If you had a choice...

Status
Not open for further replies.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Would you prefer losing the prelim final and not making it to the GF you will ultimately lose... Or winning the prelim final and losing the GF?

If my team were not going to win the GF I would prefer them not to make it... A GF loss would hurt more and always be looked upon as a missed opportunity

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I couldn;t give 2 ****s about the Grand Final and if we lost - we deserved to be there!

What burns me is we lost to Parra. All I wanted was for the boys to make it to the Grand Final, win or loss.

Sabre V

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I'd prefer to make the grand final.

top 2 finish > top 4 finish

Especially when it comes to corporate $$$ punching power.

P

Promiscuous

if somehow we knew we were going 2 lose the gf

id definitely much rather lose in the prelim, it wouldnt hurt as much as losing a grand final

rogueflare

popeye
Reaction score
i dont care where we lose, as long as it was a legit loss... not like how we lost on friday, by them cheating and injuring our players, getting all the refs calls and all that crap...

That hurts more than any lost grand final...

[DoGgIeS FaN]

jesusfreak.
Reaction score
definatly lose in the prelim final
would hurt too much losing the grand final

Game Breaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I'd rather be in the GF

the club and players can learn more from a GF loss than a prelim loss, so we'll be stronger in the future

M

mofo sixx

not to make the gf!

only 2 losses i remember are 1998 and 1994, they both sucked, 94 sucked the most,
cant remember anything from the 1980s

OTTO

Playing Pablo
Reaction score
The further you go the harder it is to take when you lose imo

will.i.am

Benchwarmer
Reaction score
It would be a prelim loss

Always painstaking to lose in a GF and unbearable to see the opposition hold aloft the trophy.

M

mofo sixx

It would be a prelim loss

Always painstaking to lose in a GF and unbearable to see the opposition hold aloft the trophy.
exactly, you see the players/fans after the gf loss, they are absolutely gutted, not so for a prelim loss

Abdul..

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I couldn;t give 2 ****s about the Grand Final and if we lost - we deserved to be there!

What burns me is we lost to Parra. All I wanted was for the boys to make it to the Grand Final, win or loss.
I'm with you brother. I cannot stand losing to Parra. All their bloody bandwagon supporters have been out in force of late. Have not seen so many Eels jumpers in years.

Give me a GF anyday. People remember the grandfinalist. In 3 years time, not many people will remember who played in the prelims.

QLDGirl

queensland rock
Reaction score
Last night sucked, but I think It'd suck more to see my team lose a GF. It hasnt happened yet luckily :D

M

mofo sixx

Last night sucked, but I think It'd suck more to see my team lose a GF. It hasnt happened yet luckily :D
^ i didn realise the broncs have won every gf they have made it to,

not a bad effort, even tho i hate them!

~stacie

Michael Ennis ♥
Reaction score
I'd rather lose in the Prelim. Losing a GF is like losing a prelim but 1000000 times worse because you were just that ONE step from it.

100% Warriors

THANKS HAZ!
Reaction score
Would you prefer losing the prelim final and not making it to the GF you will ultimately lose... Or winning the prelim final and losing the GF?

If my team were not going to win the GF I would prefer them not to make it... A GF loss would hurt more and always be looked upon as a missed opportunity
A GF loss, because its just sad seeing your team lose in a Grand Final, their reactions is the saddest bit about it tbh

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
100% lose in the prelim final. There is nothing worse than a GF loss!
The Eels will be experiencing this all again come Sunday

Almobro

Gunner
Reaction score
Rather make it to the Grand Final. It would make you more proud of you're team.

Status
Not open for further replies.