In the current climate, would you want to stay with the Bulldogs?

In the current climate, as a player official, would leave the Bulldogs?

• Yes, I would LEAVE the Bulldogs - Agreed with what Reynolds has done

• No, I would stay

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Clap clap!

You put forth a very compelling argument to back up your random claim there.

NRL To probe Greenberg over cover up claims;
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...tigator-to-quiz-greenberg-20130902-2t15d.html

Paul Kent has a big question mark over Greenberg
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...n/news-story/dd9855081bf98d076c259c25cb17e92c

Todd Greenberg in hot water over cover ups
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...r/news-story/0623324b4f87f761b2fe914e2bc87846

Greenberg is shifty, he was shifty for us, but shifty no less. its in his DNA.
Oh you want my argument? Here it is then.

Greenberg did what he did because IT WAS IN THE BEST INTEREST OF THE CLUB.

What would you have him do, completely admit that there was something going on?

You're smart Nasheed, you know what would've happened. The media would've jumped on that story like flies on shit, and then what would've happened to us? Sponsors drop us, hard time attracting good players, difficulty finding a more sponsors - stuff that would've cost the club MILLIONS. Do you really think that would've been smart?

Greenberg may have covered up someone's mess, but the world is viscous, and you must be equally as viscous if you want to survive in it.

Greenberg was a GREAT CEO for our club. Blind Freddy can see that Nasheed.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Oh you want my argument? Here it is then.

Greenberg did what he did because IT WAS IN THE BEST INTEREST OF THE CLUB.

What would you have him do, completely admit that there was something going on?

You're smart Nasheed, you know what would've happened. The media would've jumped on that story like flies on shit, and then what would've happened to us? Sponsors drop us, hard time attracting good players, difficulty finding a more sponsors - stuff that would've cost the club MILLIONS. Do you really think that would've been smart?

Greenberg may have covered up someone's mess, but the world is viscous, and you must be equally as viscous if you want to survive in it.

Greenberg was a GREAT CEO for our club. Blind Freddy can see that Nasheed.
Yes, yes and yes and I agree with everything you just said! Especially the part about me being smart. Thats real talk right there!

But, your original statement I pointed out was that he was very visible and transparent. I simply pointed out that he was the total opposite of that.

And Im glad because we needed to go 'us vs them' the way Hasler was doing with his criticised Manly players.

Thats why they came together.

Fruitty Pebbles

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh wow another thread with all the same stuff covered elsewhere.

Don't kid yourself, Reynolds left for money, nothing more, nothing less.
You make it sound as if that's a bad thing, wouldn't you when:

1. You only have maybe 5 or 6 years left in the game and want to earn as much as you can to set you and your family up.

2. Your halfback who has been shit for God knows how many years now, gets a substantial upgrade; when you know for the most part you've put it so much more effort into your game.

He has been passionate and loyal to the club but that does not mean he needs to be stupid and fuck himself over.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
You make it sound as if that's a bad thing, wouldn't you when:

1. You only have maybe 5 or 6 years left in the game and want to earn as much as you can to set you and your family up.

2. Your halfback who has been shit for God knows how many years now, gets a substantial upgrade; when you know for the most part you've put it so much more effort into your game.

He has been passionate and loyal to the club but that does not mean he needs to be stupid and fuck himself over.
I don't think he made out as if it's a bad thing, just stating a straightforward fact

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The only changes I would like to see is the sacking of Ray Dib and Castle. I'd love Greenburg back at the club but as Chairmen with another CEO taking over. Raelene Castle doesn't have a clue about football, even if she doesn't really influence alot of the footballing decisions she still has alot of jurisdiction within the club and her marketing has been way off.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I would leave the Bulldogs. Not 'cause of the current climate though. If someone offers me a crap load of money to play for another club I'd say, "I love this club and it has done so much for me, but I also like money"

Then I'd start throwing money in the air.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
People I know who have worked with the Dogs say Castle is a great operator. It's not Castle's role to ensure the team plays attractive footy. THE CEO should be focused on marketing, revenue and the financial viability of the club. She may play a role in player contracts but I'm not sure if Dib calls the shots there. IT's OK if people hate her for their own reason but the one sI know who have worked in Australia and Europe in Sports Management positions say she is great.

top-dog

bulldog 4 life
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Problem: we have had a lot more success on the field during Castles time here than we did under greenburg. Greenburg had to do more than Castle, the club was a basket case when he arrived.

Again i am not buying the anti castle bs every time we have a loss. Where is the praise castle thread for getting Foran in? Or are only things u dont like her fault and good things someone else's
spot on its not her fault its des and dib for letting it drag this long .

top-dog

bulldog 4 life
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
So I saw Josh Reynolds on Saturday at the shops (quite random, yes) and I spoke to him for probably about 30 seconds. Just said to him that we (the fans) know he did what was in his best interests, and even though he'll have a Tigers jersey on next year, he'll have the heart of a Bulldog underneath. Then... this got me thinking what if I was in the same situation.

I look at this team now, and I have no idea what the hell I'm looking at.

