Sigh!

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Because dean pay doesn’t know how to fucken coach I swear to god it’s like I’m talking to fkn zombies.
You reckon Pay told them to take it easy the last 10?

gazza

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am still in disbelief. Sitting on the rails at Belmore last night, I just could not believe it. Sack the defensive coach! Every time they stop moving up in defence, they get hammered. They moved up and put pressure on and even forced a turnover at one point. But then they get a bit tired and stop. In the last ten minutes they just stopped moving up in defence and started that stupid backwards in defence so called slide that Hasler had them playing. There was an interesting sign in the panthers reserve dressing room yesterday I spotted in the tv background. It said:
Learn to win
Without the Ball
That of course, is DEFENCE!!! Use defence as an attacking weapon.
Kick off with one minute to go and all they have to do is tackle for the set and the game is won. Raiders go straight across field and down the sideline. Then all the way across the field and score in the corner. Like, Hello? Move up and tackle!!!!! I am not interest in commentators saying tiredness. The team should be made to do a 20 mile run today.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
If Lichaa plays next game I'm not watching... the one thing you don't do is the one thing only a player like him could produce.. honestly what the actual fuck?!
Oh I don't know Brodie Croft did a pretty good job of it the other night as well.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I am still in disbelief. Sitting on the rails at Belmore last night, I just could not believe it. Sack the defensive coach! Every time they stop moving up in defence, they get hammered. They moved up and put pressure on and even forced a turnover at one point. But then they get a bit tired and stop. In the last ten minutes they just stopped moving up in defence and started that stupid backwards in defence so called slide that Hasler had them playing. There was an interesting sign in the panthers reserve dressing room yesterday I spotted in the tv background. It said:
Learn to win
Without the Ball
That of course, is DEFENCE!!! Use defence as an attacking weapon.
Kick off with one minute to go and all they have to do is tackle for the set and the game is won. Raiders go straight across field and down the sideline. Then all the way across the field and score in the corner. Like, Hello? Move up and tackle!!!!! I am not interest in commentators saying tiredness. The team should be made to do a 20 mile run today.
Mate, I was there too and you seem to overlook the fact we didn't have the ball for the final 7 or 8 sets of the game. That, plus the fact that Austin was doing what he does maybe once or twice a year while being fresh against us and we just couldn't hold on. There isn't a team in the comp that can score like that other than Canberra and with so many of our players in the first year of their careers in FG they ran out of gas.

I was disappointed that we lost, but not in the effort. They played some brilliant footy last night and are starting to build a platform we can work with in coming years.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Nah rub of the green or not if Brown was on we win that game.
Nonsense. Brown got the hook because he was doing nothing then 1 metre from the line he throws a no look forward pass instead of going out the back where we had the numbers. Lichaa went OK last night. He made lots of metres out of DH and his passing was generally OK. He gets bagged for a one on one strip as though it's never happened in the game before. Jesus, it happens every match. Then he gets slammed for the kick off being lost. What? the smallest bloke on the field is their on his own when everyone and their dog knew a short kick was coming and he had no support. that was poor captaincy right there, but no criticism of the captain only the poor bastard who is posted there on his on.

He may never be a Cameron Smith, but he had a dig last night and was most certainly not the reason why we got beat. I don't recall a single try being score against us up the middle. I do however recall a number coming down our right side.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Nonsense. Brown got the hook because he was doing nothing then 1 metre from the line he throws a no look forward pass instead of going out the back where we had the numbers. Lichaa went OK last night. He made lots of metres out of DH and his passing was generally OK. He gets bagged for a one on one strip as though it's never happened in the game before. Jesus, it happens every match. Then he gets slammed for the kick off being lost. What? the smallest bloke on the field is their on his own when everyone and their dog knew a short kick was coming and he had no support. that was poor captaincy right there, but no criticism of the captain only the poor bastard who is posted there on his on.

He may never be a Cameron Smith, but he had a dig last night and was most certainly not the reason why we got beat. I don't recall a single try being score against us up the middle. I do however recall a number coming down our right side.
Yeah agree with you.. but I think we need to stop it before it gets to the centre and wing dosent matter who u put out there there missing the tackles before it gets to them.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
And to think we let go of Cook

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah agree with you.. but I think we need to stop it before it gets to the centre and wing dosent matter who u put out there there missing the tackles before it gets to them.
And we did that for most of the night. The problem though is Canberra are one of the widest running teams in the comp. Even their props run wide on early shifts. Holland was no doubt injured. It may not have shown up on TV but I was watching him waving to the trainers for help just before Croker's try. His arm was just hanging there. I think our problem on both sides is more with the backrowers. Something isn't working there properly and it leaves our centres/wingers on their own. I don't watch and rewatch games - I find it boring once I know the result, but for those who do maybe the problem occurs when a gap is created when one of our backrowers gets caught at marker and we don't adjust properly. Just a guess but it just seems to me there is a structural weakness there that creates the problem beyond just simply not tackling.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
A good news story turned into what I would say is a new diabolical low for the club.

