News Jackson Topine takes Bulldogs to court

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I'm interested to know what the investigative powers are available to the club, ie can meta data be looked at ?
Not sure on that issue DM.

My concerned comment, made at that time, re possible penalties, was more to do with wanting the problem to be amicably cleared up and not go to Court as I was worried about this developing further into more serious ramifications. Some deadset want it to go to Court and people even saying this could bring down the whole game. I was concerned the club could face further penalties. Then I was corrected by @Psycho Doggie Fair play but I thought it best to just drop the subject and not go there talking about those other legal possibilities for our Admin employees.

His Dad and legal reps are not being sensible and if JT hasn't been in touch when the club tried contacting him, it's in no one's best interests by inflating this especially Jackson's. He had a great reputation with the Dogs, junior rep, capt of reserves and leading the victory song but this has blown that all to bits.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was thinking about how this mentality may have come about for JT and when you look at his history, of playing Australian school boys and junior origin, it makes me wonder if that junior rep experience made the realisation that he may not fulfil an NRL career, may have been very hard on him. Pretty sure similar situations have happened with other players before with some making the ultimate decision they couldn’t come back from. Thankfully this didn’t happen this time.

Last edited:

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I was thinking about how this mentality may have come about for JT and when you look at his history, of playing Australian school boys and junior origin, it makes me wonder if that junior rep experience made the realisation that he may not fulfil an NRL may have been very hard on him. Pretty sure similar situations have happened with other players before with some making the ultimate decision they couldn’t come back from. Thankfully this didn’t happen this time.
If he felt his pathway was blocked with his Gus appointed (5 year) current coach, or the club's new fitness direction, whatever it was that concerned him... he needed to sit down and discuss his options with the Club.

It was clear the coach was not going anywhere so he needed to fit in to the new conditions or else negotiate a release. Gus would no doubt have helped him out with that from all we see with other players who Gus has released. It would have been a much better solution for him to say prove himself, if he could, at another club or in UK where lots of players have gained experience and Gus himself has recommended that avenue.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score

‘Our players are really lucky to have him’: Bulldogs leap to defence of Travis Touma amid ongoing legal stoush

Bulldogs trainer Travis Touma is caught in the middle of a legal matter against the club, but the coach and high-profile players have all praised him.
Martin Gabor

3 min read
April 30, 2024 - 12:24PM
NCA NewsWire

Canterbury coach Cameron Ciraldo is confident the legal action launched against the club won’t be a distraction this season, while he also praised trainer Travis Touma who has been at the centre of the allegations of making Jackson Topine wrestle up to 35 players during a controversial training session. Topine, who is no longer at the Bulldogs, was late to a training session last year and alleges he was forced to wrestle the rest of the squad, a punishment he claims was “assault”. Ciraldo wasn’t able to comment on the case given it’s an ongoing legal matter, but he says it won’t bring the squad undone as they head into round 9 inside the top eight.

Cameron Ciraldo is confident his players will stay focused despite the ongoing legal proceedings. Picture: NRL Photos
“I’ll probably just read the room and see how the boys are, but I’m very confident it won’t be a distraction,” he said.
“I haven’t had to (address it). No one has asked me about it.”
Touma’s alleged actions are the crux of the case, but his character has been vehemently defended by Roosters coach Trent Robinson and five-eighth Luke Keary, who both spoke about how important he was during their premiership runs before he joined the Bulldogs.
That sentiment was echoed on Tuesday morning at the club’s headquarters in Belmore.
“It’s unfortunate that his name has been brought into it through media, but it is what it is,” Ciraldo said.
“What we can’t control is reputations, but we can control the character. Trav is of the highest character possibly of anyone I’ve ever met.

Travis Touma was a valued member of the Roosters before he joined the Bulldogs. Picture: Mark Kolbe/Getty Images
“He cares about the people he works with, he’s a family man, he lives a very clean life, and he’s a guy we’re really lucky to have at the club. Our players are really lucky to have him.
“I could see a number of players would have said that about Trav over the years.
“He’s helped develop better players and better people, and that’s why we wanted to bring him to the Bulldogs. He fits what we’re trying to do here. It’s not easy bringing change to a club, and Trav has been a guy who has helped me in that regard.
“I know that every decision he’s made has been in the best interests of the club, and that’s something we want to do here – we want to put the club first before ourselves.”
Bulldogs halfback Drew Hutchison was also at the Roosters while Touma was there, and he spoke glowingly of how the trainer has been able to get the best out of players using his own methods.

“There’s no hiding that he demands absolute excellence from all of his players. That’s the environment people want to be in, and that’s the environment that breeds success,” he said.
“Knowing Travis personally, he has nothing but care and respect for everyone in the organisation.
“When I had him at the Roosters, the way the older blokes spoke about him and the care that they had for him and he had for them, it’s something that’s always stuck with me.”
Ciraldo also hit back at suggestions the Bulldogs don’t care as much about player welfare as other clubs.
“I think we do as much, if not more, than any other club with a number of people that care about the welfare of our players,” he said.
“We do a lot of stuff around cultural activities to understand each person’s culture, and I’m very happy with where we’re heading.
“It’s a different workplace and it’s not for everyone.
“It’s a tough environment, it’s a tough game and it’s different. It’s hard to do, and if it wasn’t hard then everyone would be doing it.”

It’s hard to do, and if it wasn’t hard then everyone would be doing it.

