ISAAC MATALAVEA-BOOTH

ShepardDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe Klese is who we went to speak to in gold coast IIRC someone mentioned another player was spoken to in the gold coast and it wouldn't surprise me either as of Nov 1 he is available for 2025 same time as Payne maybe I'm being overly optimistic lol. Also I did notice this post was 2 days ago around the same time Gould went to the gold coast. HMMM maybe a handshake deal was made? Because even if we don't get Payne H I think Klese H can blossom into a amazing forward.

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone know if this bloke is still with the club, and if so, close to finally getting game time?

I believe we have a few massive units that are injured currently, one being IMB, and I forget the other one.

Yougra

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Anyone know if this bloke is still with the club, and if so, close to finally getting game time?

I believe we have a few massive units that are injured currently, one being IMB, and I forget the other one.
Posted in another thread that he has been named on the bench for Ron Massey Cup team this week

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
So good to see this guy back on the park!
Geez, Rajab has really fallen down the pecking order!!
maybe because

1. build confidence
2. Not needed at all this year
3. Most likely not setting the world in the clubs eyes

who knows at least his still with us he has a long career ahead

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’d hate to see the size of IMB after having a fucked ankle.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Last 2 tries were in his first game for the dogs last year before he got injured.
Pretty good compilation and the music wasn't altogether shit either (no unintelligible rap). Looking at his build in the earliest footage. I love a prop that's almost as wide through the hips as their upper body. Just means they usually have tremendous leg drive and are hard to tackle down low.

He's got plenty of work ahead to push himself into selection contention. But his physical attributes should give him a massive advantage if he's willing to put in the hard work.

If both Matalavea-Booth and Suluka-Fifita both kick on we add two big boppers to a pack that most are thinking is desperate for them. So I hope he's able to get himself back into NSW cup soon. It might be a bit of a boost late in the season if they both made the NRL this year and added some oomph to our prop rotation.

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pretty good compilation and the music wasn't altogether shit either (no unintelligible rap). Looking at his build in the earliest footage. I love a prop that's almost as wide through the hips as their upper body. Just means they usually have tremendous leg drive and are hard to tackle down low.

He's got plenty of work ahead to push himself into selection contention. But his physical attributes should give him a massive advantage if he's willing to put in the hard work.

If both Matalavea-Booth and Suluka-Fifita both kick on we add two big boppers to a pack that most are thinking is desperate for them. So I hope he's able to get himself back into NSW cup soon. It might be a bit of a boost late in the season if they both made the NRL this year and added some oomph to our prop rotation.
I'm hoping over the next year or 2 Booth can convert his frame into muscle, until them I don't think he'll be first grade ready.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm hoping over the next year or 2 Booth can convert his frame into muscle, until them I don't think he'll be first grade ready.
I don't think he's slightly built from the video. Might be a bit deceptive looking at him because he's not got the tapering from chest to waist. He's similar in build to Darren Britt in that he's as broad at the waist as he is through the chest but a good deal taller.

I wouldn't rush him, but I think match fitness might currently be of bigger concern than bulking up. At any rate I hope his development from here is smooth sailing. Looks like a great prospect.

Old Man JB

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I don't think he's slightly built from the video. Might be a bit deceptive looking at him because he's not got the tapering from chest to waist. He's similar in build to Darren Britt in that he's as broad at the waist as he is through the chest but a good deal taller.

I wouldn't rush him, but I think match fitness might currently be of bigger concern than bulking up. At any rate I hope his development from here is smooth sailing. Looks like a great prospect.
This kid could be anything if he stays healthy and puts in the hard yards.