Invincibility lies in defence.. possibility of victory is in the attack..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Defence is what this current Doggies are good at..the Blue and White Wall needs to stand strong on Sunday..which it certainly is capable of doing. I mean last night showed what a potent attacking side the Rabbitohs are..yet Canterbury kept them to 12 points for 72 minutes..don't believe the media hype it was because Souths were a bit down on form..they didn't play well because they were hustled and bustled into it by the Dogs tenacious defence..defence that can lay a platform for victory.

However on the flip side the boys from Belmore lack that spark in attack that see them not put on enough points, so if their defence is broken, they haven't got enough to be safe..like the game against the Rabbits. But then I remember how good that first try they scored in that game was..so they can attack!

Anyway I hope in tomorrow's game they give it to Storm..if they don't win..at least give there best shot.. And I mean yes the top 4 get a second chance but after this round everyone's in the same boat..sudden death.. GO YOU DOGGIES!!

jo_95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree we will do a lot better defending souths than almost all the other teams in the NRL. But I honestly just think it was that Manly's defense was beyond pathetic. We could have scored 24 points or something against them!

mearsey

panania raised
Reaction score
What we dont want to do is tackle the Storm like we did in the last round , running out of petrol just defending is also a concern . Dont think Melb will throw at us what Souffs did , but its our grand final -

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Invincibility lies in defence.. possibility of victory is in the attack..

Defence is what this current Doggies are good at..the Blue and White Wall needs to stand strong on Sunday..which it certainly is capable of doing.
This is so true and has been for years.

An example of just how true it is would be a game played by a club coached by the great Jack Gibson. I can't remember either of the clubs that played that day (maybe another ageing Kenneler can let us know) but Gibson's side was behind twenty something to nil at half time. In the shed his instructions were simple. He said: "Tighten the defence, don't let them score another point. If you do that we will score enough to beat them". And you know what? It happened.

Jack Gibson was a very tough front row forward in his time. Another instruction he gave the sides he coached was: "Don't give away any penalties, so don't play the way I did". And that one worked too.

Slick

Young Gun
Reaction score
We can't get a lead and keep it, we need to get a lead and extend it.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
We can't get a lead and keep it, we need to get a lead and extend it.
yep 100% as we all know 18 nil isn't enough (even though we slaked off last week). The boys will need to score 1 try in each 15-20mins. We will certainly need 2 before HT imo. Goal kicking could be crucial, smith or chambers will be kicking, if they are off and Hokko is on, we will gain a massive advantage. The play I'm worried most about is the Cronk chip kick to Waqa, Brown will get tested from every angle today.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Invincible defence..and some scintillating attack..assures.. VICTORY!

Status
Not open for further replies.