• For some reason, our CEO, while the only female in the CEO, has to be the most incompetent CEO not only that we've hired, but perhaps the most in the game. She has done NOTHING since coming on board 4 years ago. Todd Greenberg on the other hand worked non-stop to get the Bulldogs into shape
  • Our coach is a celebrated MANLY hero (one of our biggest rivals) and doesn't have the respect of the players or fans, and has also brought MANLY with him - that being trainers and even players (Foran, Hodkinson, Hoppa, She-Rex), and letting these players dictate their contracts (you all know who I'm talking about), something that Greenberg or Folkes would NOT have allowed, and while we're at it, a coach who does not know, understand or even fit in with our culture
  • Also, a coach who cannot adapt to the modern game and is too chicken shit to put players into positions where they belong, and avoid useless tactics that are being used and shown to be useless time after time after time
  • Again with the coach, a coach who has the club by the balls (again, Greenberg wouldn't allow this)
  • A generally toxic environment where the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is going, case in point, the Ralene Castle email to the RLPA that the Chairman, Ray Dib, vocally disagreed about. Shit like this should remain behind closed doors
  • Players who just don't seem care, and are plodding collecting big bags of cash
  • Paying overs to plodders on long-term deals
As much as I love the club, I have no idea who the hell they are right now, and if I was a Bulldogs player/official, I would turn up to training/work pissed off everyday, and I would NOT like to remember the club as that. Rather, I would leave immediately and hope the glory days of The Entertainers, Family Club and "Dogs of War" return.

As soon as Castle and Hasler are gone the better!
I would never turn my back at the club especially when they need supporting its alright to support them when they are flying high but when they are in need u suppose to support them even more .And yes des needs to fuck off with ray dib not castle .

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Well Hopoate has slightly lightened up on his beliefs to stay at the club, so that says something.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
If I was a player I'd go to the Roosters over Dogs, for career and lifestyle reasons.
Unless the dogs paying up $ then Id certainly consider them.

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The only changes I would like to see is the sacking of Ray Dib and Castle. I'd love Greenburg back at the club but as Chairmen with another CEO taking over. Raelene Castle doesn't have a clue about football, even if she doesn't really influence alot of the footballing decisions she still has alot of jurisdiction within the club and her marketing has been way off.
Example please?

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
People I know who have worked with the Dogs say Castle is a great operator. It's not Castle's role to ensure the team plays attractive footy. THE CEO should be focused on marketing, revenue and the financial viability of the club. She may play a role in player contracts but I'm not sure if Dib calls the shots there. IT's OK if people hate her for their own reason but the one sI know who have worked in Australia and Europe in Sports Management positions say she is great.
Careful there mate you will get accused of the most atrocious things by having any sort of positive view of Raelene. We wouldn't have appointed her in the first place if she wasn't good at her job. Appointing hacks and sycophants has never succeeded in modern business yet plenty here still think it does.

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't get why it's ok to play sideways now without Foran??

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Careful there mate you will get accused of the most atrocious things by having any sort of positive view of Raelene. We wouldn't have appointed her in the first place if she wasn't good at her job. Appointing hacks and sycophants has never succeeded in modern business yet plenty here still think it does.
But the key is her focus is on business. I think people roast her for things like the tickets for refugess, but that's her job. Community engagement and let's be honest the LGA of the Bulldogs has a large portion of migrant communities. It's smart for her to want to get tot hose people who may not know much about the game and get them to be Bulldogs fans now. People slam Castle but look at the mob running the Tigers. I have heard that their CEO Marina Goh didn't even know who Laurie Daley was when she met him for the first time.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
But the key is her focus is on business. I think people roast her for things like the tickets for refugess, but that's her job. Community engagement and let's be honest the LGA of the Bulldogs has a large portion of migrant communities. It's smart for her to want to get tot hose people who may not know much about the game and get them to be Bulldogs fans now. People slam Castle but look at the mob running the Tigers. I have heard that their CEO Marina Goh didn't even know who Laurie Daley was when she met him for the first time.
I worked at the executive level for many years and I've lost count of the number of times I had to front the media, government, commissions of inquiry and the like presenting or defending some policy or action that was at odds with my personal views. That's just called doing your job and if you have never done the truth is you can never understand it. Just because a senior official makes a formal statement doesn't mean they believe it. It means they are doing their job and that's what they are paid to do. Sadly in this day and age far too many people are way too quick to criticise just for the sake of their own 15 minutes.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
I worked at the executive level for many years and I've lost count of the number of times I had to front the media, government, commissions of inquiry and the like presenting or defending some policy or action that was at odds with my personal views. That's just called doing your job and if you have never done the truth is you can never understand it. Just because a senior official makes a formal statement doesn't mean they believe it. It means they are doing their job and that's what they are paid to do. Sadly in this day and age far too many people are way too quick to criticise just for the sake of their own 15 minutes.
Regardless, a lot of people take their job personally.

Here's an example, I know a certain Government department in Victoria (who I've dealt with) who have certain guidelines for their email signatures. Certain things must be put in them. One of them is the same sex marriage rainbow flag. A small version of it. If they told me to do that because I'm "representing the department" I'll tell them where to go - regardless of whether or not it costs me my job.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Regardless, a lot of people take their job personally.

Here's an example, I know a certain Government department in Victoria (who I've dealt with) who have certain guidelines for their email signatures. Certain things must be put in them. One of them is the same sex marriage rainbow flag. A small version of it. If they told me to do that because I'm "representing the department" I'll tell them where to go - regardless of whether or not it costs me my job.
Spoken like a true worker bee. Unfortunately when you have responsibility for hundreds and in my case thousands of people being pigheaded and risking everyones career and livelihood just because you don't like something isn't a professional approach. Just because personally you or I don't like something doesn't mean that in the broader scheme of things it isn't still the right thing to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.