I never trust form from week 1 to 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ambrose

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
From a punting perspective I have a blanket rule to never trust form in the first four weeks. I start forming an opinion from week 6 onwards.
Imagine we won the tight ones against Roosters and Storm?. We weren't far off. Yet Matty Johns writes an article that makes us sound like the worst NRL team to jog onto a ground.
Reynolds and Mbye have been given a little more freedom this year. It was always going to take them a little while to get use to getting the ball more often. Hoppa going down messed with them a great deal and that has been greatly underestimated. We looked like we could actually attack with him in the team and the last thing our halves needed was to lose an option in attack.
This is not some positive post about how we are going ok. Our attack is a mess. We need to straighten up and stop going sideways. I understand the frustrations around our team and Des too.
If a couple of tight ones went our way and we didn't lose a key position player we probably wouldn't be reading the end of the world articles from "experts" in round 4.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
The score in the Roosters game really flattered us we got two tries off Rooster lost ball and just ran to the line. The attack hasn't really changed much at all we are still clueless when we have the ball and we don't have any type of kicking game.

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I know our attack is so susinqued and perfect. We are so meticulous. Charming charming

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
The score in the Roosters game really flattered us we got two tries off Rooster lost ball and just ran to the line. The attack hasn't really changed much at all we are still clueless when we have the ball and we don't have any type of kicking game.
But the roosters got hammered in defence and scored by kicking which is a 50/50 play .
Our attack was ok but our defence was good considering the roosters can only score by kicking.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
But the roosters got hammered in defence and scored by kicking which is a 50/50 play .
Our attack was ok but our defence was good considering the roosters can only score by kicking.
Look at our kicking game I'd kill for one our halves to put in pin point bombs it's not a 50/50 play. They would practise those kicks over and over again.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Look at our kicking game I'd kill for one our halves to put in pin point bombs it's not a 50/50 play. They would practise those kicks over and over again.
There so much that can go wrong with that play but I know what you mean .

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
From a punting perspective I have a blanket rule to never trust form in the first four weeks. I start forming an opinion from week 6 onwards.
Imagine we won the tight ones against Roosters and Storm?. We weren't far off. Yet Matty Johns writes an article that makes us sound like the worst NRL team to jog onto a ground.
Reynolds and Mbye have been given a little more freedom this year. It was always going to take them a little while to get use to getting the ball more often. Hoppa going down messed with them a great deal and that has been greatly underestimated. We looked like we could actually attack with him in the team and the last thing our halves needed was to lose an option in attack.
This is not some positive post about how we are going ok. Our attack is a mess. We need to straighten up and stop going sideways. I understand the frustrations around our team and Des too.
If a couple of tight ones went our way and we didn't lose a key position player we probably wouldn't be reading the end of the world articles from "experts" in round 4.
I've turned a $50 bonus bet into $800 these past two weeks, you're just a bad punter.

Ambrose

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I've turned a $50 bonus bet into $800 these past two weeks, you're just a bad punter.
I hit at over 75% over 4 years. I didn't say I don't punt before round 5. I just have a different philosophy. But go you!

Reaction score
I hit at over 75% over 4 years. I didn't say I don't punt before round 5. I just have a different philosophy. But go you!
i agree, the early rounds are just that.
but here's the sticking point for me, the players talked themselves up too much in the preseason by making needless claims that they were looking to get an early start and get in the top 4 from the get go.
nothing wrong with the objective, but why broadcast it to everyone, only adds more pressure and draws more criticism when things go off track. is it any wonder everyone in the media is getting in on the bag the bulldogs routine.
our performances are enough to attract the criticism, no need to add further layers of laughing stock by needless talk

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
there is plenty of time to improve but it might be climbing off the bottom of the ladder to 10th

Status
Not open for further replies.