Jackson Hastings / Manly Strip Club Megathread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
When he mentioned he cried, the victim playing card came to mind. It’s not cool to cry ffs even though that’s what society is saying. Man the fuck up. We do not need to know you cried especially when it’s all on you.

Definitely do not need this type of player at our club, we already have Sharon.
Beat a horse enough and it will start to cry. There is nothing wrong with a man showing emotion. If I had showed more of what and how I felt may be I'd still be married today but no I grew up with the mentality that boys don't cry and if you did you were labeled a sissy, a whimp or even worse a girly boy. How wrong some old mentalities can be. No wonder depression is rampant these days. By mentioning that he cried, I don't believe that Hastings was playing the victim how ever I do believe that he was only being true to himself.

Last edited:

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I cried at my last job. Eventually the workplace harassment and workplace bullying and attempts to sack me got too much and I just cracked one day and burst into tears.

That was the end of that though and I made them pay for that effort with a decent payout.

Point is, people will cry when emotionally impacted. What's not to say the guys a shy introvert, and prefers to do his own thing.
You fucken sook, you should have punched them in the vaginas and cop a jail sentence hahahaha

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Beat a horse enough and it will start to cry. There is nothing wrong with a man showing emotion. If I had showed more of what and how I felt may be I'd still be married today but no I grew up with the mentality that boys don't cry and if you did you were labeled a sissy, a whimp or even worse a girly boy. How wrong some old mentalities can be. No wonder depression is rampant these days. By mentioning that he cried, I don't believe that Hastings was playing the victim how ever I do believe that he was only being true to himself.
Apply common sense please, I know it’s hrd with my direct wording. I’m just saying he needs to man the fuck up in his circumstances.
I just think men are saying they cry these days coz it’s popular to say so and encouraged.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
You fucken sook, you should have punched them in the vaginas and cop a jail sentence hahahaha
Nah... seeing them fall apart financially when they most needed money (the whole reason behind trying to cheap out on employees) was more satisfying.
Ye who lives the high life, falls the hardest when the bank owns everything and the ATO come knocking.
Total karma.

I'll rebuild myself and be a better person, a better employee, and enjoy a better life as a result.

INFACT as a result of all that shit I've been seeing a Clinical Psychologist, and in the long run it's going to help me make huge advances in my life. So win win there.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here,

I want to ask a question to make you think.

What makes people that play the Stockmarket rich?

Buying something cheap that has potential before the others?

Something of value that is cheap?

Something with potential that hasn’t fired ??

Would you agree? Tell Nasheed if you don’t and make damn sure you explain why not.

Point is, this is where we are at.
We have the potential to throw twenty bucks at a stock that people have tipped to explode.
It may, it may not.

But look at the risk/reward of this.
It goes good/great. Or it fails.
This is a kid who could be a Mitch Pearce if massaged correctly.
Sign him, and if he succeeds whisper Nasheed in your wife’s war as you make sweet love to her because we are in the semi’s ❤

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Apply common sense please, I know it’s hrd with my direct wording. I’m just saying he needs to man the fuck up in his circumstances.
I just think men are saying they cry these days coz it’s popular to say so and encouraged.
Well let me be direct while I apply some common sense "Your f@cking wrong period"!!! I hope that is real enough for you.

Last edited:

Emdog85

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
When he mentioned he cried, the victim playing card came to mind. It’s not cool to cry ffs even though that’s what society is saying. Man the fuck up. We do not need to know you cried especially when it’s all on you.

Definitely do not need this type of player at our club, we already have Sharon.
Who's looking like the marshmallow now [emoji23] oh and its marshmallow, not marshmellow LOL

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Nasheed here,

I want to ask a question to make you think.

What makes people that play the Stockmarket rich?

Buying something cheap that has potential before the others?

Something of value that is cheap?

Something with potential that hasn’t fired ??

Would you agree? Tell Nasheed if you don’t and make damn sure you explain why not.

Point is, this is where we are at.
We have the potential to throw twenty bucks at a stock that people have tipped to explode.
It may, it may not.

But look at the risk/reward of this.
It goes good/great. Or it fails.
This is a kid who could be a Mitch Pearce if massaged correctly.
Sign him, and if he succeeds whisper Nasheed in your wife’s war as you make sweet love to her because we are in the semi’s ❤
Nasheed you lost me at " This is a kid who could be a Mitch Pearce if massaged correctly." I'm all for giving Hastings a chance as I think his inclusion would add value to our team but I'm not interested on giving him a boner. :grinning:

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
How has this thread not died yet?

