News Jackson Topine takes Bulldogs to court

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Funny how he went from being mentally scarred, traumatised and incapable of ever playing again after the incident to then looking for a new club... Then when he can't find a new club, he's all of a sudden back to being traumatised and incapable of playing because of the supposed abuse suffered under a tyrannical, oppressive and inhumane Bulldogs regime..

You can't make this shit up. He has no case.. He loses any respect and benefit of the doubt for going down this path and being so transparent in his desperate attempt to try and extort money from the club.
Maybe I'm reading the article wrong, but it seems to be saying that his agent sent out those emails as a part of regular process, so they had all of his players who are off contract in 2024 on them. It is emphasised that the agent had not been told about the legal action.

If that is true, then it isn't that Jackson was pushing his agent to get him a new club, it would be more accurate to surmise that he wasn't talking to his agent at all.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
It isn't up to the Bulldogs to prove it didn't happen.

It is up to Topines legal team to prove that it did.

The burden of proof is on the accuser.
And if the Dogs provide no evidence to counter this and with how....loose.... WHS laws are these days - you think thats hard to do?

Like what Judge is going to say that 'standard' NRL practice is acceptable these days?

Lynchpin

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Guess they just believe they have a better chance of getting a 'balance of probability' ruling than facing 'beyond a reasonable doubt' burden of proof.
BREAKING! Armchair Lawyer asserts case stands a better chance of success by pursuing a lower burden of proof.
You don't say!

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
1. Until it is confirmed the Bulldogs are "all the anonymouss sources" I won't think the Bulldogs are the source. No one should. Whenever have the media kept any of our confidences? Never..that's why we don't trust them. Only one we could say MIGHT put Bulldogs version or details out there is possibly Weidler who supposedly gets along with Gus bc he isn't a Murdoch employee

2. I don't think the Bulldogs would be "more fair and equitable". I do think tho that 2 disputing parties getting together in a meeting with good faith towards each other may achieve more than the mess that is unfolding for Jackson at the moment.

3. Who mentioned HR or their card :grinning:

4. Trying to avoid Court action is more advantageous to Jackson than him running the gauntlet of the press similar to your guy Lehrman...nothing wrong in trying to avoid that for Jackson.
1. Name one Dogs official on the record on this. Topines lawyer is. Topines manager is. So who do ya reckon is putting out all the pro-Dogs stuff on this?
2. You're kidding yourself.
3. What do you think this is all about - workplace and HR.
4. So you want to compare Brucey - how does trial by media sound?

Let the court decide.

ChesoBulldog

Banned
Reaction score
I've noticed all year and especially recently that each time Ciraldo talks in the media that he says we only want people who want to be here and who will work hard etc. It's him confirming the culture he's trying to build but it also seems like he's taking a shot at the malcontents like RFM, Nu Brown, Topine etc..
Literally the night after this all came out the whole team went to Hussains fight and formed a guard of honour, then thursday morning were together at dawn service. They are not phased by this rubbish, one peanut who thinks he's bigger than the team. Cya chump

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Maybe I'm reading the article wrong, but it seems to be saying that his agent sent out those emails as a part of regular process, so they had all of his players who are off contract in 2024 on them. It is emphasised that the agent had not been told about the legal action.

If that is true, then it isn't that Jackson was pushing his agent to get him a new club, it would be more accurate to surmise that he wasn't talking to his agent at all.
Ssshhhh. Don't ruin the narrative. :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

Rebuilding Phase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
And if the Dogs provide no evidence to counter this and with how....loose.... WHS laws are these days - you think thats hard to do?

Like what Judge is going to say that 'standard' NRL practice is acceptable these days?
Yeah because the Bulldogs are just going out on a whim and taking these accusations on with NO evidence to support their actions…

Seriously, can you see the sunlight this morning or are you that far up Jackson’s asshole…

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Smith is saying this after the fact. He could be saying that it was automated after the fact so that it doesn't impact Topine's legal proceedings.

They included a snippet of the email which seemed pretty personalised and updated and not generic or automated..

If Topine was not interested in playing because of the impact of what he claims he went through, then wouldn't they take him off the automated email list as Smith said he has now done since then?

If we can't trust what the media or club say, then we also can't trust what Topine's lawyer or agent says because they have their vested interests too and will try and cover or lie for Topine as best they can. Either way, more information will come to light in the next few weeks and months and I doubt it ends well for Topine's claim. It's a weak case to begin with that will only get weaker as time goes on.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
1. Name one Dogs official on the record on this. Topines lawyer is. Topines manager is. So who do ya reckon is putting out all the pro-Dogs stuff on this?
2. You're kidding yourself.
3. What do you think this is all about - workplace and HR.
4. So you want to compare Brucey - how does trial by media sound?

Let the court decide.
1. Chairman has said we are defending against the accusations and wont be commenting. Anything else quoted as from Bulldogs is just assuming on your part.

