How much improvement can Mbye find in his kicking game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ambrose

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I'm on the Montoya bangwagon. He looks ready made. But if Des does something very Un-Des and gives him a go it looks like Holland gets dropped. Enter: Moses Lotto Mbye. He needs to find a 20% improvement in his goal kicking and I'm not sure he can.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm on the Montoya bangwagon. He looks ready made. But if Des does something very Un-Des and gives him a go it looks like Holland gets dropped. Enter: Moses Lotto Mbye. He needs to find a 20% improvement in his goal kicking and I'm not sure he can.
Abbey and Moses should both practice an hour a day - The Wilkinson method, and Mbye kick on the right side of the field, Abbey on the left

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Moses needs to find 100% improvement in every aspect of his kicking game.

Ambrose

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Hahaha he is goal kicking at 60something% I believe... The good kickers are in the 80's. A difference like that must cost you a few games per season? What surprises me most is that out of 20 odd footballers Moses is our 2nd best.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
He was better vs warriors. 4/5 is fine. 80%. Your comment was more suitable for last round. Bit oddly timed. As for kicks in play im convinced Des dictates how that goes.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Hahaha he is goal kicking at 60something% I believe... The good kickers are in the 80's. A difference like that must cost you a few games per season? What surprises me most is that out of 20 odd footballers Moses is our 2nd best.
We don't have a good consistent goalkicker down any grade, besides Wakeham who seems good.

Ambrose

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
He was better vs warriors. 4/5 is fine. 80%. Your comment was more suitable for last round. Bit oddly timed. As for kicks in play im convinced Des dictates how that goes.
Career wise in the 60's. Looks every bit a 60% kicker too. I'm just wondering if he is capable of pushing high 70's over a season?

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Career wise in the 60's. Looks every bit a 60% kicker too. I'm just wondering if he is capable of pushing high 70's over a season?
Mate, he has all the potential to take it in into the high 80's if he just starts taking the conversions for try's scored under the posts only.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Holland's goal kicking is only marginally better the Mbye. His goalkickinh certainly isn't good enough to deserve selection on that alone.

Ambrose

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Mate, he has all the potential to take it in into the high 80's if he just starts taking the kicks from in front only.
Haha yeah I was thinking about this. Des needs to come up with a way of scoring under the posts only. Maybe encourage the players to take on the opposition once they cross the line. Cross-field in goal kicks and the like!

Dogzzz of War

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unfortunately it's a mental thing and I don't think Mbye has the mental edge to be a good consistent goal kicker.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Reynolds rolled a nice kick in goal to give us a repeat set which we scored from just before halftime

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Can't help but wonder where Mbye would be at had he not been stifled. I think the result has been about a 2-3 years step back in his development. Hell even the ex-playing commentators said the exact thing in the past few months. One of my bitches has always been the glaring omission in basic skill sets like passing, goalkicking and last tackle kicking options that have been so poor in our gameplan. Things that are not so much talent but are hard work and practice. Due to this being a common theme amongst our entire team since atleast the 2013 season the only conclusion is that it was deemed not important enough for the Coach to work on at training. When you consider the failed gameplan that appears to have now been conceded my conclusion is certainly correct. Take into consideration guys that this may be the first year since 2012 that these guys have been allowed to play footy. Certainly explains why we are so "clunky". We should improve as the year goes on providing that everyone involved is doing their best to catch up on the wasted years AND Des allows this "awakening" to continue.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Reynolds rolled a nice kick in goal to give us a repeat set which we scored from just before halftime
Reynolds is wayyyy better than mbye , scored a few field goals too .I don't know why he's not the goal kicker

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Abbey and Moses should both practice an hour a day - The Wilkinson method, and Mbye kick on the right side of the field, Abbey on the left
And we can have James Graham taking and spraying the ones in front.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Reynolds is wayyyy better than mbye , scored a few field goals too .I don't know why he's not the goal kicker
Reynolds has the most awkward kicking action in the league .. he tries hard but there is no fluency in any kick he attempts.. whereas Moses has beautiful kicking action in free play (not goal kicking). If Moses had josh's worth ethic and perseverance he be unstoppable..

timetopisshasleroff

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Just get kas in his ear at every attempt like late last year.
Field kicking is atrocious, reynolds couldnt kick a dead cow where he aimed.
Cant frawley kick?

Status
Not open for further replies.