News 'I can't understand the comments': Phil Gould counters Trent Robinson over Dominic Young send off furore

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Did anyone else notice when Young was sent off, Luke Keary barely reacted… as if it was a fair call? FFS Robbo if your captain can accept the call surely you can too you sook.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
While I love seeing Rooster and Robbo Tomato Head lose, he was pretty much right. I’m not sure about the NAS thing with him giving a push, but he said it was outlined in the offseason, so I guess they’ve tweaked the rule. I can’t see how the Manu interference was ignored though. We’ve already seen numerous penalties for way less “disrupting”. Smith put his hands in Manu’s back. That’s been a penalty for forever.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
While I love seeing Rooster and Robbo Tomato Head lose, he was pretty much right. I’m not sure about the NAS thing with him giving a push, but he said it was outlined in the offseason, so I guess they’ve tweaked the rule. I can’t see how the Manu interference was ignored though. We’ve already seen numerous penalties for way less “disrupting”. Smith put his hands in Manu’s back. That’s been a penalty for forever.
I get what you are saying mate but the storm were easily the better team. 6 line breaks to 1. The score flattered the rorters.

Teddy is up there these days with Gutho as the biggest whinger in the comp. You can see the refs have had enough by the way they talk to him.

Gus nailed it last year when he said they are an angry side. Can’t cop it when they are not leading the comp

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Old bee face needs to get familiar with the new nrl, not giving the rooters everything on a silver platter (whilst still fucking up everywhere else)

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He’s a coach under pressure. With loss of stars next year also, the pressure becomes more intense. This is likely last year for a couple to give it a really good shake. I feel he knows this also

Micko

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
… and surprise surprise, Robbo blames the ref again after their loss to the storm. He just can’t accept that his team is shit.
He has close to if not the best team on
paper. The problem is that he can’t coach very well and is only a good man manager. The chickens tactics this year have been terrible. Too much flair and not enough grunt. It suits the pricks.

liljohny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Roosters have been on the Ashley Decline ever since Fitzgibbon left.

Bulldog Brower

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
In The Roar today:

The biggest sook in the NRL coaching fraternity

When it comes to coaches ranting and complaining after a game your mind turns to the reputations of Ricky Stuart, or maybe Des Hasler. Jason Demetriou and Todd Payten can sook it up. Even Benji Marshall had a crack at the referees this week.

But there’s one coach who now stands above all as the game’s biggest whingers, and it’s Roosters honcho Trent Robinson. It’s a shame, too, because I really like Robinson. He’s sadly degenerated into a post-game referee bashing machine.

His effort after a close loss to Melbourne was embarrassing. Robinson teed off yet again on the bunker and referee Ashley Klein, but he must have forgotten a couple of calls that went his way, particularly a missed dropped ball in the lead up to the try which tied the game.

It’s one thing to whack refs and journos to cover for your team (like Ricky Stuart does) or go super, extra hard to plant seeds for future treatment (like Des Hasler does) but Robinson is disproportionately into the refs and bunker every week now. He’s better than this.

HD and Ink

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Let me say that Robbo has given us Chooks fans 3 Premierships and a double that hasn't been seen in 30 years. Reckon he's feeling some pressure atm.......maybe no more coffee and baclava with Uncle Nick, bad sign.

BUT

Robbo has become a real whinger lately, seriously Dally M front runner. Personally I'd like to see more effort in coaching like stupid handing errors, find a potential bomber in the side (like Burton style).........just do anything that focuses on game plans, attack and defense and stop the pity party.

FMS we lost, good comeback but we lost, get over it and focus on next week. With this mentality we're gonna get smashed by St Merge on Anzac Day.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Let me say that Robbo has given us Chooks fans 3 Premierships and a double that hasn't been seen in 30 years. Reckon he's feeling some pressure atm.......maybe no more coffee and baclava with Uncle Nick, bad sign.

BUT

Robbo has become a real whinger lately, seriously Dally M front runner. Personally I'd like to see more effort in coaching like stupid handing errors, find a potential bomber in the side (like Burton style).........just do anything that focuses on game plans, attack and defense and stop the pity party.

FMS we lost, good comeback but we lost, get over it and focus on next week. With this mentality we're gonna get smashed by St Merge on Anzac Day.
Robinson's first year as Chooks coach was 2013, Politis bought and paid for this team whilst staying within a Salary Cap of $5.15m (as if) ;
Mitch Aubusson
Boyd Cordner
Jake Friend
Aiden Guerra
Michael Jennings
Shaun Kenny-Dowall
Isaac Liu
James Maloney
Anthony Minichiello
Frank-Paul Nu'uausala
Luke O'Donnell
Mitchell Pearce
Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
Daniel Tupou
Jared Waerea-Hargreaves
Sonny Bill Williams

FMD what coach wouldn't win with that team and the players at his disposal every season since have been just as, if not more than, credentialed. Robinson's record will always be tainted by his multiple seasons of failure despite having the level of playing group that other clubs can only dream about.

Always a Bulldog

HD and Ink

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Robinson's first year as Chooks coach was 2013, Politis bought and paid for this team whilst staying within a Salary Cap of $5.15m (as if) ;
Mitch Aubusson
Boyd Cordner
Jake Friend
Aiden Guerra
Michael Jennings
Shaun Kenny-Dowall
Isaac Liu
James Maloney
Anthony Minichiello
Frank-Paul Nu'uausala
Luke O'Donnell
Mitchell Pearce
Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
Daniel Tupou
Jared Waerea-Hargreaves
Sonny Bill Williams

FMD what coach wouldn't win with that team and the players at his disposal every season
To an extent that's true but ODonnell was unwanted but bought for low dollars to add experience.
Cords, Friend and Mini all made their names at the Chooks.

But Robbo to me either don't have the shed, has been there too long or maybe the game has passed him.

But not many unemployed coaches with 3 premierships looking for work.

Always thought Flanno was a good replacement..he's lifted that Merge side.

Whatever...just stop whinging Robbo.

Lynchpin

Kennel Established
Reaction score
To an extent that's true but ODonnell was unwanted but bought for low dollars to add experience.
Cords, Friend and Mini all made their names at the Chooks.
Yeah, but of course.

They all play for less (because everyone luuuves the Rorters - true story), sign for peanuts (why do they always come in brown paper bags?), and yet somehow clear $Millions of cap sombrero space when they leave (ie punted for the next shiny, new thing they want).

It's magic! A Rorters tradition, conveniently camouflaged by a concerted propaganda narrative courtesy of a very "friendly" & compliant media relationship, and NRL Salary Cap Audit team that are laughably deaf, dumb, & blind to anything wrapped in tri-colour wrapping.

See that bridge over there. I can sell it to ya real cheap.

HD and Ink

Kennel Established
Reaction score
It's magic! A Rorters tradition,
So you reckon blokes haven't played for unders to stay at the Bronx, Drizzle or under Benny or Bellyache ?

Bronx for years had almost an Origin side.

Lomax was dealing with Parra to switch for way under. Luai is going to Tigs for huge $$$....that's how it goes.
Btw Manu turned down $1m a season to stay and not go to the warriors.

But hey there's fact and fiction.