News Jackson Topine takes Bulldogs to court

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
At some point people will realise why Murdoch groups shitty reporting gets so many clicks is from people who want to rail against it. yet if you ignore it - it will all eventually go away.
They and their defenders NEVER go away.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
If not comprehension deficit disorder then hysterical exaggeration disorder from you lol
So who exactly compared this to the Lehrman rape case? Who exactly made the specific reference of my guy as though it was some piss poor attempt at baiting? In case you forgot.
4. Trying to avoid Court action is more advantageous to Jackson than him running the gauntlet of the press similar to your guy Lehrman...nothing wrong in trying to avoid that for Jackson.
For someone that likes to complain a lot about peoples behaviours - glass houses come to mind.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
So who exactly compared this to the Lehrman rape case? Who exactly made the specific reference of my guy as though it was some piss poor attempt at baiting? In case you forgot.

For someone that likes to complain a lot about peoples behaviours - glass houses come to mind.
Snookered. But. At that point you were rabbiting on about how we must believe all that the press tell us and was attempting to point out that you yourself fell hook line and sinker for what was presented in that Spotlight program when you created the thread. Only reason I mentioned it Dooges.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
So topine is suing for loss of income. 4 million. He is he assuming he would play to atleast 2034 and average 400k a year? :p the guy struggled to get to training let alone be close to anything but a minimum contract player. Maybe offer him 180k and be happy with it. Both parties win.

Last edited:

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm guessing that managers have a database that reminds clubs of who's coming off contract so they can consider there rosters. Clubs can reach out straight away if they are interested and do nothing if they are not. Just like any spam.

Also add that remediation talks broke down between the Dogs and Topine in Feb. So had 4-6 weeks to clean up his system. Should that have happened? Guess it depends how much Smith was in the loop of the case and where him and his team thought it was going to end up.

Been pretty consistent I'm not judging who is right or wrong. Let the courts decide.
I’m sure they do have such system mate doesn’t change it was poor data management if the email wasn’t meant to be sent and why in my opinion it’s all too convenient.

I don’t have any influence in what happens in the court but I’ll still have my opinion in the matter because after all this is a forum.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Snookered. But. At that point you were rabbiting on about how we must believe all that the press tell us and was attempting to point out that you yourself fell hook line and sinker for what was presented in that Spotlight program when you created the thread. Only reason I mentioned it Dooges.
So u admit you were baiting. Good to know. As I said b4 - for someone so keen on peoples behaviours - can say this opened my eyes.

@DinkumDog - in this instance - apologies. I was wrong and you were right.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
I’m sure they do have such system mate doesn’t change it was poor data management if the email wasn’t meant to be sent and why in my opinion it’s all too convenient.

I don’t have any influence in what happens in the court but I’ll still have my opinion in the matter because after all this is a forum.
Yep - poor data management vs some evidence that he's not actually suffering and good to go are a fair way apart. Just the usual media whoring which no one has any actual basis on. Could be he's stooging and good to go, could also be its just a bog standard IT fck up. Know from my experience which one is more likely but hey - nothing to base that on either.

All good bro.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A couple of things from the latest article..

1) Why did he return to training after the incident if he was so traumatised? They’re suing for all these extremely serious charges like “deprivation of liberty“ and “corporal punishment“, yet he came back to the club. If it was as bad as they claim, no way would you return.

2) They claim he had to wrestle 30-35 players. For one, there’s no way we had that many fit players unless they’re claiming all grades were involved. Can you imagine a HM player being told to wrestle an NRL player lol. And two, the club claim it was for a total of 4 minutes! Maybe the truth is somewhere in the middle, but this whole case doesn’t add up!

WHY DID HE RETURN TO THE CLUB AFTER BEING SO TRAUMATISED? WHY DIDN’T HE RESPOND TO CALLS AFTER MONTHS OF RECEIVING PAYMENT, DESPITE NOT FULFILLING CONTRACTUAL OBLIGATIONS? The club only had to pay for a much shorter time, but continued paying, despite there being no communication from Jackson. And he has the nerve to sue for $4m?! Fkn **** is living in fantasy land.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
But we were told by Doogie that if a lawyer takes on the case, then that means it's legitimate. Because there's no such thing as a sleazy, opportunistic lawyer that wants to get easy money or free press by making outlandish claims.. Topine's legal team make Lionel Hutz look legitimate..
TIL @Doogie still participates on TK.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
So u admit you were baiting. Good to know. As I said b4 - for someone so keen on peoples behaviours - can say this opened my eyes.

@DinkumDog - in this instance - apologies. I was wrong and you were right.
Comprehension skills awry again and gas lighting too :grinning:
No baiting.
Just reminding you you yourself fall hook line and sinker for whats presented in the press.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Comprehension skills awry again and gas lighting too :grinning:
No baiting.
Just reminding you you yourself fall hook line and sinker for whats presented in the press.
Remind all you want. You claimed I brought in the Lehrman case. Wrong. You admitted you did because of some weird perception of what I put in that thread. Wrong. And you are saying I'm falling for what the press says when its clear all along - I'm doing the very opposite. Wrong again.

And you've gone gaslighting. Just read your own statement above - can you be any more pathetic?

So we going beyond baiting to trolling now? As I said before - you opened this door - happy to walk through and dance eh? Or you can piss off and go annoy someone else. Works either way for me.

Old Man JB

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Perhaps, but to do so is to say what the article is not saying, and none of the direct quotes are saying. What the article is saying is that the agent didn't know, which is a far more interesting revelation.

The "personalised" stuff would be standard, the agent would have a write up for each of his players that would be included in any generic marketing stuff he sends out.
I get the line that it was just an automated kind of email but it doesn't make sense to me. My organization sends promotional stuff, sales pitches but it is always checked for accuracy before mass dispersion. His manager is either very unprofessional or he is covering his tracks after the legal team decided to go nuclear. I would say the latter.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I get the line that it was just an automated kind of email but it doesn't make sense to me. My organization sends promotional stuff, sales pitches but it is always checked for accuracy before mass dispersion. His manager is either very unprofessional or he is covering his tracks after the legal team decided to go nuclear. I would say the latter.
I worked in marketing for about 10 years, with a variety of large and small companys, and also some individuals. Seen plenty of stuff go through that never should have, even some stuff resulting in lawsuits. Happens all the time.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Remind all you want. You claimed I brought in the Lehrman case. Wrong. You admitted you did because of some weird perception of what I put in that thread. Wrong. And you are saying I'm falling for what the press says when its clear all along - I'm doing the very opposite. Wrong again.

And you've gone gaslighting. Just read your own statement above - can you be any more pathetic?

So we going beyond baiting to trolling now? As I said before - you opened this door - happy to walk through and dance eh? Or you can piss off and go annoy someone else. Works either way for me.
Obvious that you are getting a tad upset. Even including others into your post so I will take your kind advice ....and let you carry on with your vigil with all the others in here. All the best Dooges.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My sneaky feeling is nrl will come in and support us, this affects them and the whole game.