Is it physically impossible for Tszyu to beat fundora?

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Looking more doubtful.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I tried to tell everyone.. it was impossible for tszyu to beat the much bigger man..

Tszyu also lost this because he was too cocky, yeah I’ll fight anyone in a moments notice. Well that didn’t work out too well.

pillow

The Bloodline
Reaction score
Elbow to the head was the difference. Tszyu was the better before that, can’t fight with blood pouring down your face.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Elbow to the head was the difference. Tszyu was the better before that, can’t fight with blood pouring down your face.
Blood or not he lost.. he had 12 rounds to find fundora and couldn’t.. boxing can come to blood being spilled, eye closed with a jab etc.. tszyu said he was going to put fundora head into the crowd but didnt did he..

The size of fundora was simply too much for the much shorter man to overcome,

It wasn’t that he couldn’t see, he couldn’t reach

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Blood or not he lost.. he had 12 rounds to find fundora and couldn’t.. boxing can come to blood being spilled, eye closed with a jab etc.. tszyu said he was going to put fundora head into the crowd but didnt did he..

12 rounds of which 10 his vision was heavily compromised. The classy thing was he still made no excuses in his post fight interview. That would be very disappointing losing a split decision in those circumstances.

initially he clipped Fundora early on and it looked like it could be a short night. Lady luck definitely smiled on Fundora that was clear as day to see

Last edited:

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Bro thats a pretty bad take. An accidental cut had a major impact on the fight.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Really wouldn’t mind seeing these 2 go head to head again in the future in a bloodless bout so there are no excuses from either party.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Those exact moments happen when you fight an awkward opponent.
Maybe not with a full preparation, sparring against similar fighters.

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Tszyus as tough as they come. He has nothing to be ashamed about and will come back bigger and better. He definitely would have knocked him out had he not been cut like that

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As I thought fundora boxed on the outside and used his reach.. tszyu couldn’t reach him… if he couldn’t see as everyone likes to believe they would have stopped the fight. There is no way one fighter was fighting in the dark and the other perfect vision and it goes to a split decision.. if tszyu could not see he would have been batting practise for fundora

Yes tszyu suffered an inconvenient cut but he lost because he couldn’t reach not couldn’t see.

Fundora as I said in the OP, fought from the outside making it impossible for little Tim tszyu.

Very very poor decision for Tim tszyu to take this fight on short notice, he was at a huge disadvantage due to size and without a proper training camp made it worse.. I saw this coming a mile away,,,sometimes a courageous fighter needs to be saved from himself

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
As I thought fundora boxed on the outside and used his reach.. tszyu couldn’t reach him… if he couldn’t see as everyone likes to believe they would have stopped the fight. There is no way one fighter was fighting in the dark and the other perfect vision and it goes to a split decision.. if tszyu could not see he would have been batting practise for fundora

Yes tszyu suffered an inconvenient cut but he lost because he couldn’t reach not couldn’t see.

Fundora as I said in the OP, fought from the outside making it impossible for little Tim tszyu.

Very very poor decision for Tim tszyu to take this fight on short notice, he was at a huge disadvantage due to size and without a proper training camp made it worse.. I saw this coming a mile away,,,sometimes a courageous fighter needs to be saved from himself
Did you see when Tim buzzed him in round 1 well before the cut?

I think all 3 had Tim up 2-0 after 2 rounds can you unpack that a little bit for us please

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Let’s all acknowledge something very important though… The Boost was right yet again. The outcome was as predicted.
Boost is like Nostradamus.
I only wish he would PM me with winning powerball numbers!

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
Bro thats a pretty bad take. An accidental cut had a major impact on the fight.
Good quote from the commentator in the first round when Tszyu got him square in the nose - That tilted his head back like a pez dispenser. If the accidental elbow didn’t happen it was going to be over.

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
I was also getting a bit worried that with the heart rate and exertion ect and the amount of blood lost Tim is going to pass out soon. Lot of blood pissing out.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think all 3 had Tim up 2-0 after 2 rounds can you unpack that a little bit for us please
Likely Fundora worked him out and made a few adjustments of his own. Like you said if tszyu buzzed him in round 1, how did Fundora with a broken nose win most of the rounds to take a decision.. where was tszyu power to go on with it? So tszyu could not find Fundora for 10 rounds? The doctor could have stopped the fight if the cut was so bad but didn’t. Arguably Fundora broken nose was more of an impediment.

The reality is Tszyu didn’t have the power to drop Fundora, very awkward punching upwards.

My point was always Fundora was too big to overcome. He boxed on the outside as I thought he would and used his reach advantage well.

Tim tszyu is a great fighter but no one is unbeatable.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It seems that Australian boxers make a big splash locally and when they try go to USA get beaten up?

Jeff horn knocked into tomorrow Crawford
Liam Wilson knocked into tomorrow
Michael zerafa knocked into tomorrow by Lara
Tim Tszyu outboxed
Jeff French beaten by asuma Nelson
Anthony Mundine beaten by sven otke

Our best hope is jai opetaia