In Phil Gould we trust

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1B894295-88A6-4C4E-AC6F-15D65FA64152.jpeg

Phil Gould takes over at Penrith in 2011. We need to be patient!

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agree, but I think we all had higher hopes for this year at the same time.
I agree, Ciraldo, wants them to play a certain game, we need time and players to get that, we have time we don’t have the calibre of players yet, but we as fans need to trust the process. There’s no point of blowing gaskets first game!

My Shawarma

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
wow so even Cleary after making the GF with the Warriors in 2011 went into that Penrith team in 2012 and struggled.

Gould must absolutely love what he does because he takes on some big jobs of turning clubs around.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Interesting how on Friday night Gus bagged the continual plays of forwards getting the ball in red zone. It should be the half he said.He said he sits down when a forward has the ball but stands up when the 7 is one off the dummy half.

That sure isn't how Bulldogs play the A game in red zone.

It's hard to say precisely what the hell goes wrong with the team but the sooner some aggression, go forward and determination comes into the team in KO and Skelton, the better.

The forwards? Who the heck knows. This year again they are too small and get dominated. Although he is small Topine needs to be there even if only for some enthusiasm and energy and 100% effort.

Last edited:

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Interesting how on Friday night Gus bagged the continual plays of forwards getting the ball in red zone. It should be the half he said.He said he sits down when a forward has the ball but stands up when the 7 is one off the dummy half.

That sure isn't how Bulldogs play the A game in red zone.

It's hard to say precisely what the hell goes wrong with the team but the sooner some aggression, and determination comes into the team in KO and Skelton, the better.

The forwards? Who the heck knows. This year again they are too small and get dominated. Although he is small Topine needs to be there even if only for some enthusiasm and energy and 100% effort.
Smart teams actually have game plays ready for the red zone.
Our half’s need to link and try to stretch the opposition’s defenders and creat overlaps which we never do.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think we just need to throw the ball around this lot cannot play structured
I agree, Ciraldo, wants them to play a certain game, we need time and players to get that, we have time we don’t have the calibre of players yet, but we as fans need to trust the process. There’s no point of blowing gaskets first game!

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think we just need to throw the ball around this lot cannot play structured
We will be able to play structured once the players understand how to do that, or we recruit the right type of players for that structure.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
In the meantime just throw the ball around
We will be able to play structured once the players understand how to do that, or we recruit the right type of players for that structure.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
This comment from Gould gives me hope, he knows we are fucked without an experienced 7
If we can't get the experienced George Williams this year (highly unlikely) and there's no one else, then one of the reserve halves must get a go. That is either Reynolds running the plays or improvement via the individual brilliance and off the cuff of KO. Skelton would bring aggression and tackle busting attacking creation over Avo as well.

Or we could just keep picking the same team.

liljohny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A lot comes down to the coach.

I hope im wrong and things change next week but yesterday looked and felt very Barrett like.

None of the enterprising style that Potter put in this team last year was on show.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Don't know why we didn't make a play for Hastings
I like Hastings, but watching the knights, we have the same issues they do, except their 6 Ponga knows how to pass the ball on the left edge.

You will notice in their game that the 6&7 rarely link and on play 4 and 5 in the opp 20m Lachie Miller did not get involved at all.