Wtf! Clearly he's not fit for team sports. Who the fuck cares about the articles being published under approval of his agents/club? Yeh they want to get rid of him and agent wants to get him signed.

Actions speak louder rhan words. And his actions have been shit both on and off field.

Also..

WE ARE NOT DESPERATE!!! WTF! JMK and foran are more than enough! Open your eyes/minds and stop thinking our club will/should win EVERY SEASON!

Get over yourselves!
JMK is a shit fucking half.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The Jackson Hastings question that tipped Manly Sea Eagles coach Trent Barrett over the edge after Parramatta Eels loss

Angry Manly coach Trent Barrett doesn’t appear likely to lift his NRL black-ban on controversial utility Jackson Hastings despite the Sea Eagles’ season threatening to spiral out of control.

Barrett was in an ordinary mood as it was after watching his team crash 44-10 to the previously winless Parramatta when the inevitable Hastings questions started coming his way at the post-match press conference.

Would he now consider Hastings for selection despite initially stating the 22-year-old would spend the season in the NSW Cup after a blow-up with captain Daly Cherry-Evans in Gladstone?

“The last game only finished five minutes ago, mate, so I haven’t really thought about the side next week,” Barrett snapped.

Sporting News then stepped up to ask whether the door was open to Hastings ‘down the track’?

Barrett’s eyes narrowed as he said through gritted teeth: “Can I just say one thing again.

“The incident in Gladstone was the straw that broke the camel’s back.

“This isn’t an isolated thing where I’ve gone bang, bang and made a decision.

“There have been things leading up to that. That’s all I’m going to say about it.

“Who I pick next week…I will sit down on Tuesday and pick a side.

“I will not be answering another question on it.”

Skipper Cherry-Evans, who was fined $10,000 for his part in the Gladstone skirmish, was not spared the inquisition.

He insisted all was good between him and Hastings.

“Mate, it’s fine. We cleared the air straight away,” he said.

“It was a shame to see so much written about it considering how quickly we moved on.

“There was no lingering awkwardness. And we certainly didn’t leave it as an excuse to play poorly today, no way.

“I’ve copped it all on the chin. I’ve accepted the punishment.

“I’m certainly not proud of what’s happened. The best way I can respond is to try and play some good football.

“While that certainly wasn’t the case today, I can’t wait for next week to come.

“It won’t come quick enough. (We need to) get our season back on track and show everyone what we’re capable of.”

Hastings scored a try and had a hand in two others in helping Blacktown Workers to a resounding win over Wyong on Saturday.

His ability to play a number of positions could prove valuable for Manly, who added centre/winger Brad Parker (knee) to their growing injury list.

Manly have conceded 114 points in dropping their last three games to Gold Coast, Wests Tigers and Parramatta.

The Sea Eagles meet Newcastle at Lottoland on Friday night.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Trent Barrett looks like he is about to blow a gasket. Hahahaha :grinning:

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
So your solution is to sign another absolute waste? Huh? How about this - how about we actually sign players who can play footy and who aren't dickheads. You know people of the character of Smith, slater, Cronk, Jackson, Tolman instead of Dugan, Carney, Lodge and Hastings. How about that. Everyone on here seems to think that because you are a dickhead you can be saved and turned into the next immortal. Time to accept that dickheads will always be dickheads and as a club we should look for people who can not only play footy but are also decent blokes. It will pay forward in spades. it's one of the reasons why the Storm keeps attracting good young players and we don't.
Problem is we have a salary cap and don’t gave the money to go and buy a young talented player that other clubs are also after. Also comparing Hastings’s to those three is an injustice, he pissed off Pearce when he was 17 and in his first year at the Roosters and he was never able to shake that off and now he is being exiled at Manly after DCE punched him. He definitely had a part to contribute but as a person I doubt he is much worse then a Pearce or DCE, both players you would take in a heart beat.

Deathspell

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Don't be too hard on OP,some slow people think April Fools Day falls on the 18th.

Minion

Kennel Established
Reaction score
No way, he is obviously not a team player. Out of the same mould as Jarryd Hayne.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
How bad must it be if the fans are calling for you (Barrett) to be replaced by a bloke who homewrecked the club (Hasler). LOL

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
How bad must it be if the fans are calling for you (Barrett) to be replaced by a bloke who homewrecked the club (Hasler). LOL
Yh but Manly fans are idiots, more so than us haha. I've seen them bagging both Trbojevic brothers at some point lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.