News Jackson Topine takes Bulldogs to court

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
I'm jumping in late but what's the deal with a burial ground?
ANSTO back in the day dumped all their shit in a pit out the back not far from the river. 30 years worth of shit. When the EPA pulled them up on it and said what exactly have you buried there (and this is a public access location or used to be), they said, hmmmmmm...... lots of shit. Fckd if we know.

Its ANSTOs dirty little secret. They claim they only dumped chemicals in it, nothing radioactive. I've been told by my guys, thats very very unlikely but was probably low level stuff. Even so - good to know your local nuclear reactor just dumped their waste in a pit out in the bush.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
You’ve repeatedly used Liam Knights punishment as some type of evidence that Topine was unfairly treated, or punishments have changed since. However it shouldn’t be assumed, especially when you consider what has previously been publicly mentioned.

Quoting Ciraldo on 30th August last year “We’ve gone through a range of different ways of talking about holding standards, some of it has been monetary related, some of it has been spinning a wheel and then some of it has been ways to change behaviours.”

Liam Knights is only known due to it obviously standing out. We don’t know all the other people who have been fined, span the wheel and received similar or different punishments, or had other punishments on them to change behaviours, before or after Topine’s incident.
I don't need to assume anything. I have the deets of Topine's punishment for being 10 mins late. I have Knights punishment for being late. No idea how long or even if the late is true. But when I line up the punishments, they are miles apart.

Now maybe others have been Topined and are ok with it - no idea. Just talking what both sides seem to agree are facts.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
So u don't know about the little burial ground? And u work or worked for ANSTO right? Mebbe go have a chat to Tim Payne and he can tell you all about it. Its even on your own website ffs.

And no, if it was a backyard op in Lakemba you'd be flogging isotopes to every second guy. You guys don't sell them, you just lose them. :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

Karen Wolfe would love to know where is this ancient burial ground. lol

Maybe the half bake story you got was of the "hole" they dug besides the ARI production lab for its extension and due to lack of funds it never got completed.

anyway I have been away since 2007 so a lot would have happened during that time, but I can guarantee you that no one is losing isotopes from the back of the van somewhere or they are disposing of radioactive waste burying it in a hole on site (as you are suggesting). lol

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
NATA are a laugh too but I think that because people misunderstand what they are about. They just ensure you have a process. The process can be shit, awesome or whatever - you just have to have a process. People think they police a good process. Nope.

Funny side story - mate of mine started as a lab jockey straight out of Uni at ANSTO with some senior guys. Anyways - some IAEA conference was coming up in Moscow and these senior guys were meant to go and present. Then ANSTO had one of the many restructures and those senior guys all got the ass. Next thing my guy, 5 months in, is the only one left out of the team. Yet the Oz govt said we were going - so he got the gig to present Australia's nuclear waste policy at Moscow. First he needed security clearance, so off to ASIO for training (i.e. to be told to steam up mirrors in case there was something behind them) and which nationalities to be wary of. Believe this or not, yes all the usual culprits (Russians etc.) but ASIO were adamant, keep away from ANY Indonesians. Like wtf did Indonesia do?

Anyways - off he goes. He basically knows shit but wings it. Just before leaving he decides to wander around Moscow and do the tourist thing. Basically, he fcks up and misses his flight, books another hotel near the airport and organises another flight in a couple of days. Apparently ASIO shat themselves and sent embassy people hunting for him all over Moscow. Not once did ASIO think to call his parents to see if they'd heard from him, he'd called them and told them where he was. Next thing he finally makes Sydney and basically Fed police practically storm the plane. Poor cnt fckng shat himself.

We laugh about it now - but thats where IAEA are at - we sent a lab jockey to them as our rep and they never had the faintest idea. Lol.
bro security clearances are done before you join ANSTO not after.

There were 3 levels of security clearances from ASIO spending on where you are working on site.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score

Maybe the half bake story you got was of the "hole" they dug besides the ARI production lab for its extension and due to lack of funds it never got completed.

anyway I have been away since 2007 so a lot would have happened during that time, but I can guarantee you that no one is losing isotopes from the back of the van somewhere or they are disposing of radioactive waste burying it in a hole on site (as you are suggesting). lol
ANSTO is responsible for the Little Forest Legacy Site (LFLS) located within the ANSTO Buffer Zone boundary. This site, formerly known as the Little Forest Burial Ground (LFBG), was used by the Australian Atomic Energy Commission (AAEC) during the 1960’s to dispose of waste containing low levels of radioactivity and beryllium oxide (non-radioactive) in a series of shallow trenches. There has been regular monitoring of the site since 1966 and the results have been reported in ANSTO’s environmental monitoring reports.

And thats what ANSTO tell people, the EPA enquiry tells a whole different story.

Still think I'm half baked?

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
bro security clearances are done before you join ANSTO not after.

There were 3 levels of security clearances from ASIO spending on where you are working on site.
Guess you misread - the ASIO stuff was done because he was our nuclear rep for an IAEA in Moscow and was interacting with foreign agents and ASIO were worried he would be 'corrupted'. Problem was - he didn't know shit.

Pretty sure you aren't taught secret spy stuff if you are emptying the bins down there.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
ANSTO back in the day dumped all their shit in a pit out the back not far from the river. 30 years worth of shit. When the EPA pulled them up on it and said what exactly have you buried there (and this is a public access location or used to be), they said, hmmmmmm...... lots of shit. Fckd if we know.

