In the Dog house: Concerns grow for Addo-Carr’s future after brawl

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Josh Addo-Carr’s removal from the Australian team after his involvement in a brawl at last weekend’s Koori Knockout may not be the only issue for the star winger.

There are increasing concerns about his future at the Bulldogs.

There had been rumours Canterbury were preparing to move him on. They were incorrect at the time – but it could become an option. At $500,000 a season, Addo-Carr is well paid, particularly for a winger, but his profile is valuable for the Bulldogs – as long as he is behaving.
Addo-Carr is a fan favourite, but he is on the nose with some at Canterbury. There is a mixed view of him at every level of the club – from the board to the playing group. Some love him, but some expect more of him as a senior player.

There is no question he is still a valuable contributor on the field, and he was the player of the tournament at last year’s World Cup in the UK in the eyes of many. His ability is not in question.
It is fair to say the Bulldogs have gone above and beyond to accommodate his every need and want. His outside activities and promotions for his own sponsors are all factored in to his workload. He is easily the club’s highest profile player and that’s why officials are bitterly disappointed he was at the centre of the Koori Knockout incident. It damages every part of his image – one the Bulldogs have encouraged him to foster.

Addo-Carr has been talking privately about appealing his two-match ban for his role in the brawl and, if there are extenuating circumstances, he should.

Having seen grainy footage of Addo-Carr throwing a punch during the incident, it’s hard to argue with the decision of the ARL Commission. It is hard to understand why Addo-Carr was named for the Kangaroos on Tuesday, given the video of the incident was aired on Channel Nine News.

SMH weidler :fearful:

Malla

Reaction score
A few things the board have issues with. This is above Gus. The first being the Koori knockout incident which the club thought was a bit of a disrespect to the club. I’m not sure if he fronted up to the board or just Gus and coach but I was told the version of events he gave them was not all of what happened and then when the videos came out it appeared that Josh had lied, which club was obviously not happy about.
Something else the board aren’t happy with that has been festering all season is One of the major sponsors is Shoe Grab. Josh has a clothing brand that is exclusively sold at Shoe Grab. The ‘Let’s Trott’ clothing brand is co-owned by Josh, Tartak (his manager) and Jay (shoe grab owner). Bit of a conflict of interest there. Front office aren’t fans of this structure.
There will be more noise about this next year. Look for Addo to end up on a team like Souths or back to Storm maybe. As much as you hear Gus saying he wouldn’t let Josh go, we all have learnt never to believe anything Gus says publicly.

Last edited:

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
A few things the board have issues with. This is above Gus. The first being the Koori knockout incident which the club thought was a bit of a disrespect to the club. I’m not sure if he fronted up to the board or just Gus and coach but I was told the version of events he gave them was not all of what happened and then when the videos came out it appeared that Josh had lied, which club was obviously not happy about.
Something else the board aren’t happy with that has been festering all season is One of the major sponsors is Shoe Grab. Josh has a clothing brand that is exclusively sold at Shoe Grab. The ‘Let’s Trott’ clothing brand is co-owned by Josh, Tartak (his manager) and Jay (shoe grab owner). Bit of a conflict of interest there. Front office aren’t fans of this structure.
There will be more noise about this next year. Look for Addo to end up on a team like Souths or back to Storm maybe. As much as you hear Gus saying he wouldn’t let Josh go, we all have learnt never to believe anything Gus says publicly.
Yes I believe it 100%
no one believes my oil is good but I did say when we signed Josh, a clothing label was part of the deal. That’s what got him here over tigers.
That would be documented in my posts here two years ago
What you says marries and goes into detail with that.
And Burton either has or there are plans for a similar deal.
It can be argued we are cheating the cap a little.

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
Was thinking this was another trash article then saw it was from Wiedler who actually gets stuff from Gus.
Got lot of time for fox is an out and out star and came to us when no one else would. As far as I can tell he has done his best on and off the field for the club. Like everyone else I was a bit dissapointed with his form this year after a blistering World Cup where I thought he was the player of the tournament. However when you have no forwards there is only so much a winger can do. Maybe this is just posturing for November 1st.

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
Hope he stays I his contract finishes in 25 so only move would be for 26? Really don’t want to lose him Before that. If he was to go it would be for a Sydney club as Melbourne despite its wokeness has almost no indigenous population. Out of Syd teams doubt it would be to South’s. Despite the Apparent cultural appeal signing Wighton has fucked their cap and they have Munrow coming through. Wests and St George need better outside backs but why not stay if they are the only options. He could be the missing piece for Parra and could see him going there maybe. However hope not.

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Fuck me! I don’t get how to he NRL gives fox 2 weeks for a jab, but posting pisc on social media with white substance is only one week.
The club will be nuts if they let fox go.

gibbo2

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone know if he was still carrying an injury at the end of the year. He was way down on pace after his injury , so I am hoping he was playing through pain and that he hasn't lost his pace as it's his major weapon .

Malla

Reaction score
Does anyone know if he was still carrying an injury at the end of the year. He was way down on pace after his injury , so I am hoping he was playing through pain and that he hasn't lost his pace as it's his major weapon .
He looked fine in origin 3 so can’t use injury as an excuse for his form

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can’t see him being released. But that was always the concern with him coming back to Sydney. What type of people he would surround himself with.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Let's not get carried away with the media beat up. The player, Gus and the Board may be satisfactorily sorting out the apparent 'issues' @Malla has posted about. Might be fixed with just a case of Fox being reined in and being reminded about his responsibilities and reputation.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Sounds to me like they are all being put on notice, and rightly so. The fact this is a weidler article indicates it’s a warning shot from Gus and CC, JAC might want to knuckle down and have a big preseason or he might be kicking stones if his form doesn’t lift, Burton, and Mahoney would be in the same boat .