Opinion Is Burton disinterested?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
The irony of this because when he does good stuff the people hating on him say nothing but when he doesnt even have that bad a game, the haters come out. Embarrassing for a fan
He had a bad game, he was awful. Shit kicks, passes missing the mark, low intensity, stupid challenges, etc. He cops it because he's held to a higher standard and he isn't getting close to delivering. I'm embarrassing as a fan? He's embarrassing as a captain.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Na he's just not good enough, let's just move on and not waste another fucking season playing this stupid game with him. I know as soon as Burton has a good moment the Burton circle jerkers will be out in full force again while they ignore clear faults in his game. He is a net negative right now and the few good moments that will come aren't going to change that. Most halves could kill to have that left edge and this donkey is going to fuck it all up with his zero IQ football.
Yeah man, he has a dream Edge, if he can’t get consistent line breaks assists and try assists and tries (cos defence will slide off him then something is seriously wrong

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I thought he was poor in the trial, doesnt dig into the line and is still kicking without any plan or purpose. I am willing to see how he goes with Kiks, Curran, JAC, Kiraz and Critta around him, but if he doesnt come out of his coma and quickly we need to shift him to centre.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I thought he was poor in the trial, doesnt dig into the line and is still kicking without any plan or purpose. I am willing to see how he goes with Kiks, Curran, JAC, Kiraz and Critta around him, but if he doesnt come out of his coma and quickly we need to shift him to centre.
By the time Ciraldo puts his big boy pants on and makes the call we'll probably have our two centre positions settled with Crichton and Xerri.

Chrisaaar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If there is no improvements in the sharks trial and if Cameron has balls he should drop him to the bench and use him as a utility / 18th man for the start of the season. He needs a rocket up his ass.

M4cca

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
After rewatching the trial on youtube i still don't understand the narrative that he was poor. Apart from two kicks where he got the depth wrong, he created some good opportunities for taafe and xerri (who nearly got over the line), good kick chase which trapped pezet in goal, and nearly scored a try himself. The rest of our attacking shape went to the right.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
After rewatching the trial on youtube i still don't understand the narrative that he was poor. Apart from two kicks where he got the depth wrong, he created some good opportunities for taafe and xerri (who nearly got over the line), good kick chase which trapped pezet in goal, and nearly scored a try himself. The rest of our attacking shape went to the right.
He didn't create opportunities, he wasted opportunities. So many of those plays down the left should've resulted in points but he consistently killed the play. I don't know how some of you don't see this at all. Genuinely mad.

axeman23

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I don't rate Knight at all so I never paid attention to him, but does he suck that much all the time?
I watched Knight a lot at Souths, seeing as my brother's a big Souths fan. I'd compare him (not in a complimentary way) to our old mate Adam Elliot. Both have a bad habit of trying to turn the tide/break the game open with an off-load that's rarely, if ever, on. Then when the ball dribbles to the ground and is pounced on by the opposition, that's if it doesn't hit an opposition player on the chest, they both panic and think they IMMEDIATELY have to make up for the mistake by stopping the player with the ball, then either head-high the guy, or hold on too long, compounding the error with a penalty. Then depending on how much oxygen is making it to their brains at the time, they may or may not double down by jumping off the line early from the re-start... :sweatsmile:

It was all fun and games when he did it for Souths: Every time he ran onto the field, I could shout "LIAM'S ON!!!" to my brother. Slightly less fun now... :grimacing:

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I expect all goal kickers that are kicking conversions at their home ground to be at least a minimum of 95% strike rate.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He didn't create opportunities, he wasted opportunities. So many of those plays down the left should've resulted in points but he consistently killed the play. I don't know how some of you don't see this at all. Genuinely mad.
He jams up his outside men because he runs sideways instead of straightening up and digging into the line

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I disagree, he talks plenty on the field is a good defender, can pass both ways and has X factor. Could be a gun fullback.

He ain’t shit as a 5/8.
Doesn't make him a good fullback. Seen him play there enough times to know that.

M4cca

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We don't see it because it doesn't exist. These are all his touches in attacking territory outside those two kicks I mentioned. Bar the one that had xerri put over the sideline, I don't see one of these opportunities that he apparently wasted, nor do I find any of them poor by any stretch.
Touch 1
Touch 2
Touch 3
Touch 4
Touch 5
Touch 6
Touch 7

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
We don't see it because it doesn't exist. These are all his touches in attacking territory outside those two kicks I mentioned. Bar the one that had xerri put over the sideline, I don't see one of these opportunities that he apparently wasted, nor do I find any of them poor by any stretch.
Touch 1
Touch 2
Touch 3
Touch 4
Touch 5
Touch 6
Touch 7
Thank you for doing this, now I can pull apart every moment you highlighted.

capt obvious

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought his effort areas were good on Thursday night, i do think that too much pressure was put on him with the capt thing at such a young age.
Its not his fault people have been pumping up his tyres for the last couple of years, he has played behind a pretty average pack that has been dominated since his arrival
Ben hunt has not done any better with his pack.
And he is an elite half.
He has won a few games for us in the last couple of years.
When he plays behind a good pack then we will see how good he can be

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Thank you for doing this, now I can pull apart every moment you highlighted.
Na fuck this, my phone keeps shitting it when clicking these links. I'll do it on the computer later.