Status
Not open for further replies.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
But how good was it to see things we weren't doing in the last few years like chasing kicks properly, going left to right with speed (not hodkos plodding once it got to his side) and keeping up in general.

Was a good first hit out but we have a few more weeks to really blow out a few cobwebs with fitness and intensity of the game.
I was actually shocked and impressed.

Pom_81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Bulldogs barely put a foot wrong, but also did nothing that made you say "Wow". It was routine stuff, but that was comfortably good enough when DCE can't find touch from a penalty and two easy in-goal grubber cleanups get missed for simple tries.

too69u

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I won't say I told you so BUT I told you so [emoji12].They all trained the house down.We haven't seen anything yet.Des has a lot up his sleeve this year.5Th tackle kick options are all part of Des plan.Kick the ball to the corners and not give opponents open play attacking option.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
While we weren't perfect, I really can't fault any player.
Yeah, all showed effort and tried only player I wasn't too impressed with was Llyod Perrett as his runs were just lacking any power.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I won't say I told you so BUT I told you so [emoji12].They all trained the house down.We haven't seen anything yet.Des has a lot up his sleeve this year.5Th tackle kick options are all part of Des plan.Kick the ball to the corners and not give opponents open play attacking option.
Don't get us too excited this early bro haha, are we going to see more running and long range sorta things?

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
He doesn't count lol just a cream puff. Big for nothing.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
He doesn't count lol just a cream puff. Big for nothing.
Like every time he took a run it was like meh, even Elliot ran with more power. I hope if Lloyd is sticking around he starts to get stronger because he is falling behind our pack in terms of quality and what he can offer.

too69u

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Game plan was to HOLD THE BALL which they did.Of course once kasiano and co get there right arms free,We will see Hoppa chiming in a lot more [emoji6]

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I am telling you guys, this is not a typical Bulldog side we saw tonight.

This team showed urgnecy, quick play the ball, team is heaps fitter than yester years.... above all we saw Trex play like he used to back in the Manly days.

He must have finally read the comments about him posted on kennel. lol

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Game plan was to HOLD THE BALL which they did.Of course once kasiano and co get there right arms free,We will see Hoppa chiming in a lot more [emoji6]

you were correct again too69u about hoppa training the house down.

it showed up today.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
So have the basics been drilled into the boys so that the fancy stuff can come later? One other things to note was our defence aswell, defence wins games honestly.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
The Bulldogs barely put a foot wrong, but also did nothing that made you say "Wow". It was routine stuff, but that was comfortably good enough when DCE can't find touch from a penalty and two easy in-goal grubber cleanups get missed for simple tries.
Our forwards were so much more direct and fitter (probably across the board, but noticeably in a few cases), our halves and hooker were full of energy and looked focused, backs were all good, Hoppa was everywhere he needed to be (including to pounce for that opportunistic try)...

We dominated them and ground them into submission early IMO.

Of course Manly will get better with more games together and weren't good tonight, but we didn't allow them to be.

A lot of footy to be played, but I don't see what's not to be happy about judging from our first game of the season. I think other teams would have watched that performance and taken a bit of notice.

I've never seen Kas play with that sort of sustained impact and energy... If that's what we're going to get from him this year I can't wait!

Last edited:

too69u

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We kept storm to zero,manly got a lucky try so what's that tell you?We had them covered everywhere and they did have some ball in our 20.Garvey will replace Lichaa I'm assuming,Klemmer will replace Loyd (If Elliott pulls up good) and Danny fualalo will come onto the bench..

bulldogsfan_88

Left Right Out
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
its still early however im predicting that perrett is going to receive an apology too, for example 20 tries and mostly clean games for nobody to complain about
Haha I am willing to admit I was wrong on this particular Occassion but I still think Perret comes in off his wing way too often. Anyways apologies Rod you were correct

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
We kept storm to zero,manly got a lucky try so what's that tell you?We had them covered everywhere and they did have some ball in our 20.Garvey will replace Lichaa I'm assuming,Klemmer will replace Loyd (If Elliott pulls up good) and Danny fualalo will come onto the bench..
Yeah, their only try came from some lucky hands honestly.

Do you think Garvey is up for it if called in? I have heard some good things about him. I agree Klemmer will come in for Loyd but is Lane still a consideration?

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

geewiz i didnt even notice klemmer wasnt there tonight.. lol

too69u

Kennel Established
Reaction score
That's enough for tonight boys.Hope we continue this good start next week.Big game away again.If we pull off another win then expect 50k plus at our first home game against parra [emoji106]

Status
Not open for further replies.