Always a Bulldog

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Just so you know I was corrected in a non-thugish way as distinct from your post lol. My first sentence makes fun of ALL the legalist terms they could throw in to try and make a case against the club.

It's clear from all my posts on the topic, I am on the club's side of this so no, I won't be joining his litigation team. More aggressive unnecessary agenda dumb posts from you.

View attachment 107968
You missed my point, if you joined Jackson’s legal team it would be in the club’s favour.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
You missed my point, if you joined Jackson’s legal team it would be in the club’s favour.
There was no need for you to even make that silly suggestion or "your point" after @Psycho Doggie had corrected me but thank you anyway. I'd be better off on the club's legal team if any at all :grinning:

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I don’t think this matter stands up in court.

One only needs to look at the defence forces sector run by the government, the amount of disciplinary punishment, the intensity of those punishments and treatment for breaking rules (including lateness) is next level. If a court rules in favour of Jackson, opens up a massive Pandora’s box.

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
I don’t think this matter stands up in court.

One only needs to look at the defence forces sector run by the government, the amount of disciplinary punishment, the intensity of those punishments and treatment for breaking rules (including lateness) is next level. If a court rules in favour of Jackson, opens up a massive Pandora’s box.
yeah i'm the same, ive been waiting for something new to come out, and it's pretty much just the wrestling thing, which doesn't sound horrible

Reaction score

‘Our players are really lucky to have him’: Bulldogs leap to defence of Travis Touma amid ongoing legal stoush

Bulldogs trainer Travis Touma is caught in the middle of a legal matter against the club, but the coach and high-profile players have all praised him.
Martin Gabor

3 min read
April 30, 2024 - 12:24PM
NCA NewsWire

Canterbury coach Cameron Ciraldo is confident the legal action launched against the club won’t be a distraction this season, while he also praised trainer Travis Touma who has been at the centre of the allegations of making Jackson Topine wrestle up to 35 players during a controversial training session. Topine, who is no longer at the Bulldogs, was late to a training session last year and alleges he was forced to wrestle the rest of the squad, a punishment he claims was “assault”. Ciraldo wasn’t able to comment on the case given it’s an ongoing legal matter, but he says it won’t bring the squad undone as they head into round 9 inside the top eight.

Cameron Ciraldo is confident his players will stay focused despite the ongoing legal proceedings. Picture: NRL Photos
“I’ll probably just read the room and see how the boys are, but I’m very confident it won’t be a distraction,” he said.
“I haven’t had to (address it). No one has asked me about it.”
Touma’s alleged actions are the crux of the case, but his character has been vehemently defended by Roosters coach Trent Robinson and five-eighth Luke Keary, who both spoke about how important he was during their premiership runs before he joined the Bulldogs.
That sentiment was echoed on Tuesday morning at the club’s headquarters in Belmore.
“It’s unfortunate that his name has been brought into it through media, but it is what it is,” Ciraldo said.
“What we can’t control is reputations, but we can control the character. Trav is of the highest character possibly of anyone I’ve ever met.

Travis Touma was a valued member of the Roosters before he joined the Bulldogs. Picture: Mark Kolbe/Getty Images
“He cares about the people he works with, he’s a family man, he lives a very clean life, and he’s a guy we’re really lucky to have at the club. Our players are really lucky to have him.
“I could see a number of players would have said that about Trav over the years.
“He’s helped develop better players and better people, and that’s why we wanted to bring him to the Bulldogs. He fits what we’re trying to do here. It’s not easy bringing change to a club, and Trav has been a guy who has helped me in that regard.
“I know that every decision he’s made has been in the best interests of the club, and that’s something we want to do here – we want to put the club first before ourselves.”
Bulldogs halfback Drew Hutchison was also at the Roosters while Touma was there, and he spoke glowingly of how the trainer has been able to get the best out of players using his own methods.

“There’s no hiding that he demands absolute excellence from all of his players. That’s the environment people want to be in, and that’s the environment that breeds success,” he said.
“Knowing Travis personally, he has nothing but care and respect for everyone in the organisation.
“When I had him at the Roosters, the way the older blokes spoke about him and the care that they had for him and he had for them, it’s something that’s always stuck with me.”
Ciraldo also hit back at suggestions the Bulldogs don’t care as much about player welfare as other clubs.
“I think we do as much, if not more, than any other club with a number of people that care about the welfare of our players,” he said.
“We do a lot of stuff around cultural activities to understand each person’s culture, and I’m very happy with where we’re heading.
“It’s a different workplace and it’s not for everyone.
“It’s a tough environment, it’s a tough game and it’s different. It’s hard to do, and if it wasn’t hard then everyone would be doing it.”

It’s hard to do, and if it wasn’t hard then everyone would be doing it.

Always a Bulldog
Its not for everyone is so so true but because everyone has to be pampered and wraped in cotton wool so as not to hurt anyones feelings woke woke woke

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
You can tell Brent Reid has never done a hard training session before.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I know the term woke is generally overused but who would have thought this new age snowflake mentality would be in amongst one of the deadwood at our club. I knew they were average reserve graders but this is a whole new level. We laugh at America sometimes for the woke snowflakes, meltdowns and tantrums but it has come all the way to Belmore and needs to be defeated!

No former players in the media are even on his side and can't imagine what the game will look like if this fraud isn't put in his place. Every opinion I've heard from legends of the game backs up what Ciraldo has said.

Apex Cedar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Someone check Reads pants. Must of peed himself in his argument. Delusional ****