It's Great to be a Bulldogs Fan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
...But, it is the bad seasons that make the good seasons so much more enjoyable.
It certainly does. It's a good feeling going to games and knowing your team can win, instead of going and just waiting to see how much we're going to lose by.

This year is so much sweeter considering the crap we put up with last year

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
Your all a bunch of bandwagoners :p

Only the ones that travelled up to Canberra for the final round last year are true supporters :p

Yes i went there tehehe

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Your all a bunch of bandwagoners :p

Only the ones that travelled up to Canberra for the final round last year are true supporters :p

Yes i went there tehehe
If I had got an invite I would have gone.....

At least I never boo'd DJ last year, that was disgraceful

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
If I had got an invite I would have gone.....

At least I never boo'd DJ last year, that was disgraceful
I :love: DJ!

Let me put it this way, if Stagg is rested this week, my bet is DJ will be back up :p Suffer kennel suffer :devil:

Anastabation

Reaction score
Best rugby league club in the world. We were getting away from what made us so great in the last few years but things are well and truely in order now, and I'd even be willing to stick my neck out and say its never been a better time to be a bulldog. The 80's were great, and we've had alot of good times since then, but the way we have emulated the culture and virtues that made us such a great club in the past, and also added new values and virtues, has us in great stead. I'm confident we won't be seeing any more dark days at the club for a long time to come. Our biggest concern now is whether we will win the comp or not, all that other crap is done for.

=Sarah=

Long live MJ
Reaction score
I'm always proud to be a bulldog!

I wear my jersey with pride :grinning:

wooooo!

Vargster

Moderfaker
Reaction score
Captain Kickass - i couldn't agree more! in 2008 it was hard and tiresome wearing my jersey around and copping flak for the team i love. But when other like-minded (and obviously higher intelligent :grinning:) people commented on how great my jersey was, or gave me a smile simply because i was wearing the blue and white, it made all the jeering and bad jokes worth while! up the DOGGIES!

Janice

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I have followed the Bulldogs since they were the Berries (a long time now) and have always been a proud supporter, but this year is something really special, even though we are coming second on the ladder if everything had of gone the right way, the Penrith 14th man and the fiasco that was the Dragons game, we would be first and after last year that is unbelievable. I don't think the club is getting enough credit from the media everybody seems to fixated on the Dragons not realising they should by rights be second.

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
I've been to "rock bottom" before. I know what it looks like. I even know what it sounds and smells like. I didn't get there by choice. I was a victim of circumstances.

The strength of it's force can bend you over. Sap you of all energies and vitality. Leave you tired and confused in a world which you once mastered.

Sometimes there seems like there's no end in sight - The current rules you play along to in the game of life no longer work, as you franticly tread water waiting for a helping hand that may come to late.

For some, "breaking point" is reached. Depending on the indivdual or circumstance, it can a spectacular explosion or a slow, quiet spiral downhill.

But ..... I understand it's a challenge we all face inevitably, and if negotiated, provides a wealth of learning experiences, enabling you to emerge the other side with a complete new set of rules and the optimism of a fresh start.

2008 - Was the year the Bulldogs "broke".

And my .... wasn't it a spectacular meltodown ? In my almost 30 years of support, I've never seen an implosion like that before. It hurt to watch. It hurt to hear about it. There were times I just couldn't look. And always in the back of my mind was "US" - The fans !!! The members who spend their hard earned, and their time, and their voices, for little or NO reward other than an afternoon of bogan taunts from nuff-nuffs in the peanut gallery.

With the benefit of 20/20 hindsight, we now know, it was "EXACTLY" what the Bulldogs needed. A complete breakdown of what has occured, and a restructuring of rules so we may march forward again.

2009 - Will be the year "order was restored" !

While it's eternally pleasing we have resurrected ourselves in this fashion (with the architect being the son of our Godfather), at NO stage did I ever doubt, if we could get there. I knew it was ALL temporary. IT sucked, and it was painful as hell, but I knew .. one day, we'll be laughing !

I had NO idea it would come as swift or as unrelenting as it has.

I may have hated what was happening to us in 2008, but at no stage did I ever stop believing in us. I hated the players. I hated the coach. I hated what they were doing and what they were NOT doing. But for me, the reason I stick around is because of people like YOU !

Yes .... YOU !!! The one reading this !!!

You like Bulldogs. I like Bulldogs.
That's enough for me.

We all went through "Salary Cap" together. We all suffered the taunts of bogans after "Coffs" while walking down the street in our jersey.

We cheer together. We win together.
We lose together. We bleed together.

