Opinion Is Burton disinterested?

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
For a bloke that was playing for his future in the halves he was fucking ordinary. He got shown up badly by some kids tonight so did Mahoney. I don’t know how much longer they will give him but the clock is ticking.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
For a bloke that was playing for his future in the halves he was fucking ordinary. He got shown up badly by some kids tonight so did Mahoney. I don’t know how much longer they will give him but the clock is ticking.
If the pups don't light a fire under his arse I don't know what will. They smell his blood in the water.

PS I don't hate the bloke, just hate him in the halves. He doesn't help our team.

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If the pups don't light a fire under his arse I don't know what will. They smell his blood in the water.

PS I don't hate the bloke, just hate him in the halves. He doesn't help our team.
think we'll see Hutch and sexton as our halves at some point this season.

as much as I want to see our younger halves in 1st grade this year, it's probs best they stay in nsw cup for 1 more year

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Maybe he's not playing for his future, that's the problem. The bloke has got special treatment since the moment he joined us.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Are you guys fucking serious? It’s a trial and he actually didn’t put a foot wrong in the game. He’s one of our best players and I can’t believe the hate agenda the guy get
What did you love more, the 2 shitty 10m bombs that landed 20-30m out, the hospital pass to Xerri that got him taken over the side line, or the moronic "captains" challenge?

And it's not just this game, he just continued his shit form from 2023.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Two worst players on the field tonight were Burton and Knight.
Knight is a plodder who gets paid accordingly Burton does nothing to warrant his significant pay packet or the c against his name.
I don't rate Knight at all so I never paid attention to him, but does he suck that much all the time?

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Lacks quality communication / organisation skills. Couple that with his average playmaking / passing game, it makes him an overrated half.

He's a centre, but he won't get moved there.
Look at Sexton, digs into the line plays with great tempo and always gives great service to his outside men.
No way in hell does Toby deserve to be behind Burton.

Robbothedestroyer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would it be fair to say, in no particular order KO, O’Neill , Hutch and maybe even Salmon would rank ahead of Burton at 6 on current form ?

Last edited:

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Nah there was rumblings about him being moved to the centres all off season, if he needs to be moved he will be moved or moved on.
There was yet he still started at 5/8 and trained there all preseason with Hutcho and Sexton battling it out @ 7. Did we even run sessions with Sexton and Hutcho as the halves? I just don't get it.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I think we are both correct to an extent, they inflated him, we deflated him.

Hopefully with Critta next to him, better halves, better players, a chance of him losing the 6 jersey, might be kick in the head he badly needs.
Exactly. It really was a huge ask to find here and lead the team in his first assignment as a regular NRL half. It’s going to take him time to get used to playing with a 50 percent new spine.

It’s only a trial, ffs. I don’t think he was even as bad as some people are saying.,

It was this sort of hate that led to the creation of the Flanagun persona. TK should tread lightly, or they might get Dirty Burty.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Exactly. It really was a huge ask to find here and lead the team in his first assignment as a regular NRL half. It’s going to take him time to get used to playing with a 50 percent new spine.

It’s only a trial, ffs. I don’t think he was even as bad as some people are saying.,

It was this sort of hate that led to the creation of the Flanagun persona. TK should tread lightly, or they might get Dirty Burty.
He was worse than we're saying.