Official Internationals

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The article compares them to the Samoans who sing the song with pride, but that’s simply because the song represents them and their pride. The players should be snubbed because they don’t agree with the anthem, so they don’t sing it? Same day assuming they lost the referendum, assuming, since 80% of Indigenous players voted yes. It’s fair they didn’t sing it
The players are there to play, someone gets paid to sing the anthem

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don’t believe that the soldier was paid to sing the National Anthem.

Always a Bulldog
I didn't realise we had volunteer soldiers. I would have thought they all get paid to do the jobs they do

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I didn't realise we had volunteer soldiers. I would have thought they all get paid to do the jobs they do
She is paid to be a soldier, she is not paid to be a singer. It's a volunteer situation, you don't get paid extra to sing the National Anthem. Before you ask I have couple of friends who are soldier musicians and they volunteer to play at all types of occasions.

Always a Bulldog

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
She is paid to be a soldier, she is not paid to be a singer. It's a volunteer situation, you don't get paid extra to sing the National Anthem. Before you ask I have couple of friends who are soldier musicians and they volunteer to play at all types of occasions.

Always a Bulldog
I have a feeling, soldier musicians and people who sing for International sporting events may have different types of agreements

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I have a feeling, soldier musicians and people who sing for International sporting events may have different types of agreements
When they are in uniform they are paid as soldiers. If they play gigs out of uniform then they get paid as musicians. She was in uniform, hence paid as a soldier.

Always a Bulldog

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
When they are in uniform they are paid as soldiers. If they play gigs out of uniform then they get paid as musicians. She was in uniform, hence paid as a soldier.

Always a Bulldog
Anyway moving along, my origin point, was that the players are there to play and someone is there to sing the athem

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Anyway moving along, my origin point, was that the players are there to play and someone is there to sing the athem
My point was that the soldier wasn't paid to sing the National Anthem, she was paid comparative peanuts to be a soldier for her country, but she sang.

The players weren't paid to sing the National Anthem, they were paid a comparative plenty to play for their country, but some didn't sing.

A stark comparison.

Always a Bulldog

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
My point was that the soldier wasn't paid to sing the National Anthem, she was paid comparative peanuts to be a soldier for her country, but she sang.

The players weren't paid to sing the National Anthem, they were paid a comparative plenty to play for their country, but some didn't sing.

A stark comparison.

Always a Bulldog
Correct, the players were there to play. That's my point

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
Kitone K on runnon side for Fiji. Should get some good game time. Will be interesting to see how he goes. If he might be ready for FG.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Luke Thompson not in the English squad of 24 to play Tonga

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mesake Ravonu (Bulldogs)
Peni Tagituimua (Bulldogs)

Saw these 2 in the fijian squad list. Who are they?

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kitione kautoga is listed as starting 2nd row for fiji vs cook islands.
The game about to start.