"I'm coming back with my mates and plenty of guns to fix you bastards up."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter Griffin

Love my ginga's
Reaction score
Sandow sprung by Souths
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/sandow-sprung-by-souths/story-e6freye0-1225992916738

THE South Sydney Rabbitohs have confirmed halfback Chris Sandow is the player we exposed in last week's column who threatened a Sydney publican when asked to leave for foul and abusive behaviour after a long session of drinking and gambling.

It turns out the incident occurred at the Pavilion Hotel on George St in August, when Sandow is alleged to have told the hotel manager and security staff: "I'm coming back with my mates and plenty of guns to fix you bastards up.":rofl::doh:

After denying knowledge of the story last week, Souths CEO Shane Richardson has now confirmed Sandow was heavily fined over the incident on August 20.

"When you first pointed it out to me, I thought it must have been something that had happened recently because this thing with Chris happened in August and we dealt with it at the time," Richardson said. "I won't say how much he was fined because that's between the player and the club, but I can assure you it was very heavy."

We're told Sandow had been drinking heavily and was angry after losing a considerable amount of money on poker machines.

It's understood the publican made the decision not to alert police and instead raised the issue with Souths.

Sandow confirmed an incident took place in a series of quotes he emailed us through Rabbitohs media man Jeremy Monaghan.

"The incident was several months ago and I acknowledge now, as I did then, that my behaviour and some of the things I said were unacceptable," he said.

"While I didn't say exactly what was suggested, those involved understand there was no malice behind what I did say, and I understand that being a Rabbitohs player carries with it certain responsibilities and I let the club and the NRL down ...

"I immediately moved to correct the situation with the hotel's staff and owner, as well as Shane Richardson, and took the punishment handed to me on the chin. I've learnt a valuable lesson and will represent myself and the club in a better manner now and in the future."

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
He's too small to handle the guns recoil.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
with Chris happened in August and we dealt with it at the time," Richardson said

All the time hahaha

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
souths seem to be the favored club now, if any other player from any other club with exception to news limited owned clubs, had done this it would have made the front page, and have the nrl wanting to fine the club involved.

Tazer

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
souths seem to be the favored club now, if any other player from any other club with exception to news limited owned clubs, had done this it would have made the front page, and have the nrl wanting to fine the club involved.
Souths are probably lucky the publican didn't call the police at the time (must be a souths supporter lol). I'm sure if the NRL had known about it they would have been fined like any other club. They were able to keep the whole thing in house without the media getting wind of it. In fact from what I hear, the only reason the media are aware of it now was because the story was posted recently on a certain renegade Rabbitohs website. Anyway its not the first time an NRL player has gotten drunk and made a goose of himself, and I'm damn sure it won't be the last.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
lol i like how he said "SOME of things i said were unnacceptable"

so which part was acceptable?, maybe the "im coming back with my mates" part meant the place was so good he would recommend his mates to come and drink with him next time

steve_mortimer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rip his contract up and let him rot.

I'm sick and tired of these spoilt brats getting away with this sort of rubbish. I'm over their sob stories, excuses and general poor attitude to the world around them. And this sort of rubbish will still happen untill the NRL start tearing up contracts and letting the Police take these muppets through the cleaners.

bert

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Shane Richardson is a compulsive liar and Sandow is just a insignificant, unimportant, mistake riddled smartarse

P

Paint.

FFS at people giving him **** just because they hate sandow. dont tell me that youve never said something stupid while youre drunk... so what? Get over it, he said 15 blank words while drunk and you all want him sacked?

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
^ That...

Honestly this happens every single time anyone goes out drinking....

The only reason people care is because its a NRL player

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
"I'm coming back with my mates and plenty of guns to fix you bastards up."

lol no it doesn't. wtf are you on about?
Heard about 50 variations of this from drunken retards on friday night alone.

You need to get out more

dullbogs

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
You heard about 50 variations of people threatening violence with firearms in one night.

ok.

BootS

Danned
Reaction score
Why am i not surprised

Sandow = Pure filth.

pillow

The Bloodline
Reaction score
I'm surprised sandow didn't shoulder charge the publican and then stand over him gloating....then not be seen again for the rest of the night

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
What he really meant was:

"I'm coming back (I shall return) with my mates (with some aboriginal friends of mine) and plenty of guns (who have larger bicep muscles than me) to fix you bastards up." (for the tab I left) and to optionally drink Coolabah on the front steps of your fine establishment).

PigBenis

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Haha he's got nothing on ben roberts.... "Court documents said Roberts flexed his muscles at police on the night of the incident and said: "Do you really want me to unleash these on you?"

Status
Not open for further replies.