News 'I can't understand the comments': Phil Gould counters Trent Robinson over Dominic Young send off furore

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
A bit off topic. So apparently we have given away the second most penalties. Does anyone know how many we received?

Dom was definitely a send off. The way he ran up with a swinging arm. He was always out to hurt Taaffe. Fair enough the impact was higher than intended. But he wasn’t just trying to make a tackle. Looked personal.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
A bit off topic. So apparently we have given away the second most penalties. Does anyone know how many we received?

Dom was definitely a send off. The way he ran up with a swinging arm. He was always out to hurt Taaffe. Fair enough the impact was higher than intended. But he wasn’t just trying to make a tackle. Looked personal.
Panthers most penalised also. I haven't sent the data, but I'd confidently say we'd have the most set restarts against.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Panthers most penalised also. I haven't sent the data, but I'd confidently say we'd have the most set restarts against.
I’d say panthers get more penalties than us too to “even” out the count. It’s probably not uncommon for us to lose the count 2-9.

chihuahua dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Robbo is feeling the pressure of having a team and bench full of internationals with no cap to speak of and underperforming year on year.
his days are numbered.
If he was coach in any other team he'd be copping the clickbait germ articles heavily, especially the last two seasons where they stank it up hard. He's such an unlikeable bee stung looking twat.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Robbo is a flop so biased really cant take anything he says clearly now after these comments

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
You expect coaches to back their players but at a certain point it’s best to not comment and make yourself look like the way he did.

I think plenty of people have lost respect for him after the comment because there was zero reason to back Young here.

Magic Burton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You expect coaches to back their players but at a certain point it’s best to not comment and make yourself look like the way he did.

I think plenty of people have lost respect for him after the comment because there was zero reason to back Young here.
Even Cooper Cronk said deserved a send off and he's on the Roosters payroll.

Robinson was a comedian in the post game press conference.

Worst thing that happened to the Dogs in this game was Young being sent off.

At least Sticky is authentic and he will zero in on his own team if he has too. The best of his post games was he spoke for a minute said he's fulfilled his contractual obligations and walked out. Another gem from Sticky was after the Sharks game when he said no players deserve praise.

Bellamy always loses his marbles in the coaches box yet you find in press conferences he's calm, collected and very measured. He speaks and analyses really well. He has a really good way of releasing his emotions so no one outside the Storm hears them.

Bennett works the opposite to Robinson in that less is more.

Marshall is really good to listen too in post game press conferences. He drilled Brent Read the other week. Then he opened up a tad the other night about his brothers performance.

The Roosters haven't handled the Leinu and Young incidents at all well. The media narrative on both occasions and the only 2 occasions didn't go their way. They lost all control of the Leinu incident. Politis and Robinson should have got Leinu off the field the interview by Read was an absolute disaster for the Roosters it cost Leinu any chance of winning this case. After the Young incident Robinson allowed his emotions to get the better of himself. All he did was provide lots of easy click bait for journos and pundits. He doesn't have the on off switch that Bellamy has. He doesn't believe the less is more theory of Bennett. Robinson is out to prove he's the smartest person in the game he's a long way from that.

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If Sutton was reffing that game he would have just given us a penalty.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Also noticed after this segment Braith keeps trying to bait Brothfield into making emotional comments about the Dogs. Love to see it lol
Anasta asked Buzz if he even acknowledged that the dogs are heading in the right direction and the drunk bitter **** couldn't even bring himself to say that

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So Robo seriously thinks it's fair for us to lose Taaffe for the whole game from an injury caused by Young that was on purpose / careless (not an accident) but Young should only miss 10 minutes. LOL

When the tables are turned he'll complain about the complete opposite as the victim and likely has before.

Fucking hypocrite c..t
He complained long and hard when Farrell broke Manus jaw.....

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
And to think that Jarome Luai received a fine for a similar incident. He too should have been sent off but Penrith get special treatment

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Lmao Roosters still going to celebrate Jennings 300 games. Soulless club

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Lmao Roosters still going to celebrate Jennings 300 games. Soulless club
It’s been a club of thugs for the last 15 years hasn’t it
The Chooks would get more respect if they saved the money they were going to spend on the celebration and paid it to his ex wife who has not received anything that the Judge ordered MJennings to pay.

Always a Bulldog