Is anyone else as annoyed with Lichaa?

Is Lichaa getting to dummy half enough, or is it all in my head?

• No, He doesn't get to dummy half enough

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Yes, it is all in your head

Votes: 8 88.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

El Mag-Nick

Waterboy
Reaction score
It has been a recurring issue I have noticed in his games last year and his early outings this year. The bloke just doesn't get to dummy half enough. Once or twice a set if we are lucky, sometimes not even once a set. It was really apparent in loss last night, with out knowing the numbers I'd be almost tempted to say Hopa touched the ball more that Lichaa from dummy half.

When he does get there he dishes up hospital balls or passes that are so close to forward it isn't funny (by which I mean they are forward, the refs just decide not to call them). Don't get me wrong he passes well as often as not, but the point is he isn't getting to dummy half often enough to tip the scales in the "good passes" favor.

Surely a first choice number 9 should be getting to the play the balls much more regularly than he is, it annoys me when forwards don't track back after an opposition kick and wait for the play to reach them, it is unacceptable for a number 9 to be doing the same.

Am I being too harsh? Is it just in my head? Or have others noticed this problem too?

For the record, I was filthy on Reynolds for blowing up at him so publicly, that wasn't the time or the place, but I understand the frustration, he is the dummy half, never seems to get there, and then dishes up that.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
answer to your question is ....*drum rolls*........ Des Hasbeen!

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
He has been poor since his return from injury...but his form in the trials and round 1 was great. Has throw far to many sloppy balls lately though. Des has broke him imo. Idk why he recruits players yet then decides to play them away from there strengths..

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It has been a recurring issue I have noticed in his games last year and his early outings this year. The bloke just doesn't get to dummy half enough. Once or twice a set if we are lucky, sometimes not even once a set. It was really apparent in loss last night, with out knowing the numbers I'd be almost tempted to say Hopa touched the ball more that Lichaa from dummy half.

When he does get there he dishes up hospital balls or passes that are so close to forward it isn't funny (by which I mean they are forward, the refs just decide not to call them). Don't get me wrong he passes well as often as not, but the point is he isn't getting to dummy half often enough to tip the scales in the "good passes" favor.

Surely a first choice number 9 should be getting to the play the balls much more regularly than he is, it annoys me when forwards don't track back after an opposition kick and wait for the play to reach them, it is unacceptable for a number 9 to be doing the same.

Am I being too harsh? Is it just in my head? Or have others noticed this problem too?

For the record, I was filthy on Reynolds for blowing up at him so publicly, that wasn't the time or the place, but I understand the frustration, he is the dummy half, never seems to get there, and then dishes up that.
You are correct. It is usually the hooker who plays in the dummy half position and his job is to receive the ball from that play the ball and continue his team's attack by passing the ball to a team-mate or by running himself. Nothing is traditional about our structure and play though. Probably too fatigued from the 50 odd tackles a game he has to make each and every week.His footy whilst at Cronulla in relation to the traditional role of a hooker was much better.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
there is no reason for a hooker to struggle through 80 minutes and a forward to be unused on the bench, its a non premium situation

if des doesnt want to use 2 interchanges to get lichaa back on then just do 1 straight swap at about the 60 minute mark, having a fresh hooker late in games is pretty beneficial

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He was a tryscoring attacking hooker in the lower grades and I remember searching for him on YouTube before he came over and he looked like a gun. I blame Des for turning him into a robot.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I don't think it's a problem with Lichaa.
I DO think it's a problem with him being instructed, but I don't think it's for the reasons people think.

Remember both Garvs and Lichaa started their first few games heavily defence orientated. This could be to settle them into first grade, or could be under the guise of defence wins games. Either way, after a few games they were unleashed to open up and start attacking, and points started to flow.

This continued for Garvey till Lichaa came back, and now Lichaa has regressed into "defence mode".

I don't think it's him being coached this time though, as Hasler knows his attacking credentials. If anything I think he's still got issues with injury, or injury concerns, and is being told to limit his running.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Lichaa made a mistake and people are asking for his head.
The kid just got back from injury give him time he will be better.

El Mag-Nick

Waterboy
Reaction score
Lichaa made a mistake and people are asking for his head.
The kid just got back from injury give him time he will be better.
I'm not calling for his head, I just want to see more of an effort on his part to get to dummy half more often.

El Mag-Nick

Waterboy
Reaction score
I think the injury took a toll on him hope he gets over it
I hope so, I noticed it last year too and put it down to his first proper season in first grade, hopefully it is an injury thing at this stage and as the year goes on it becomes less apparent.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
I hope so, I noticed it last year too and put it down to his first proper season in first grade, hopefully it is an injury thing at this stage and as the year goes on it becomes less apparent.
Yeah me to and if lichaa dosent work out we have Garvey lol

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

No I'm not annoyed , it was expected.

Gabs

Dumbfounded
Reaction score
He was a tryscoring attacking hooker in the lower grades and I remember searching for him on YouTube before he came over and he looked like a gun. I blame Des for turning him into a robot.
He was an attacking Hooker in NYC where they can't tackle. He didn't do a proper apprenticeship to earn a spot in first grade. Simply not as good as people made out when we signed him.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Yeah it's all Lichaa's fault we are shit, he is the only plodder in this premiership wining team.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He looks slower than a turtle performing a u turn clearly not 100%

Status
Not open for further replies.