Hutchinson is a momentum killer

dogbone

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I don't see why. It's not like we look super organised in attack. I don't see what he is doing that Flanagan wasn't doing last year. Neither offers a thing in attack. He maybe takes the line on more but for mine he does it when he shouldn't. Tonight with the game on the line he collects the ball 10 out and we have a 4 on 3 to his left. Instead of passing he runs himself and gets tackled. And of course he gets tackled because he isn't a threat. He did the same against souths except it was a 5 on 3. He is absolutely screwing us over. I don't know why he continues to get picked other than CC not liking to make changes for changes sake. But he has had ample opportunity now and it is time for him to leave.

Same with Salmon. He is no better than Waddell. Doesn't offer anything from what I've seen.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
i would just like to know why he is picked over other options, is it just his organization?
Ciro is safety first with 7. But its clear as day his theory has been blown up by Hutch who is not able to deliver what is needed.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He butchers more plays on the 4th and kills momentum with selfish plays that go nowhere and lead to slow play the balls more than Tolman did. And that's saying something. It's even worse with Hutch because as a half that's inexcusable

Big_Kahunas

Waterboy
Reaction score
He butchers more plays on the 4th and kills momentum with selfish plays that go nowhere and lead to slow play the balls more than Tolman did. And that's saying something. It's even worse with Hutch because as a half that's inexcusable
Spot on. At least Tolman didn't miss tackles or throw hospital passes.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Think we're burying the lead here, Hayward is the guy to try in the 7. Solid D, quick enough, direct, straightens the attack.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Ciro is safety first with 7. But its clear as day his theory has been blown up by Hutch who is not able to deliver what is needed.
100% agree with this. CC probably picks Hutch primarily for his defense and to do the bare minimum in Halfback duties with creativity coming from other players but Hutch has failed in all duties. Time to pick Sexton.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Think we're burying the lead here, Hayward is the guy to try in the 7. Solid D, quick enough, direct, straightens the attack.
Hayward gotta be better than Hutch for sure.
But where do you play Taafe and Tracey?
And Ciro loves Hutch. How can Ciro fit them all in.

Doggies2035

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Guy was a waste and let in 2 try’s he needs to go asap bring in sexton, Karl O, Bailey biondi oddo, heck even try Mitchell woods

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Hayward gotta be better than Hutch for sure.
But where do you play Taafe and Tracey?
And Ciro loves Hutch. How can Ciro fit them all in.
Tracey at 1. Taaffe to force his way back in NSW Cup

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hayward was coached by my brother in law in his juniors. Thinks he’s the best halfback at the club but I just think he’s being biased lol. Told me we lost him to the roosters and then got him back

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
100% agree with this. CC probably picks Hutch primarily for his defense and to do the bare minimum in Halfback duties with creativity coming from other players but Hutch has failed in all duties. Time to pick Sexton.
I just cant see CC picking Sexton now.

He has to fit Taafe, Fox, Tracey, Xerri, Critta, Kiraz, Burton in somehow.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Ciro will probably not drop Taafe to Cup
It's a numbers game and numbers are brutal. He's not dropping Crichton, Burton, JAC or Kiraz. Xerri and Tracey have seized the opportunity and pushed inline, I don't see how he can drop them.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
It's Hutch out of all those players above who is the least effective contributor to the team's success and its him who should go to Cup.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
It's a numbers game and numbers are brutal. He's not dropping Crichton, Burton, JAC or Kiraz. Xerri and Tracey have seized the opportunity and pushed inline, I don't see how he can drop them.
He cant drop them. That means its between Hutch and Taafe for the 1 spot left at 7 bc CC cant drop Taafe to cup after last weeks game he had.

Jonboi

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Karl is out for whole year, sexton is meh, biondi-odo isn’t a half backs arsehole. Woods I think fuck it give the kid a crack.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
He cant drop them. That means its between Hutch and Taafe for the 1 spot left at 7 bc CC cant drop Taafe to cup after last weeks game he had.
More likely than not Hayward and Taaffe both get dropped back if we get some numbers back and Hutch retains. Just not sure why we aren't looking at Bailey as being a potential solution in the 7 if Hutch is costing us and Ciraldo doesn't trust Sexton.

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hutchison obviously has some warts but at least he straightens the play, often poking his nose through the line and gets quick play the balls ....

Very good defensively most of the time and kicks 0K in general play ....

He is a decent enough player until someone better comes along ....
Nah he isn’t. If he wants someone like that, he should use Mann at 7, cause he can definitely play that role and more. Hutch is slow, has little vision and poor general kicking

Taafe is suspect under the high ball but I like how he chimes into the line. He could be our 7

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Taafe didn't even play 30 mins last week. I'm happy he scored but let's not act like he played like how Many did last night.
Tracey is our best fullback option until Josh is ready for first grade.
Taafe is a rocks and diamonds player which can be a momentum killer with some of the errors he makes