Opinion Is Burton disinterested?

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Wow, another game where burton was one of our better players and we find a way to criticise him hahahahah, great stuff
He did absolutely nothing bar kick, his best games are when he hides so doesn’t jam up the backline lmao

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I love how Burton is the scapegoat for everything on here.. Not saying he played well but he certainly wasn't responsible for everyone dropping the ball all game either.

He put in a great kick for a repeat set (that wasn't a bomb for once and was a chip kick), put in a nice kick for Fox that almost set up a try, had a good run that almost broke the line. Other than that, he didn't do much and had an ordinary game.. But so did the whole team..

But let's blame Burton for Hutchison, Taaffe etc having shit games and killing a million different opportunities to score..

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Question for the Burton haters (the whole forum), take him out of last nights game and do we all of a sudden score 40? People wanting a combo of Hutchison and Sexton in the halves have no clue and somehow ignore all of the fuck ups those players make and the flaws they have in their game.

ChesoBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Question for the Burton haters (the whole forum), take him out of last nights game and do we all of a sudden score 40? People wanting a combo of Hutchison and Sexton in the halves have no clue and somehow ignore all of the fuck ups those players make and the flaws they have in their game.
Sexton can’t play grade because his defence is woeful.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Sexton can’t play grade because his defence is woeful.
That and Sexton was running around like a headless chook when he was on last night..

Hutch was shocking last night.. Taaffe was horrible.. I know people don't like Burton and I understand he's a frustrating and disappointing player that isn't living up to the hype but like it or not, he's our most talented and dangerous attacking threat in the spine at the moment.

People having guys like Sexton, Hutch, Taaffe in the team ahead of him is laughable.

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
That and Sexton was running around like a headless chook when he was on last night..

Hutch was shocking last night.. Taaffe was horrible.. I know people don't like Burton and I understand he's a frustrating and disappointing player that isn't living up to the hype but like it or not, he's our most talented and dangerous attacking threat in the spine at the moment.

People having guys like Sexton, Hutch, Taaffe in the team ahead of him is laughable.
Even though burton is a let down I’ll still keep him at 6 and I think sexton over Hutchinson.
I want to see Tracy before dropping taaffe.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
He isn't the major problem, but he is a major part of the problem.

Problem is the coach, spine and pack. People crap on about he needs a HB, he needs a 5/8th, he needs a hooker. That shows that we need a spine and he needs to be babied.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He isn't the major problem, but he is a major part of the problem.

Problem is the coach, spine and pack. People crap on about he needs a HB, he needs a 5/8th, he needs a hooker. That shows that we need a spine and he needs to be babied.
His form going back to last season is a problem. I'm not denying that. I just think people have it in for him so badly that they blame him for almost everything and ignore other players bad performances..

Even with a lack of a halfback or fullback around him, he needs to play better.. I thought he did some good things last night but it's not enough and he still has a lot to improve on. Still, win or lose it's important to not overreact to trials, so hopefully he picks it up starting in round 1.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
His form going back to last season is a problem. I'm not denying that. I just think people have it in for him so badly that they blame him for almost everything and ignore other players bad performances..

Even with a lack of a halfback or fullback around him, he needs to play better.. I thought he did some good things last night but it's not enough and he still has a lot to improve on. Still, win or lose it's important to not overreact to trials, so hopefully he picks it up starting in round 1.
Is he babied by the assistant and Gus? Is he a koala at training like he is on here?

Has he been promised that spot so he doesn't give a fuck if he performs or not?

We didn't lose because of him but he did nothing to try to stop us losing. 2-3 decent kicks and 1 decent run is not enough, especially from him.

ChesoBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hutch attack was way off but his defence was excellent which is why I think he’s going to get the nod in first grade over Sexton. I don’t mind this at all.

Burton had a better game yesterday, he was roaming a little more. I think Hutcho gives him the freedom to run more as well as opposed to Sexton.

axeman23

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I love how Burton is the scapegoat for everything on here.. Not saying he played well but he certainly wasn't responsible for everyone dropping the ball all game either.

He put in a great kick for a repeat set (that wasn't a bomb for once and was a chip kick), put in a nice kick for Fox that almost set up a try, had a good run that almost broke the line. Other than that, he didn't do much and had an ordinary game.. But so did the whole team..

But let's blame Burton for Hutchison, Taaffe etc having shit games and killing a million different opportunities to score..
2002 was probably Burton's fault too, we only went over the cap to fit his brother's cousin's best friends ex-girlfriend's pet fish's previous owner under the cap as a ball-boy, I'm SURE of it... :sweatsmile:

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Is he babied by the assistant and Gus? Is he a koala at training like he is on here?

We didn't lose because of him but he did nothing to try to stop us losing. 2-3 decent kicks and 1 decent run is not enough, especially from him.
I don't know what's happened. I thought he had a pretty decent first season despite the circumstances and showed his potential as a half, especially once Potter took over and we started playing more attacking footy.

He's regressed since then and had a bad year last year. Maybe some of that was Burton buying into his own hype and not working as hard on his game..

I don't think our one out style helps our attack in general though. Hopefully Salmon and Curran having that ball playing ability in the middle can help open up our attack across the park.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

You can see the difference between the players who already have a spot and those that are already penciled in. Quite a contrast between the efforts of those who came on and the run on team.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Burton is our best spine player, those are the cold hard facts.

Until Crichton moves to fullback that could change the order.