybe half as I recall seeing 400k mentioned(borderline still too much)

Hound Dog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
You mean 800k a season ?
Mate if that’s true I’ll chop my balls off.
I don't believe it but I won't be surprised.

People see a lot of potential in him, I don't think he was going to hit that level people were hoping for with us, let's see what the Bennett effect does.

I'd rather he takes up oppositions cap space so we can spend it on areas and players we need and potentially players that can give our team and fans confidence.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
He isn’t on 800k ffs let’s not turn into those cucks that make figures up cause he left.

let’s be serious.

We didn’t want him at 400k. He has speed. Creative at times. Woeful defender. Fullback showed he has no balls for bombs etc and didn’t like the contact. Without a doubt one of our better attacking players but also cause our roster was Fucking putrid. He’s had years to improve from “potential” and while it has no doubt be a hard gig with mainly shit around him and moved about it’s also what helped him stand out with ball in hand. That said even with that shit around him he stood out as a terrible liability defensively.

Wayne will no doubt help him but personally I’m Glad we didn’t keep him if it was 400k+.

We need way more $ in forwards and in kiraz jac xerri and crichton it only leaves 1 spot he could of potentially started in.

If taafe is the fullback I’d think overall and value for money taafe has him. (Slower and not as good with attack but far better defensively).

If critta is in the 1 he could of been a centre but I’m also sure with our options and kids coming it’s better to invest the $ in forwards.

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He isn’t on 800k ffs let’s not turn into those cucks that make figures up cause he left.

let’s be serious.

We didn’t want him at 400k. He has speed. Creative at times. Woeful defender. Fullback showed he has no balls for bombs etc and didn’t like the contact. Without a doubt one of our better attacking players but also cause our roster was Fucking putrid. He’s had years to improve from “potential” and while it has no doubt be a hard gig with mainly shit around him and moved about it’s also what helped him stand out with ball in hand. That said even with that shit around him he stood out as a terrible liability defensively.

Wayne will no doubt help him but personally I’m Glad we didn’t keep him if it was 400k+.

We need way more $ in forwards and in kiraz jac xerri and crichton it only leaves 1 spot he could of potentially started in.

If taafe is the fullback I’d think overall and value for money taafe has him. (Slower and not as good with attack but far better defensively).

If critta is in the 1 he could of been a centre but I’m also sure with our options and kids coming it’s better to invest the $ in forwards.
We offered Jake 450k x 3, Dolphins 600k x 3 years.

Not sure Taafe is slower ... in an interview several Souths players including Bennett were raving about his speed. One player even went as far as to say he would never get run down.

Was at the game against Souths which we won, and his pace looked electrifying even allowing for the opposition.

Whether he has the attacking skills to match Jake remains to be seen but he will play with more physicality.

I think there is a good chance we roll with Taafe at fullback and Critta at center at least initially.

Have no doubt Critta would handle fullback comfortably, but he is such a quality all-round center i would be loath to move him. We have been shocking defensively in the centers for years.

Very keen to watch Blake play fullback tomorrow in the reserve grade GF.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
It is a given that letting Averillo go will come back to bite us on the ass. An absolute given
I strongly believe this is the case
In the right system he will be a Steve Renouf/Steve Michaels hybrid.
But can he realise that in our system? Meaney v2

SexBomb

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You mean 800k a season ?
Mate if that’s true I’ll chop my balls off.
That is what they advised me.
Whether true or not, I don't know!
If true, no wonder we didn't get into a bidding war though.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
If Benny paid Avo 600k ...how much is Herbie getting to go there and leave the Broncs?

Critta might be a steal by comparison.

Perspective doubters ;)

Last edited:

Glenn L

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
800K is the same as they upgraded the hammer to this year. Is the hammer a better player? Not really sure at this point.