Hutchinson is a momentum killer

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I gave ciraldo the benefit of the doubt and backed his selections.
But even I have had enough of Hutchinson.
I'm not convinced Sexton is any better though.
I'm really hoping Hayward is the best option we have.
I do like what I have seen from him in lower grades and trials.
He doesn't set the world on fire but as long as he doesn't kill our attack I'd be happy to see him get bit more game time in the halves
Agree. Hayward is actually the safest bet

Sexton is still a better option than Hutcho though as he probably has at least one try assist in him per game whereas Hutcho has none. I'm a bit worried about Sexton in defence though

dhoo8450

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The amount of times this blokes runs it on the fourth is infuriating

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
The amount of times this blokes runs it on the fourth is infuriating
Never, ever seen a halfback take so many tackles with something on and it's not as if he is caught with the ball thru outstanding defence...it's a conscious decision to dummy, leave his outside backs stranded and take the tackle. Mind blowing.

jof

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hutchison is a worse version of Flanno. At least Flanno could tackle. Hutchison is now second in the comp for missed tackles after missing 7 last night.

Raff

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
He is by far our biggest problem and cost us yesterday's game. A good half back would of created more attacking opportunities and controlled the game. Defensively he is average at best.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
He is by far our biggest problem and cost us yesterday's game. A good half back would of created more attacking opportunities and controlled the game. Defensively he is average at best.
Funny thing is Ciro doesn't "seem" to require "creating" from him?

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nah he isn’t. If he wants someone like that, he should use Mann at 7, cause he can definitely play that role and more. Hutch is slow, has little vision and poor general kicking

Taafe is suspect under the high ball but I like how he chimes into the line. He could be our 7
Fair enough, but CC and the coaching staff obviously see things differently to you as well .... At least for the time being.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bring Sexton in and Presto can be his bodyguard. At least he gives us direction and doesn’t fall over like an old man just from running. He also has enough pace to beat defenders and has a great short kicking game.

Keep Hayward in the 14, at least while Mann is out and if Sexton doesn’t produce, bring Bailey on.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The catch and passer at 5/8 is killing us too. So is his wage

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
He's below average defensively.

Big_Kahunas

Waterboy
Reaction score
His defence is a myth on the tooth fairy level....
First fact - Hutchinson supporters on this forum make out he is some tackle bot like Trevor Gillmeister. Of which he does not pass the simple eye test. Flanagan was a better tackler than Hutchinson and those 3 years, we can all agree, did not work out that well for us - team selection is repeating the same mistake in 2024 and if we are expecting a different result than the previous 3 years it is the definition of insanity.

Second fact - The main role of the halfback is to facilitate and direct our attack and misdirect and exploit the weaknesses of the opposition defence of which Hutchinson has no skill in and not physically and mentally capable in. Even though Munster and Hughes had quiet games to their standards, all three of their tries were on Hutchinson's side. Bellamy clearly identified our weakness and went all in and they won.

Hutchinson has had no Line Break Assists or Try Assists. Our best in the Line breaks assists department have been Kikau with 6 Burton with 4 and Try Assists - it's a tie between Kikau and Taafe with 3 each.

Third fact - Hutchinson is a talker - So was Perham.

Enough said, case closed. Hutchinson is the Loch Ness Monster.

Last edited:

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
First fact - Hutchinson supporters on this forum make out he is some tackle bot like Trevor Gillmeister. Of which he does not pass the simple eye test. Flanagan was a better tackler than Hutchinson and those 3 years, we can all agree, did not work out that well for us - team selection is repeating the same mistake in 2024 and if we are expecting a different result than the previous 3 years it is the definition of insanity.

Second fact - The main role of the halfback is to facilitate and direct our attack and misdirect and exploit the weaknesses of the opposition defence of which Hutchinson has no skill in and not physically and mentally capable in. Even though Munster and Hughes had quiet games to their standards, all three of their tries were on Hutchinson's side. Bellamy clearly identified our weakness and went all in and they won.

Hutchinson has had no Line Break Assists or Try Assists. Our best in the Line breaks assists department have been Kikau with 6 Burton with 4 and Try Assists - it's a tie between Kikau and Taafe with 3 each.

Third fact - Hutchinson is a talker - So was Perham.

Enough said, case closed. Hutchinson is the Loch Ness Monster.
I just don't get Ciraldos obsession wirh Hutch...the guy is so pedestrian and cannot lead our team around the park