News Jacob Preston is on ‘Bloke in a bar’

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm going to have to weigh the pros and cons of watching this. I am a huge fan of Preston. Loved the way he spoke in his initial interview with the club. But I hate Kemp and the way he can't help but compare how hard it was in his day, his own rehab mental demons etc. After a couple of episodes I decided he's leading up to questions so he can reminisce about his own career. It just annoys me a lot for some reason.

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm going to have to weigh the pros and cons of watching this. I am a huge fan of Preston. Loved the way he spoke in his initial interview with the club. But I hate Kemp and the way he can't help but compare how hard it was in his day, his own rehab mental demons etc. After a couple of episodes I decided he's leading up to questions so he can reminisce about his own career. It just annoys me a lot for some reason.
When I hear the word Denan (Denon) the first thing that springs to mind is stereo systems

Scoobs

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Yeah, he can be hard to listen too alot of the time. I actually think he constantly refers to his own career because he is an awkward and inexperienced interviewer and struggles with any silences.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I hear the word Denan (Denon) the first thing that springs to mind is stereo systems
I think denim jeans lol. I don’t mind his reminiscence, but I rarely watch him, so probably would get sick of him eventually. What I like is that he can at least relate to players, even though training methods do change.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
i find his voice annoying TBH.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Gus signed him to a FG contract, before he’d played a NSW cup game?
Great call.
He was a brilliant acquisition. Nothing better than a signing nobody cheered much about that quickly becomes a fan favourite. Was the same with King and Kiraz. I only recall a few people who rated any of these guys before they'd played a few games for us. Most were screaming about players they'd prefer we'd signed despite their heavy price tags.

As far as I'm concerned, our progress with roster improvement isn't as quick as I'd like it in an ideal world. But it's not ideal right now with cap rises meaning most of the big forward talent was retained through that extra space. If we'd hit this point with the ability to adjust our roster 2-3 years ago we'd have had more talent to chase. We shouldn't just throw all that hard won cap space away on anything but a star where we need them.

But I think we're not quite finished adjusting our roster yet. If any prop talent pops up we'll be all over it.