In the Dog house: Concerns grow for Addo-Carr’s future after brawl

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The biggest problem with this whole thing is allowing and giving clearance for NRL players to play in what is essentially a park footy tournament.

I am all for celebrating and promoting indigenous sport. I am all for JAC and any other NRL players getting behind the tournament. Promoting it, being the faces of it. However in no way should they be risking injury in competitions like this.

There will always be the bush football player wanting to make a name for themselves against an NRL star. There is no winners in this stuff.

How do the club and indeed the NRL allow players to play in these tournaments amazes me.
I remember clubs like the west tigers would never let Robbie Farah represent Lebanon in World Cup qualifiers for that exact reason.

or
When lebanon played Malta last year mid season at belmore not one player who plays first grade played in the game even though most including Mitch Moses were in the stands supporting.

When it
Comes to
Aboriginals everyone seems to tip toe.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I doubt this will instigate his release from the club. And while he's not the first nor will he be the last NRL player to throw a punch, it's not great that it's copped the level of attention it has. He's got a big media presence and it's a one off thing at this stage. As long as it remains that way for a long while I wouldn't worry too much.

Reecek89

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Well if Gus is leaking shit to Weidler he can fuck off after the shit Weidler has done to this club in the past.
It’s a post season competition, let’s remember gus let and supported TPJ to fight last off season so he has no right to cry about the knockout and what happens there

Jebbundy

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Big jac fan, but he did throw a shitty punch in origin this yr, very late in as well, but of a dog shot.
but the club isn’t a fun place when ya loosing so he’s not in the best head space surely….

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Not fussed if we lose JAC. He’s been playing like he’s worth 200k at the back end of 2023
He hasn't seemed happy for ages. Long before this season.

Edit: Fixed spelling error.

Last edited:

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Jac was a top pickup at the time as he was and still is a huge name.

Would prefer to keep him but you need to lose a player in any position out of our team and I'd say winger is it.

Not sure who mentioned it, but Burton is the bigger problem imo and it'd be good for the club to lay down the law with him as he's been nowhere good enough

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
It's Danny Weidler though and he's currently Gus' mouthpiece. Anything he says that's Bulldog related only comes from one place.
Makes no sense. Let rep level player go over a punch? Not like hes getting in trouble all the time. Doesnt make enough sense to be true

Last edited:

The Faz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Tell them there is no insurance for any medical expenses incurred and they won't be paid for any missed NRL games as a result of injuries whilst playing 2nd tier bush etc games. End of.
Good in theory Wendy but the club and League would then be accused of being racist if they prevent indigenous boys competing in indigenous competitions. A real media cluster fuck.

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Won’t happen with Gus. People seem to keep forgetting about that.
Your takes are always horrible.
Weidler has been Gus mouth piece for 2 years there is very clearly something behind this.
Makes no sense. Let rep level go over a punch? Not like hes getting in trouble all the time. Doesnt make enough sense to be true
There's more to the story I heard they are trying to get other things in place for him. Odd these men need to be babied. Very high school

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Makes no sense. Let rep level go over a punch? Not like hes getting in trouble all the time. Doesnt make enough sense to be true
He has underperformed the entire time he has been here, plenty more to it than just that incident.

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mate I’m not referring to you…I’m referring to the media sensat
How does this comment at all relate to what I said?

I agree!

My comment has nothing whatsoever against JAC. I want him at the club. I think he has been treated harshly actually. As another poster said. He throws a punch and gets two weeks. Whilst another guy has white powder in a bag on socials and gets one week. Who has bought the game into disrepute more? Not JAC

My comment was a bigger picture question.

How can professional athletes be allowed to play in a park football tournament?

How have I sensationalised anything?

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mare I’m referring To the media sensationalising any incident involving the dogs….I agree with your comments

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Good in theory Wendy but the club and League would then be accused of being racist if they prevent indigenous boys competing in indigenous competitions. A real media cluster fuck.
Yes can see that. Not wanting to single out Koori games...but they could just attend or play after they retire as others suggest.

So the NRL will have to "officially" sanction these games as part of the RL calendar so that clubs can he compensated if their star player(s) are injured?