That was a game they just shouldn’t have lost.. any which way you look at it. Up by 14 with 5 on the clock... wow!!

Pay-Lichaa-Holland... Ooft!!

On a positive note, Rhys Martin has stamped himself as a permanent member of the run on squad. Remis Smith was strong. Lewis showed plenty of class. Ogden was a beast. Marshall King steadily improving. Elliott played hard.

Novocastrian

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wasn’t there two in the tackle when they stripped it off lichaa? I know hes a dud and should of held the ball with his life but looked like two in it.
Also the second last try looked held up. We stopped playing to a point but shitty calls didnt help.
In saying that our defence needs to stiffin right up, shouldnt of let them get near that many points. Saw eastwood jumper grab a few times and get run around.
Holland is a liability in defence too

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
We lost for a very complex reason. We suck... Actually, not that complex at all.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
And we did that for most of the night. The problem though is Canberra are one of the widest running teams in the comp. Even their props run wide on early shifts. Holland was no doubt injured. It may not have shown up on TV but I was watching him waving to the trainers for help just before Croker's try. His arm was just hanging there. I think our problem on both sides is more with the backrowers. Something isn't working there properly and it leaves our centres/wingers on their own. I don't watch and rewatch games - I find it boring once I know the result, but for those who do maybe the problem occurs when a gap is created when one of our backrowers gets caught at marker and we don't adjust properly. Just a guess but it just seems to me there is a structural weakness there that creates the problem beyond just simply not tackling.
Agree with 100% I don’t like watching replays especially when we lose. But it has to be stopped otherwise we need to score more points if his not going to fix it. Been happening all season

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
A good news story turned into what I would say is a new diabolical low for the club.

That was a game they just shouldn’t have lost.. any which way you look at it. Up by 14 with 5 on the clock... wow!!

Pay-Lichaa-Holland... Ooft!!

On a positive note, Rhys Martin has stamped himself as a permanent member of the run on squad. Remis Smith was strong. Lewis showed plenty of class. Ogden was a beast. Marshall King steadily improving. Elliott played hard.
Yes good post. Thought Remis Smith must have been told to stay on his number got caught out a couple of times. Opposite to what Montoya was doing leaving his opposite

Dogschat

Waterboy
Reaction score
Fuck that Liccha. Let them steal the ball one on one. That’s what started their steamroll
Sorry buddy
This is where you are wrong. The steam roll had already started before.
The dogs were up by 14 with a mere 6 minutes (yes 6 minutes) left to play. What started was the following stupid sequence of events
1 Failure to regather ball from kick off when short kick was always on the cards
Blame Lichaa
2 giving raiders 6 again with ball touched in flight
Blame Lichaa
3 Failure to defend try after that
Blame Lichaa
4 Failure to avoid the strip when it should have been anticipated
absolutely Lichaa
5 Dodgy call when momentum was discarded to give Raiders A penalty for second effort into touch
Blame Lichaa and the ref
6 Failure to defend a dodgy try ( ball never made it to the chalk)
Blame Lichaa and the ref
7 failure to keep raiders away on final set allowing Austin to march down field
Blame Lichaa
8 failure by the Morris boys to stop the winning try bad missed tackle
Blame Lichaa
and there you have it the new north sydney of the League, dogs unmatched ability to steal a loss from the jaws of victory.

Still proud to be a Bulldogs just wish the players could show same in their jumper. Just keep letting the fans down as if it is acceptable to lose under those conditions when really they owed so much to restore pride. I rather the Titans loss as saw it coming not like last night unacceptable.

Yes Lichaa is not the best thing since sliced bread (I get it) and unless he shows marked improvement should be moved on.
But as we are all entitled to an opinion mine is that Lichaa was one of 13 players who let us down last night and those who keep saying he single handed cost us the game are very delusional and have an unfortunate bias towards the bloke.
It has about time they wake up and smell the coffee and acknowledge that there are far bigger issues that cost us the game- least of all the standard referring bias against us that was again at play and a dumb coach he wants to always sugar coat everything as evidenced in the press conference.
This Lichaa bashing is woeful and out of control in my opinion and I am definitely no fan of his and think he should be moved on but please some perspective!

doggy bill

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Lichaa did top the tackle count, the strip is poor ball control but still unlucky. Nu brown throws a ridiculous no look forward under the posts, who knows what else he had up his sleeve. Im hoping Hollands shoulder injury is the reason for the poor defence or has he caught the Olive bug. Fortunately we wont be missing the 8 by 2 points, otherwise...

cyborg66

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
lewis cost us the game did not take control of the team when needed

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Last two tries scored on our left edge. And Austin steps on the inside of Jackson for the try before these. And yet all the blame goes to Lichaa and Holland lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.