Opinion Is Burton disinterested?

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
There’s a chance the coaching crew may have asked him to go at 3/4 pace or something of that magnitude- we don’t know… he’s one of those players that isn’t intense so it’s hard to gauge him. I thought he did some good things and was ok without being spectacular (although this is becoming a trend with him) - let’s see how he goes when the Ferrari’s (Critta/Fox) are let out the garage…

If he’s not dominating or steering the guys around the way a 6 should, he needs to go to centre.

ricko_29

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will say this about the game yesterday, the majority of the time we went left there was no room and the ball didn't need to go to Burton and should've went straight to xerri or out the back to the fullback. A few times he got the ball yesterday and their wasn't much he could do, so I'll reserve judgement.

I do wish he'd put the foot down a bit more, still looks like he's playing at half speed when he's in ball playing mode.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Plus I'll ask again since it got ignored, since joining us, which area apart from goal kicking has he shown any improvement in?

Brains? Vision? Defence? Passing? Kicking?

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
He is a dud.

What area apart from goalkicking has he improved in over the last 2 years?
Burto was good in 22 n I'll admit I became a fan but I have no answers for u looks to have gone fkn backwards. Smh

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I honestly think his days are numbered. He just isn’t the guy people think he is or destined to be. I think we can win a comp without him. We have a lot of options coming through the ranks and if he doesn’t completely rip in this year and turn it around I don’t see him being around much longer.
I remember the massive jizzfest when we first signed him and he was playing in the centres at the Riff, and i couldn't quite understand the hype.

Burgler

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Half the players in the NRL have kids..... he's a professional. If that is the case then he needs to figure out how to do both like every other working parent on the planet. I just don't think he handles the pressure of being an NRL half. The dogs need to figure out how to use him properly quickly. He didn't kick much last night and Hutcho had a shit night with the boot, accuracy was fucked.
Nah I realise that mate. Just saying he’s form slump may not be caused from within the football walls. I still think he has the ability to be somewhat the player he’s been hyped up to be but I think he needs to be pushed which is concerning. If he can’t be more vocal/dominant as a player he probably will end up in the centres or at lock in the next few years

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He gives me the vibe that he is not interested in footy… What do you guys think?
I wouldn't say he's not interested but he has had two seasons with us and what has he really done in that two seasons, CC keeps selecting him is it because he's on top $$$ and how many chances are you entitled to before your form calls for you to be dropped, in my opinion I would think Burton better have a standout season, one trial game means nothing but surely he has something to prove this year.

battered sav

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
CC would know Burton very well from the Panthers. If he doesn't improve on last year in the opening rounds I believe CC could drop him for a spell in reserves. That would be a better option to get a reaction than shifting him to centre. I think the club wants to invest in him as a 6 it just depends on the best course of action to achieve that.
He would have to have an absolute shocker in the next trial not to be named in the 6 to start the year. Hopefully we'll see some improvement next week.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
The Burton pile on is hilarious. The guy had a good game. For those complaining about his kicking, every kick he took was from around or near the half way mark and bombing is obviously the tactic to give us a chance to close in on the winger/fullback and limit the kick return. His passing was slick and accurate, he ran the ball when the opportunity was there, his defense and effort were very good. I don't understand the hate.
Lmao. SLICK AND ACCURATE PASSING GAME LMAOOOOOOOOO :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Probably thinks he has a bigger kick than Wishnowsky and wants the opportunity to try NFL. Has looked very casual about his responsibilities to team mates and Bulldogs club for some time now unfortunately. Here's hoping he gets with the program asap.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Willing to put him down as a worse signing than T-Rex.

DFLWatto

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I really want Burto to excel but not seeing much improvement so far. He needs to simplify his game, run the ball hard, look for gaps and pass it to his centre and work on his on-field kicking game, all he has is his bombs, and it never achieves anything.

Matthew G

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
ive watched this again and genuine believe some people in here are on some sort of witch hunt against him, he didnt light the game up but he did take the line on and nearly break it a fair few times (held up over the line) our attack looked slick, yes we should have scored a few more first half if taafe would have made a few better decisions (i thought taafe was good by the way) but we dominated the game i thought. Burton also looked fit, last year after the full length would have been more gassed last year, looked much fitter this one. As i said im not saying he was elite but to make a post and rip into him after a trial in which he didnt even play badly is crazy. Especially when someone like knight knocked on 3 times in about 15 minutes, now that was a poor performance.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Burton is supposed to be our superstar, our X factor, that's why we're paying him marquee money. It was a trial match against the Storm reserves, he should've been amongst the best players on the park, zero excuses.

This season should be Burtons break out year.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Im hoping he just went through the motions to allow Hutch to control and to just get through injury free. I was surprised to see him run back out second half so clearly the coaching staff are not wrapping him up in cotton wool

He needs a big start to the season proper because we have new found depth in the halves especially with kids coming through

He wasn’t great in trial 1 but chill on the hate and give him at least the opening month of the season proper to see how his combination goes with Hutch and our what on paper is a lethal left edge

To be continued…..

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Im hoping he just went through the motions to allow Hutch to control and to just get through injury free. I was surprised to see him run back out second half so clearly the coaching staff are not wrapping him up in cotton wool

He needs a big start to the season proper because we have new found depth in the halves especially with kids coming through

He wasn’t great in trial 1 but chill on the hate and give him at least the opening month of the season proper to see how his combination goes with Hutch and our what on paper is a lethal left edge

To be continued…..
Na he's just not good enough, let's just move on and not waste another fucking season playing this stupid game with him. I know as soon as Burton has a good moment the Burton circle jerkers will be out in full force again while they ignore clear faults in his game. He is a net negative right now and the few good moments that will come aren't going to change that. Most halves could kill to have that left edge and this donkey is going to fuck it all up with his zero IQ football.

Last edited:

Matthew G

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Na he's just not good enough, let's just move on and not waste another fucking season playing this stupid game with him. I know as soon as Burton has a good moment the Burton circle jerkers will be out in full force again while they ignore clear faults in his game. He is a net negative right now and the few good moments that will come aren't going to change that. Most halves could kill to have that left edge and this donkey is going to fuck it all up with his zero IQ football.
The irony of this because when he does good stuff the people hating on him say nothing but when he doesnt even have that bad a game, the haters come out. Embarrassing for a fan