Jake Averillo

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Averillo has been in our top 2 players this year (playing centre) and showed good signs last year after being moved to fullback. If he was complete garbage like someone like Wakeham then I'd get what you're saying (and I wouldn't be saying to keep him either).
He is capable of 7or8 out of 10 games, but the majority of his games are 4 out of 10. Same as TPJ

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
People would complain if we tried to match the Dolphins offer and ended up overpaying him. Difference is the Dolphins need a center, so they were prepared to pay good money for him, we don't.

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Averillo should’ve never been moved from FB in order to accomodate Perham. Ciraldo plays favourites and keeps the core trash in and all this does is demotivate the team.

Any player that shows their talent would think about leaving at this point.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
People would complain if we tried to match the Dolphins offer and ended up overpaying him. Difference is the Dolphins need a center, so they were prepared to pay good money for him, we don't.
I doubt he plays centre for the dolphins, his best chance of playing in the starting 13 is at fb, and i doubt he gets that spot in front of the Hammer. He will play 14

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Xerri has been out of the game for years, it's unlikely he hits the ground running. Averillo can play 1-7 and looking at next years team worst case scenario for Averillo was playing centre, wing or 14 (or filling in with injuries) and it still would of been worth offering him 350k going off his form and potential for 2 years now.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I saw that he's getting 450k a season.

I'd rather have Averillo at 450k a season than Crichton at 800k a season.
With a 12 million-odd salary cap, $450K is just average earnings these days.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
With a 12 million-odd salary cap, $450K is just average earnings these days.
With marquee players getting most of the salary cap the middle to bottom players in the NRL get nowhere near 450k on average.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
With marquee players getting most of the salary cap the middle to bottom players in the NRL get nowhere near 450k on average.
Depends of where you see Averillo in the spectrum of players i guess. i'd put him in "regular first grader - just" category.

Kurrupt78

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stephen Crichton imo will easily be the best player next year for us. Hands down. The disrespect he gets from some of you clowns is beyond beggars belief.

Fuck, we don’t deserve any marquee signings with the way some of you ***** carry on! Anyway…keep whinging away as per usual.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Stephen Crichton imo will easily be the best player next year for us. Hands down. The disrespect he gets from some of you clowns is beyond beggars belief.

Fuck, we don’t deserve any marquee signings with the way some of you ***** carry on! Anyway…keep whinging away as per usual.
Not including his achievements at the Panthers, He kills it at origin and international level. He is a gun. Aside from Graham he is probably the best defensive centre in the comp.And has plenty of attacking capabilities.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score

I can't wait to see him in our colours

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I doubt he plays centre for the dolphins, his best chance of playing in the starting 13 is at fb, and i doubt he gets that spot in front of the Hammer. He will play 14
Averillo would easily be their second best option at centre. This smells of Meaney isn't good enough for Storm 13 he will be reserve grade or bench.

OldDogFan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe Averillo didn't want to stay. Maybe CC's defensive system is too hard, so he bailed while he had an opportunity. Who knows, I don't.

Moey91

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe Averillo didn't want to stay. Maybe CC's defensive system is too hard, so he bailed while he had an opportunity. Who knows, I don't.
He should eat concrete and harden the fuck up then lol!

I have nothing bad against him, but if he doesn’t want to stay after we’ve offered him money and wants more, then goodbye!

Im sick of players not wanting to be here, goodluck to him