Opinion Is Burton disinterested?

Raff

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Would it be fair to say, in no particular order KO, O’Neill , Hutch and maybe even Salmon would be rank ahead of Burton at 6 on current form ?
Replace KO with sexton and I agree. Burton is such a poor halves player. I hate watching him. Move him to centre or another club. Even sexton ran better than him by far today.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Probably cop heat for it. But I would have gladly traded him to Panthers for Luai before Tigers deal if that was an option.

Hope Burton kicks on and succeeds, but I'm just not seeing it.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Probably cop heat for it. But I would have gladly traded him to Panthers for Luai before Tigers deal if that was an option.

How would you cop heat for that? Majority of the forum has a hate stiffy for Burton lol

I think he’s one of those players who will become very successful and make us regret letting him go if he ends up somewhere else.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

It's honestly mad. We're going to have Fox, Crichton and Kikau on the left edge who are all arguably the best strike players in the game in their positions...we literally don't even need a strong ball running 6 inside them, we need a ball player feeding them.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score

I‘d trade him for a good prop. Dragons can have him for Blake Lawrie. Raiders can have him for Emre Guler & Trey Mooney.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
It's honestly mad. We're going to have Fox, Crichton and Kikau on the left edge who are all arguably the best strike players in the game in their positions...we literally don't even need a strong ball running 6 inside them, we need a ball player feeding them.
Quite scary, were honestly just going to have to bait teams. By using Kikau over and over again just like Panthers did before they came good. Remember commentary always saying pass it to Kikau lol.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Is it confirmed that Crichton is playing left centre?

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I‘d trade him for a good prop. Dragons can have him for Blake Lawrie. Raiders can have him for Emre Guler & Trey Mooney.
Raiders extended Saulo yesterday too. Forward packs getting stacked at Canberra, something's gotta give soon.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
There was yet he still started at 5/8 and trained there all preseason with Hutcho and Sexton battling it out @ 7. Did we even run sessions with Sexton and Hutcho as the halves? I just don't get it.
What’s not to get? Like Thompson TPJ RFM and dare I say it Avo, they are given every opportunity to succeed and if they don’t they’re gone.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
What’s not to get? Like Thompson TPJ RFM and dare I say it Avo, they are given every opportunity to succeed and if they don’t they’re gone.
Don't group Averillo in with them :rage:

He was given a multi million dollar deal and made captain...this is far more than an "opportunity". I just think Gus and Ciraldo have made a wrong judgement and maybe let personal feelings get in the way of a football decision. It happens in every sport.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Don't group Averillo in with them :rage:

He was given a multi million dollar deal and made captain...this is far more than an "opportunity". I just think Gus and Ciraldo have made a wrong judgement and maybe let personal feelings get in the way of a football decision. It happens in every sport.
lol Marly you are a fine one to talk about people letting their feelings cloud their judgement. I think it’s already been proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that both Gus and CC will give players every chance they can to succeed and if they can’t get there or choose not to they move those players on. You call it special treatment or favouritism, I call it good management.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
lol Marly you are a fine one to talk about people letting their feelings cloud their judgement. I think it’s already been proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that both Gus and CC will give players every chance they can to succeed and if they can’t get there or choose not to they move those players on. You call it special treatment or favouritism, I call it good management.
Good management lmao, Na, I'm going to stop here. Good night.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I know he wasn't amazing but are we reading too much into his performance and he will bounce back ?
In the meantime here's some potential rumours TK could ignite
Is it his placid personality or is he disinterested ?
Are the rumours of moving him to the centres true ?
Was there an attempt to swap him with Luai ?
Did the Rorters find a way to fit him under their sombrero ?
Does he want to follow his mate Barrett ?
Last but not least, will he join that freeze frame game called Gridiron ?

He gives me the vibe that he is not interested in footy… What do you guys think?

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

I would gladly trade Burton for an ageing Cody Walker, give a competent 5/8th like Walker our left edge and he would carve up.

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Guys I have said it before and I will say it again.

He has his premiership with the panthers so career done. Same with Kikau and Crighton. They are focusing on buying property and life after football now.

Son Of Dogzilla

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The season hasn’t officially started one trial game in and the negativity is off the charts. Fuck it’s good to be back in the footy season on the kennel