Its ANSTOs dirty little secret. They claim they only dumped chemicals in it, nothing radioactive. I've been told by my guys, thats very very unlikely but was probably low level stuff. Even so - good to know your local nuclear reactor just dumped their waste in a pit out in the bush.

you know the half life of most of the isotopes is few hundred years.

If ANSTO were dumping waste in the river somewhere, it would still be blowing up the canary aka the geiger counters.

Plenty of greenies and conspiracy theorist go around Lucas heights with their uncalibrated equipment to find something against the nuclear facility. you think they would have missed your secret burial ground for nuclear waste?

astro_boy77

Waterboy
Reaction score

I've worked at Ansto for 20 years.
I know Karen Wolfe.

The Little Forrest Buriel Ground does exist. You can see the fenced off section across the road from Ansto from google maps etc.
It's basically where they dumped all old lab material, which was contaminated but low level waste but the ground is contaminated but also monitored.

This all happened a long time ago and times have changed since then.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
you know the half life of most of the isotopes is few hundred years.

If ANSTO were dumping waste in the river somewhere, it would still be blowing up the canary aka the geiger counters.

Plenty of greenies and conspiracy theorist go around Lucas heights with their uncalibrated equipment to find something against the nuclear facility. you think they would have missed your secret burial ground for nuclear waste?
Who said they dumped it in the river? They dumped it near the river - hence all the tritium tracing work done over the years.

and for the record - that blurb above came from the ANSTO website. thought I was making shit up right?

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Guess you misread - the ASIO stuff was done because he was our nuclear rep for an IAEA in Moscow and was interacting with foreign agents and ASIO were worried he would be 'corrupted'. Problem was - he didn't know shit.

Pretty sure you aren't taught secret spy stuff if you are emptying the bins down there.

emptying bins? nah that was Karen's job at one stage.

But yeah still went through highest security clearance on site to join the new Opal reactor team but still wasn't told about " the secret spy stuff" and some how you are privy to all that. lol

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
I know Karen Wolfe.

The Little Forrest Buriel ground does exist. You can see the fenced off section across the road from Ansto from google maps etc.
It's basically where they dumped all old lab material, which was contaminated but low level waste but the ground is contaminated but also monitored.

No it doesn't. I'm lying :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

Also lying about the taso incident where ANSTO went to primary schools for show and tells with alpha emitters. they looked like tasos. Some kid at one of the primary schools pinched it. Unfortunately by the time the ANSTO educators realised, they'd been to a number of other schools. So ANSTO went public on it and was front page in the local rag here.

The beta emitter story I know is true because I know the guy who submitted the ARPANSA report for it. his words to me - fckng idiot.

And the liquid nitrogen story is also true. As is the waste issue story.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I know Karen Wolfe.

The Little Forrest Buriel ground does exist. You can see the fenced off section across the road from Ansto from google maps etc.

Thanks for the confirmation. Definitely before my time 20 years ago.

We were thoroughly checked for any contamination after every shift when I was there back from 2004-2007.

Low level stuff would have been all decayed by now. Which area did you work in?

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
emptying bins? nah that was Karen's job at one stage.

But yeah still went through highest security clearance on site to join the new Opal reactor team but still wasn't told about " the secret spy stuff" and some how you are privy to all that. lol
Probably because you weren't asked to go to Moscow alone to present. Go figure.

astro_boy77

Waterboy
Reaction score
No it doesn't. I'm lying :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

Also lying about the taso incident where ANSTO went to primary schools for show and tells with alpha emitters. they looked like tasos. Some kid at one of the primary schools pinched it. Unfortunately by the time the ANSTO educators realised, they'd been to a number of other schools. So ANSTO went public on it and was front page in the local rag here.

The beta emitter story I know is true because I know the guy who submitted the ARPANSA report for it. his words to me - fckng idiot.

And the liquid nitrogen story is also true. As is the waste issue story.
I haven't heard those.
There have been accidents that have occurred whilst I've worked there and staff injured.
The safety culture is very high but yeah accidents do happen.
All the accidents that I know of are public knowledge and if you google it you can read about those accidents.

Thanks for the confirmation. Definitely before my time 20 years ago.

We were thoroughly checked for any contamination after every shift when I was there back from 2004-2007.

Low level stuff would have been all decayed by now. Which area did you work in?
Engineering.
I started 2000 andI'm still there lol
I got into the good super scheme so that keeps me there.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I haven't heard those.
There have been accidents that have occurred whilst I've worked there and staff injured.
All the accidents that I know of are public knowledge and if you google it you can read about those accidents.

Engineering.
I started 2000 andI'm still there lol
I got into the good super scheme so that keeps me there.
I was at ARI from 2004 -2007.

what is the super like these days?

Its not 19% super I know as they dropped to 15% when i was there.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
I haven't heard those.
All facts my man. I can only talk to what my guy has shown me, told me, plus what Ansto put in the rags. And the lbg reared its head roughly around the time of the Hunters Hill debacle so pretty topical. So I've seen the EPA govt report. Very different from what you guys tell people. Thats fine, I work in water for another govt agency, I know how it works.

As for safety, well. One of my guys worked down there in safety during the teens. Hopefully its improved.

I collab'd with a few guys down at ANSTO back in the teens. They don't tell you squat. Amazing what you hear from your own Uni buddies though.