I get excited every week

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kennel will go into a meltdown if we got touched up. These are the games we need to win if we want to have an outside chance of the 8 come end of the year.
I’m not convinced about us enough to ever be confident these days, but I am very glad it’s our home game at least. Newcastle grow a leg when they’re at home!

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
When Foxx scored his 3rd try and we hit the lead v Storm, i screamed at the top of my lungs at the tele. Been a long time since i did that.
Yeah watching that game did bring me a lot of joy, even if the result was disappointing. Ah well we got them down there last time and this season feels more about the big picture. We are definitely building towards being a finals team again.

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It’s because you know the teams going to give it a proper crack and if we loose it won’t be a question of effort. The kennels predictions in relation to amount of wins after 10 games was in the 2-3 bracket the sides surpassed almost everyone’s expectations. This games crucial though going into a bye 3-4 would be huge with the likes of tigers, Canberra and dragons all winnable.

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
When Foxx scored his 3rd try and we hit the lead v Storm, i screamed at the top of my lungs at the tele. Been a long time since i did that.
i lost my voice shouting at the tv with my kids but it was such a great time of the game when I thought we couldn’t get back on top. I’ll be at the game this week I hope I scream again of us winning because I don’t want to leave the stadium again with a loss

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
i lost my voice shouting at the tv with my kids but it was such a great time of the game when I thought we couldn’t get back on top. I’ll be at the game this week I hope I scream again of us winning because I don’t want to leave the stadium again with a loss
I reckon we'll get a big crowd this weekend, all positive vibes coming out of the club, parking will be a bitch

Club really needs to reward members (with free parking to a handful of games) who've been going for 10 years while we've been shit.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The feeling of the team getting back to being competitive each week is a good feeling, most fans who grew up in the 80s have enjoyed an entire lifetime of this feeling but prior to this year and the period thereafter Haslers parting gift we’ve been a shambles… we’re on the up and have a plethora of quality juniors coming through winning comps - when our NRL team makes the 8 again, we’re officially back!

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I reckon we'll get a big crowd this weekend, all positive vibes coming out of the club, parking will be a bitch

Club really needs to reward members (with free parking to a handful of games) who've been going for 10 years while we've been shit.
im lucky bro my brother in law works for secure parking free parking lol if it wasn’t for that I wouldn’t park there

alwaysthesun

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The buy in from the squad makes you excited to tune in.. even if we lose there's something to take away and you can see the progress.. in previous seasons it was the same old just hoping they'll turn up and make a good account of themselves.

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It’s been a long time since this club has produced quality viewing. Hope it’s not too early say, but we’re slowly coming back

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
At the end of the day we are still losing and the Souffs loss was farcical given the context of the two teams.

However, it is still a massive improvement on years of garbage on the field, disgraceful off field scandals and deadwood parading around in the jersey. Given enough time the good decision making will compound and lead to improvement across the club as a whole.

I still feel like we a years off of being able to really mix it with the best teams in the comp. It's difficult because no other clubs are standing still and some of them have as good if not better coaches and management teams. It will be interesting to see what happens, Souffs being this bad is a surprise, so as Ten Hag said "eras come to an end". We are seeing a change in the make up of the typical competition heavy weights and think Warriors are an indication of that change.

The difference is the current management isn't chasing instant success. Gus is playing the long game and honestly landing marquee recruits seems like a lot of good timing more than anything ie players wanting a change, fresh environment, family reasons, more responsibility, leadership roles, yes money as well, etc. Having your salary cap in order is vital in being able to compete for those key recruits. The key recruits have to express desire to want to be in Belmore! I am liking the fact Gus & Ciraldo are able to avoid mercenary signings who aren't in it for the right reasons.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I had dinner with some mates I haven’t caught up with in years, all footy heads (Wah and broncos supporters mostly) and one of them brought up the dogs and all of them said the same thing about us looking competitive and “will challenge for the 8”

I just said to them “man, it’s just good to watch my team compete every week again win or lose and not be an embarrassment “

that’s why I’m so looking forward to beating the Knights…that 66-0 still cuts deep …even the second game they embarrassed us

combined score was almost 100-6 ‍♂

H-dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m still excited from seeing CC name the best back 5 he can! And having a quality back 5

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah it’s been a long time coming and some really dark moments in the last few years , we get a chance to remedy one this weekend just sucks we have to wait until Sunday to watch it unfold. Feels good to be proud of the team again.

Bullfrog2

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
When I was a young kid in the 1980’s (last century) my father would always take me to belmore sports ground to watch the dogs. We would go at half time because they used to open the gates at halftime and it was free!
The dogs back then were very successful and they went hard every week!
Main point here is that my father would always tell me the team that followed us in the draw had an easy run. We would belt teams up and the team we played always suffered the week after and rarely won.
So far this year teams that have played us have lost the week after apart from the rooster who had trouble beating the knights! Check it out! (4 from 5).
Currently the roosters and Melbourne are 6-6 and I reckon rooster are a pretty good bet.
Regardless of results the dogs are firing!
I don’t care if we lose as long as we sustain the effort, I’m loving it!!!! More Penrith ball keep it coming!!!