Jackson ... Verdict?

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Baz is too much of a pussy to drop him. We had a 3-1 overlap on the outside after a few nice offloads from tpj and Wakeham in the first half, it reaches to jackson. What does he do, he dummies and ducks in then loses the ball. ‘bUt NaH hE iS tHe CoUrAgEoUs BuLlDoG’ Get a coaching staff thag aren’t a bunch of cats.
He fcuked up twice
Once was to Braidon burns and the other one he dummied whilst he was standing still
Like even if the opp player fell for the dummy
How far did he expect to run u treadmill

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We never looked back after dropping Simon Gilles to reserve grade in 98 and he was captain at the time.
It was the catalyst for us making the finals run in 98. Before that we were struggling and worse than mid table. Baz doesn't have the balls to do what Folkes did though.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
It was the catalyst for us making the finals run in 98. Before that we were struggling and worse than mid table. Baz doesn't have the balls to do what Folkes did though.
The situation with Gilles was a lot more toxic to be fair. Jackson is still ripping in with 100% effort but he’s just struggling. Gilles attitude was horrible before Folkes punted him plus we had some veterans in that team to steady the ship.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The situation with Gilles was a lot more toxic to be fair. Jackson is still ripping in with 100% effort but he’s just struggling. Gilles attitude was horrible before Folkes punted him plus we had some veterans in that team to steady the ship.
True. Can never question Jackson's attitude or effort. I don't think he should be dropped. But he should be benched and therefore someone else be the captain. He's not a starting player anymore and hasn't been for quite some time.

You're right about Gillies. I remember he was twice the size of Joe Stimson by 98. He made Darren Britt look lean..

Axel_75

Waterboy
Reaction score
First guy I pick. Easy.
First 3 games the team looked good and Jacko played great. We were never in it with Melbourne. I was pissed but you can't pin the blame on one player.
Get over it.
Can't believe the reactions or even why this is a topic of discussion.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Both blokes are giving there all. If they were on 500k each this wouldn’t be a conversation. Jackson is not a ball playing lock. Someone tell Baz please!!!!!! Still an inspiration in effort areas and defensively.
[/QUOTE

he is not a back rower either.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
True. Can never question Jackson's attitude or effort. I don't think he should be dropped. But he should be benched and therefore someone else be the captain. He's not a starting player anymore and hasn't been for quite some time.

You're right about Gillies. I remember he was twice the size of Joe Stimson by 98. He made Darren Britt look lean..
Just moving him into the front row would make a world of difference if they insist on starting him. Get him out of that ball playing lock role as he struggles with it at his stage of his career and it’s stifling the team.

JMK‘a service combined with Jackson’s ball playing is a major reason we cannot score.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Just moving him into the front row would make a world of difference if they insist on starting him. Get him out of that ball playing lock role as he struggles with it at his stage of his career and it’s stifling the team.

JMK‘a service combined with Jackson’s ball playing is a major reason we cannot score.
Yeah exactly. Just use him as a battering ram. Not in a ball playing role and not on an edge where he has to catch and pass.

DaveV

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Well managed clubs like the Roosters for example move players on before they reach their used by date.