I would bench JMK

Status
Not open for further replies.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I like the kid, he’s brave and puts his body on the line and fears nobody

His service from DH is quicker and cleaner than Lichaa

But.....it’s a massive ask to depend on an 11 game rookie (10 with us) to play in key positions and expect him to deliver.

That Prior try was due to fatigue (tackling the likes of Fifita, Gallen et al without a stint.

Before a ball was kicked he was on lunch money and fighting for a spot in the 17 and a full time gig, all of a sudden 3 games into the season he’s given the responsibility of playmaker at 6.

Now he’s asked to play in the middle

I would put him back on the bench especially with J Moz injured and let him play that super sub role covering 1-7 and 9.

I would put Brown at hooker whose a bigger body in defence and offers more in attack with his running game

He also has a decent kicking game long and short which gives us a less predictable 5th tackle option (JMK never kicked once today and Lichaa kicked almost by accident 4 times in 4 seasons!)

We need to be all out attack and I really think Brown at Hooker solves part of the problem with our spine

It also gives JMK a bit of a rest otherwise he’s going to be burnt out by round 16

Our right edge defensively needs to be addressed ASAP but that’s a whole new post lol

Bozzo

Kennel Established
Reaction score

But.....it’s a massive ask to depend on an 11 game rookie (10 with us) to play in key positions and expect him to deliver.

That Prior try was due to fatigue (tackling the likes of Fifita, Gallen et al without a stint.

Before a ball was kicked he was on lunch money and fighting for a spot in the 17 and a full time gig, all of a sudden 3 games into the season he’s given the responsibility of playmaker at 6.

I would put him back on the bench especially with J Moz injured and let him play that super sub role covering 1-7 and 9.

I would put Brown at hooker whose a bigger body in defence and offers more in attack with his running game

He also has a decent kicking game long and short which gives us a less predictable 5th tackle option (JMK never kicked once today and Lichaa kicked almost by accident 4 times in 4 seasons!)

We need to be all out attack and I really think Brown at Hooker solves part of the problem with our spine

It also gives JMK a bit of a rest otherwise he’s going to be burnt out by round 16

Our right edge defensively needs to be addressed ASAP but that’s a whole new post lol
put Holland on the wing.. could work

Dogzzz of War

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They ran at him all day.

He is young and needs a couple of years of training for his body to mature enough to handle the big boys running at him all day.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score

I'm with you, Uce.

Can't be any worse than what we have now.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
i like Mashall Kings defence and effort and want him at the club long term wether it be in first or reserves... but atm i would be alot happier with a Brown / Woolford rotation going forward

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I said it once and will say it again, he can become the most valuable utility player in the comp.

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
He does a solid job at dummy half but isn’t a 80 min player. Brown must be on the bench next week or starting. What was the point of having Fine on the bench. He came on with like 5 mins left.

MitchNewton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jmoz injury meant he had to play 80mins otherwise he would have come off again at about 60min mark

Status
Not open for further replies.