Jack Bird Origin Debut

Status
Not open for further replies.

M4cca

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Interesting to see if he'll get much game time tonight. Hard to imagine when walker barely got any in game 1 when the series wasn't on the line. Not a huge fan of him coming from the bench though. I get that he has utility value but I don't see him as the type of player to come on and add spark, would've kept walker on the bench for that.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Probably wont get much time unless someone gets injured. Everytime Daley picked a utility back they've only got like 5-10 minutes the same as how Josh Reynolds did in 2013.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
He has to be put on in the first half, maybe the last 15 mins. Daley is an idiot if he doesn't.

M4cca

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He has to be put on in the first half, maybe the last 15 mins. Daley is an idiot if he doesn't.
What does he play though? He's a good player but if he gets put on as lock or something I feel like the qld forwards will dominate him.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah just sub him on for a back rower to add some spark. Could be a risk but we need to take some risks

Brizdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
He needs at 10 minutes before half time and 10-15 mins somewhere in the second half to make any sort of impact. Hopefully Daley sees this. He can make a bigger impact than walker similar to M Morgan

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Utility is a waste of bench spot imo, especially if you have player like Jackson who can cover centre/hooker. They shouldve went with another prop.

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I would have gone with Carter over Bird. Carter can provide impact in the middle, edges, and out wide. He's a back-up forward and back.

As for Daley's past decisions, leaving the utility on the bench for 70 minutes is a waste of a bench spot. Bring the utility player on - they can still cover injuries if they have already been on the filed.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I thought he was good. Was dangerous with the ball.

nikgan123

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Walker can f off. Bird in. Jennings out. Leuilua in for jennings. Greg bird out, Cartwright in. Wade graham for gallen

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Just do a massive overhaul and use the 3rd match as a trial for next year.

Tedesco
Gray
Leilua
Roberts
Trebovic

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
How did Daley ever get the coaching gig? I cant recall him being a club coach. He coached Country a few times with poor results.
I think his results speak for themselves. Former good player, but a below average coach.

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
How did Daley ever get the coaching gig? I cant recall him being a club coach. He coached Country a few times with poor results.
I think his results speak for themselves. Former good player, but a below average coach.
Like Gould pointed out, coaches dont win games, players do. At this level Lauries job is to have the players motivated which he has done a good job of. Farah, Gallen and bird need to take a step back, right back, to club level. They have and uncanny ability to fuck our momentum each of them, multiple times a game.

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Walker left right out, J. Bird and Cartwright in pls

Status
Not open for further replies.