Is this rock bottom?

Status
Not open for further replies.

maltalian_dog

DESeption
Reaction score
Have we hit rock bottom yet or will the rot and decline continue?

Thought?

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
We've got another 2 more years of Tolman and while Hasler is still coach Tolman will start for us.

In those 2 years other teams are going to get better, they're going to have younger, stronger, more mobile forwards and we'll have Tolman

So no, we haven't hit rock bottom, it's going to get worse.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
They may have been rubbish last night, but at the ground you could see they were trying. When they give that up we will really hit the bottom....

really?

look at the pic in my sig.

dogbone

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I can't bare the thought of Hasler for another 2 seasons. He'd better be gone before the offseason starts... The board should have listened to Baa and Turvey.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
if this is not the bottom not sure what is cos this is worst than 2008

atleast in 2008 I had something to look forward to.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
We've got another 2 more years of Tolman and while Hasler is still coach Tolman will start for us.

In those 2 years other teams are going to get better, they're going to have younger, stronger, more mobile forwards and we'll have Tolman

So no, we haven't hit rock bottom, it's going to get worse.
You know, I can live with Tolman being in the side, but not him & Graham. One of them has to go. Our pack is one of the most dominated in the comp these days. We could achieve better results with having players like Fualolo, Taulau, Saunders and To'omaga in there just running straight and using the money on good, fast ballplaying backrowers. It almost seems like Bennett has it right. You don't pay big money for props.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
You know, I can live with Tolman being in the side, but not him & Graham. One of them has to go. Our pack is one of the most dominated in the comp these days. We could achieve better results with having players like Fualolo, Taulau, Saunders and To'omaga in there just running straight and using the money on good, fast ballplaying backrowers. It almost seems like Bennett has it right. You don't pay big money for props.
They BOTH need to go, Tolman and Graham. They're past their used by date, Graham from age, and Tolman the game has past him by.

Fualalo was much better than both when he came on.

Even Kasiano was better than both considering that this year has been Kasiano's worst

We got dominated at the start of every game for the past 2 years because of Tolman and Graham

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
They may have been rubbish last night, but at the ground you could see they were trying. When they give that up we will really hit the bottom....
Im sorry but a very select few are trying, just look at the tries we have let in last night especially and the previous week against penrith. Fumbles gifting tries, laziness at marker and dropping of tackles (alvaro try).

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Im sorry but a very select few are trying, just look at the tries we have let in last night especially and the previous week against penrith. Fumbles gifting tries, laziness at marker and dropping of tackles (alvaro try).
I guess it is easy to assume that, but I was watching them live and off the ball and they were really dirty on the mistakes they were making and they were getting into each other. I genuinely think they were trying out there (Alvaro's try excepted), no doubt too hard and the pressure to get a win is getting to them and they are making fundamental errors leading to too much possession for the opposition.

Brizdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Yes its rock bottom. However if hasler remains it could get worse.

Reactions: DT

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Not rock bottom but the lowest we have been since our 04 premiership (lower than 2008) . We're on our way down though. I predict that we will truly hit rock bottom in 3 years time.

Tigers hit rock bottom this year and that's five years after their dictator was deposed.

In my view the club erred in renewing Hasler's contract. The outside coach experiment failed and Dymock (who is part of the problem) should have been given the season to determine if he is fit to coach a first grade side.

The next coach should be a Canterbury man - or at the very least has played for Canterbury and has the credentials to coach.

bulldog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
As long as the Des-aster is in charge the hole will get ever deeper

Reactions: DT

Gabs

Dumbfounded
Reaction score
How sad is it that even putting in and doing their best, we are the worst performed team in the comp over the last two months???

Status
Not open for further replies.