News 'I wouldn't have come here': Bulldogs coach Cameron Ciraldo forced to respond to uncomfortable Gould rumour

Hotdog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
This bugs me, sometimes perseverance is important so I thought I'd check this out because it's overused and doesn't sound right.

The quote is meant to be insanity not stupidity. Also it's a wrong definition, on top of that it's a made up quote usually mis attributed to Einstein, he's never been quoted saying that, it just sounds smart. It's made up.
The definition of insanity is excessive masturbation.

Harry Oz

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Rugby league 'journalism' is an oxymoron.
Anyone who aspires to be a real 'journalist' is not going to work in rugby league.
It's why most of them are ex-players or started became 'journalists' only because their old man lined up a cadetship in the sports section in the Daily Telegraph to stop them spending all day hanging around the Summer Hill TAB.
Seriously, who cares what Gould and Ciraldo had for breakfast or what they said to each other about team selections while they buttered each other's toast?
The only thing I want to know Gould and Ciraldo are talking about is how to make sure other clubs don't poach the young guys coming through.
Especially the halves.
(Because until a real half back is ready for first grade I wouldn't care if Clive Palmer is playing half back for the Bulldogs)

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This reminds me of the article / quote by Gus around Dessie having a go at the Titan players. Paraphrasing but it was like when addressing the players in the shed you need to think about what the players need to hear not necessarily what you want to say. I think CC's support of Hutchinson is what he needs. I suggest that CC will back Hutchison 100% in any quotes interviews or discussions until he has decided that he needs to make that change. Saying oh we are going to Give Drew another week to show why he should stay in the team, how will that help Hutchison?

Taafe had his best game for us against the Tohs last week, maybe Hutchison will have his best against the cocks. Hutchison seems to be able to create opportunities, but does not have the ability to exploit them. Maybe if we give him more options and maybe with Burto playing both sides that might happen, or Taafe with a little more confidence could pop up for a short pass of Hutchison to take advantage of those opportunities.

cyborg66

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
when the dogs finish bottom 3 of the ladder big chance Ciraldo will be sacked!!!

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Just watched CC's pre-match press conference, LMFAO at the idiots with rocks in their heads if they think Gus picks the team.
If Gus was picking the team then IBS dog would be captain 1000%

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Just watched CC's pre-match press conference, LMFAO at the idiots with rocks in their heads if they think Gus picks the team.
Where did you see it. I can only find a 1 minute clip.

EDIT: Never mind, found it.

DFLWatto

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
This is supposed the building year where results start to happen. Not looking good, so far.
Yea but I think with the lack of a proper half, getting any wins is going to be tough, yes we need middles but our attack is all over the shop because no one is organising it and you cant win games solely on defence.

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah... the way he responded wasn't defensive at all. almost like he found it funny. Reminds me of the infamous drones comment.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A definition of stupidity is to do the same thing over and over again, and expect a different result.
Make what you wish of what I just said
That’s actually “the definition of insanity”, but afaik it’s not a real definition, just something from popular culture. Notably said in the movie Snitch iirc.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I found it funny where he’s quoted if Gus is picking the team he’ll get him to have the tough convos with guys getting dropped. Please. You haven’t dropped anyone.
Knight, Wilson, Poasa… nah no one.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You gotta also listen to what he says, “we’re backing Hutchison right now” …. “Now” maybe I’m reading too much into it considering Ciro doesn’t seem like the type to have that kinda measured language
I also thought it was interesting that he said he was our halfback “right now”. He will drop him if he believes someone else will do a better job. I have no doubt about that, but like with Perham and others he gives them plenty of time to stake their claim, and tbh so he should. No coach should only give players a few games to prove they’re the right choice! If they chopped and changed every 2 months what sort of cohesion do people think that would build? Fuck all is the answer.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does he offer anything less than Burton at 6?

He talks more and can pass better.

It would push Burton to the centres finally
He does? Lol ok. Salmon has been average af. He played well in one trial and has been plod ever since.