Humble Pie Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pom_81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
FoxSports thought Shaun Lane went ok off the bench tonight. A solid 5/10. WH
I've never seen Kas play with that sort of sustained impact and energy... If that's what we're going to get from him this year I can't wait!
He ended last year in superb form - didn't he get MoM in three games in a row late last season?

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score

He ended last year in superb form - didn't he get MoM in three games in a row late last season?
Yes he did

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I'll wait till at least round 5 or 6 before I even think about warming up any pie in the microwave, lets wait for the dust to settle & see how we go week to week before we go shooting our load off about how great everyone is

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I said both Perret and Hoppa would be shit so I'll have to accept my faults. Still 25 rounds left to go back to my original thoughts on them though :p

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score

Yep... But he didn't run for 79 metres in a single half of footy in any of those games. He was noticeably fitter, visibly lighter and that can only mean good things for us.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I'll wait till at least round 5 or 6 before I even think about warming up any pie in the microwave, lets wait for the dust to settle & see how we go week to week before we go shooting our load off about how great everyone is
There were noticeable changes to our team and the way we played that people have been calling for for a long time. Happy is the logical way to be after a performance like that.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Our defence killed it tonight. Even getting marched onto our line, Manly struggled to break it.
That's what some people are overlooking about the second half I think. Manly were gifted continuous penalties and our d kept standing up....

Also Brookvale has more craters than the moon so if we did ease off a bit in the second half to minimise injury risk I'm all for it. Result wasn't in doubt by that point. Our d was never letting them back into that game.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
There were noticeable changes to our team and the way we played that people have been calling for for a long time. Happy is the logical way to be after a performance like that.
Don't get me wrong mate I'm bloody happy! I'm just not going to carry on like a South's supporter after winning the charity shield game and claim we're premiers after one game.......the thread is about eating humble pie, not weather we are happy with the win

I'll keep my head for a few rounds yet, watch with great interest, enjoy the good & curse the bad and then if we're still at a very good level I'll happily eat humble pie (I'll even video it if need be or go to ANZ or Belmore and eat it there lol).....but as they say one swallow doesn't make a summer, tonight was a good start the hard part will be continuing with it

Klemhammer

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
It's good reading other forum getting proved wrong

LG

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lets not get carried away it's been one bloody game. We were decent nothing special manly made us look better

its only 1 game, but if we played terrible people would be calling for dessie and several players head so why not go the opposite

i've always had faith in the hoppa decision and perret as a winger.

Trex is only player in the 17 that has consistently frustrated me, keep running hard and you can sway me for this season tony!

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
This thread needs more Marley. Gonna call him fat marley with the amount of it he has to eat. Kas, Reynolds, Eastwood all outstanding.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
This thread needs more Marley. Gonna call him fat marley with the amount of it he has to eat. Kas, Reynolds, Eastwood all outstanding.
Yh back it up consistently and i will. Kas was amazing off the bench and the other 2 had a solid start.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong mate I'm bloody happy! I'm just not going to carry on like a South's supporter after winning the charity shield game and claim we're premiers after one game.......the thread is about eating humble pie, not weather we are happy with the win

I'll keep my head for a few rounds yet, watch with great interest, enjoy the good & curse the bad and then if we're still at a very good level I'll happily eat humble pie (I'll even video it if need be or go to ANZ or Belmore and eat it there lol).....but as they say one swallow doesn't make a summer, tonight was a good start the hard part will be continuing with it
Haha yeah fair call mate.... All I'm saying is the changes we saw last night were very good signs and of we can maintain and build on that throughout the year I think it will be a good one, but it makes sense to keep a lid on things a bit. I'm not booking grand final tickets yet hehe was just very pleased with what I saw!

KimboSlice

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Whoa, round 1... We should probably leave this thread for a little...

We also need to admit that manly were horrible tonight, I think in part to us, but also their new combinations etc...

I'm quietly confident, based on that game alone, we're looking good... But, round 1 boys...

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Whoa, round 1... We should probably leave this thread for a little...

We also need to admit that manly were horrible tonight, I think in part to us, but also their new combinations etc...

I'm quietly confident, based on that game alone, we're looking good... But, round 1 boys...
Don't talk logic lol. Could easily come on here and brag about Moses after people were baggin him, but that would be stupid after 1 game when we were under no real pressure. Lets see how some players go 2 months into the comp, under pressure or chasing points.

KimboSlice

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Don't talk logic lol. Could easily come on here and brag about Moses after people were baggin him, but that would be stupid after 1 game when we were under no real pressure. Lets see how some players go 2 months into the comp, under pressure or chasing points.
Haha! I'm gonna hold off on rescinding any she-Rex comments until he does it week in, week out (ideally not during a contract renewal year...)

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Haha! I'm gonna hold off on rescinding any she-Rex comments until he does it week in, week out (ideally not during a contract renewal year...)
He was like a different player lol.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
lmao Marley is going to be one fat cat this year
Going too? Stupid comments on Eastwood straight of the bat and Kas was on a good run of man of matches last year and looks set for another good year. Can't wait to see him & Klemmer come on together!

If only BMoz was around to finish his feast of shit.

Slick

Young Gun
Reaction score
As much as I had loved it last night it's only one game, don't want to do a Parra where we just blow a team out round one and then suck after round four.

Status
Not open for further replies.