No matter how dark it gets. No matter how black it may look. No matter how many boots "they" lay into us while we're down. There simply is NO better collective of sporting fans anywhere in the world who have the bond, the legacy or the history that the Canterbury Bulldogs DO !

I walk down the street and get random Hello's from our folks just because I wear our logo on my person somewhere ! If not, I'll get a wink from an old fella and an approving nod ! Someone will say "cool jersey" and I'll reply, "you clearly have excellent taste, this ones a keeper lady !". Maybe I'll get a random toot of the horn and a "GO Bulldogs" from a passing car, or from a little fella standing behind me at the crossing holding his mums hand.

These people kept me afloat during 2008. And because of it, I never stopped believing.
post of the year

mate for me the best thing is having that feeling after a big win but there was no sweeter feeling than that of the victory in the 2004 GF...just everything that we went through as a club and as a supporter group...i also love it when i see a kid wearing our great jersey in which it has over 70 years of history...i am a proud and loyal bulldogs supporter and nothin will ever change that

mantissa

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Excellent post Captain Kickass, infact the best post i think i have read this year!!
Last year was the toughest i can remember in my 30 years of supporting the club ,even harder was watching my son cry when sonny bill left, watching us getting flogged week after week and being sent a wooden spoon in the mail by some smart ar*e Parra supporter mates ....2008 sucked i never expected things to turn around so quickly and has honestly been a joy watching them play and bond so well ....Bring on the semis.! GO THE DOGS!

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
I've been to "rock bottom" before. I know what it looks like. I even know what it sounds and smells like. I didn't get there by choice. I was a victim of circumstances.

The strength of it's force can bend you over. Sap you of all energies and vitality. Leave you tired and confused in a world which you once mastered.

Sometimes there seems like there's no end in sight - The current rules you play along to in the game of life no longer work, as you franticly tread water waiting for a helping hand that may come to late.

For some, "breaking point" is reached. Depending on the indivdual or circumstance, it can a spectacular explosion or a slow, quiet spiral downhill.

But ..... I understand it's a challenge we all face inevitably, and if negotiated, provides a wealth of learning experiences, enabling you to emerge the other side with a complete new set of rules and the optimism of a fresh start.

2008 - Was the year the Bulldogs "broke".

And my .... wasn't it a spectacular meltodown ? In my almost 30 years of support, I've never seen an implosion like that before. It hurt to watch. It hurt to hear about it. There were times I just couldn't look. And always in the back of my mind was "US" - The fans !!! The members who spend their hard earned, and their time, and their voices, for little or NO reward other than an afternoon of bogan taunts from nuff-nuffs in the peanut gallery.

With the benefit of 20/20 hindsight, we now know, it was "EXACTLY" what the Bulldogs needed. A complete breakdown of what has occured, and a restructuring of rules so we may march forward again.

2009 - Will be the year "order was restored" !

While it's eternally pleasing we have resurrected ourselves in this fashion (with the architect being the son of our Godfather), at NO stage did I ever doubt, if we could get there. I knew it was ALL temporary. IT sucked, and it was painful as hell, but I knew .. one day, we'll be laughing !

I had NO idea it would come as swift or as unrelenting as it has.

I may have hated what was happening to us in 2008, but at no stage did I ever stop believing in us. I hated the players. I hated the coach. I hated what they were doing and what they were NOT doing. But for me, the reason I stick around is because of people like YOU !

Yes .... YOU !!! The one reading this !!!

You like Bulldogs. I like Bulldogs.
That's enough for me.

We all went through "Salary Cap" together. We all suffered the taunts of bogans after "Coffs" while walking down the street in our jersey.

We cheer together. We win together.
We lose together. We bleed together.

No matter how dark it gets. No matter how black it may look. No matter how many boots "they" lay into us while we're down. There simply is NO better collective of sporting fans anywhere in the world who have the bond, the legacy or the history that the Canterbury Bulldogs DO !

I walk down the street and get random Hello's from our folks just because I wear our logo on my person somewhere ! If not, I'll get a wink from an old fella and an approving nod ! Someone will say "cool jersey" and I'll reply, "you clearly have excellent taste, this ones a keeper lady !". Maybe I'll get a random toot of the horn and a "GO Bulldogs" from a passing car, or from a little fella standing behind me at the crossing holding his mums hand.

These people kept me afloat during 2008. And because of it, I never stopped believing.
Beautifully written and felt by me 100% We the fans are the SPIRIT of the Dogs - everything comes and goes, but the spirit breathers life, purpose and energy into the Club.

Status
Not open for further replies.