2. No not kidding. Wanting the best outcome for both our Club and JT.

3. My suggestion of a meeting did not mention HR involvement in any capacity. Perhaps after the meeting around the kitchen table, HR would need to be involved but not in the initial remedial meeting I first suggested.

4. You fell hook line and sinker for the Spotlight interview and believed every word. No one wants Jackson to go through the media scrum and harrowing cross examination that BH and BL went through bc don't kid yourself, the Murdoch media will jump on this Court case with absolute fervour if it gets that far.

sifter6

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Disagree. I think he’s showing more this year he’s a bulldog. He really gets up Buzz and Read when they have a crack at Dogs and he was extremely passionate about this on Wednesday. Monday will be good with Read and Buzz back
But those two 'journos' rarely have a 'crack' at the Roosters, I am sure his true colours would come out if they attacked the Roosters week-in, week-out.

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
When it suits. He knows it is unpopular being a Rooster's supporter when being a TV presenter, it is all show.
Rubbish.
In the lead up to the Dogs vs Roosters game, Read (or maybe Hooper) asked him who he'd be supporting on the night, his response was while he has some fond memories at the Roosters, he will be supporting the Dogs.

He is Bulldogs through and through, and cannot hide it.

Hit a nerve when talking about the dogs and he'll rip your head off.

ChesoBulldog

Banned
Reaction score
But those two 'journos' rarely have a 'crack' at the Roosters, I am sure his true colours would come out if they attacked the Roosters week-in, week-out.
Anasta is also pro roosters, always will be. He would suck Politis off if required

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Yeah because the Bulldogs are just going out on a whim and taking these accusations on with NO evidence to support their actions…

Seriously, can you see the sunlight this morning or are you that far up Jackson’s asshole…
Maybe u should just read the entire conversation first b4 u comment. You wouldn't look so stupid.

But since we're here - I'm the one saying let the courts decide. Your the one saying guilty as charged because of media snippets. So who exactly is up who's asshole Mr Mushroom?

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Smith is saying this after the fact. He could be saying that it was automated after the fact so that it doesn't impact Topine's legal proceedings.

They included a snippet of the email which seemed pretty personalised and updated and not generic or automated..

If Topine was not interested in playing because of the impact of what he claims he went through, then wouldn't they take him off the automated email list as Smith said he has now done since then?

If we can't trust what the media or club say, then we also can't trust what Topine's lawyer or agent says because they have their vested interests too and will try and cover or lie for Topine as best they can. Either way, more information will come to light in the next few weeks and months and I doubt it ends well for Topine's claim. It's a weak case to begin with that will only get weaker as time goes on.
Perhaps, but to do so is to say what the article is not saying, and none of the direct quotes are saying. What the article is saying is that the agent didn't know, which is a far more interesting revelation.

The "personalised" stuff would be standard, the agent would have a write up for each of his players that would be included in any generic marketing stuff he sends out.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
17 NRL clubs? Even the Bulldogs? That's some A-Level Sales Operators in action right there.
Well it was auto-generated, as you'd expect, from his Manager who was fully across Jackson's personal anguish, loss of liberty and assault at the hands of his teammates (not) and caring for his client.

The amount of people gonna be discredited in this going to Court by ruthless lawyers (maybe Barristers if it goes that far) will be wide reaching.

Not to mention the game itself. For that reason alone, you can see why some want it all blown up in Court and others want it to go away.

Last edited:

Rebuilding Phase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe u should just read the entire conversation first b4 u comment. You wouldn't look so stupid.

But since we're here - I'm the one saying let the courts decide. Your the one saying guilty as charged because of media snippets. So who exactly is up who's asshole Mr Mushroom?
Not sure how much he’s paying you to be up his ass but it’s ok to see the light some day. Just ask him nice and gently to let you go. Be brave!! You’ve got this Doogie!!!!

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
1. Chairman has said we are defending against the accusations and wont be commenting. Anything else quoted as from Bulldogs is just assuming on your part.

2. No not kidding. Wanting the best outcome for both our Club and JT.

3. My suggestion of a meeting did not mention HR involvement in any capacity. Perhaps after the meeting around the kitchen table, HR would need to be involved but not in the initial remedial meeting I first suggested.

4. You fell hook line and sinker for the Spotlight interview and believed every word. No one wants Jackson to go through the media scrum and harrowing cross examination that BH and BL went through bc don't kid yourself, the Murdoch media will jump on this Court case with absolute fervour if it gets that far.
Lol.

1) So where exactly are all the pro-dogs anonymous sources coming from then. Random interested parties?
2) Naive then.
3) Its a HR issue now. And once you lawyer up, no lawyer is allowing an uncontrolled truth session. Naive again.
4) So Brucey is in jail is he? You might want to go back to that thread and have a closer look. One side put there story out big time, once the other side did as well it was completely different context. And, let me remind you b4 you go there, the civil trial burden of truth is weak as piss and apart from cash - means nothing. And why can't the DPP proceed - because with all the media that the 'victim' created, the likelihood of a fair trial is zero.

So now we are comparing a HR case with a rape case in terms of 'harrowing'. Sure.