How many wins will we have by round 10?

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You are speaking a lot of sense.

Throw in one of the weakest middle forward rotation and couple that with referee bias and getting the shit end of every 50/50 call and I don’t even know why we bother.

Is it even a rebuilding phase anymore if you’ve been uncompetitive for a decade?

Dunno what the f-#k we’re supposed to have been building?
End of the day we almost HAVE to pay some overs for these spine players and we continually haven't. Even last year Aiden Sezer was available (Tigers signed him). Are you telling me Sezer is not a 100 times better half than Hutchinson? Unless we pick up a genuine 7, we aren't going far. Then we look at the fullback, every good side has an A grade fullback, if people are riding their hopes on a kid in reserve grade I have news for you, everyone was saying the same about Olapau too.

Need to stop signing no14's, you don't need 6 of them my goodness.

Magic Burton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yet we still blame Des after 12 years when he was first given apparent permission to start dismantling the pathways system.

God the club has been so mismanaged over the years.
The juniors have always been strong and competitive. The difference is now we are buying more outside players turning top 4 finishes into premierships. Hasler just focused on the NRL side of things. The last Hasler signed player contract expired end of 2020 season. We had a war chest and blew it. The decline is far more complex than Hasler, Castle, Dib, Anderson's and Khoury. I won't go into it as people don't like long detailed analysis of things and I have to protect my mental health. I do have a lot of confidence in Druissi and Warburton.

We did blunder Hasler on 3 fronts. We had the chance after 2016 to say you've had 5 good years both the club and Hasler need a new direction. We had the chance in 2017 when his contract was expiring to organise an amicable end of season exit early on in the piece we blundered there. We re-signed Hasler for 2 years. The biggest blunder was sacking him before he even started his new contract. Once we signed him we had to back him.

I still say our problems aren't juniors, pathways or development. It's just an easy thing to use as 95% of eyes are on the NRL side and it's an easy thing to use pathways, rebuilds, we won junior games today to cover over the core of the business being winning NRL games. Our problems are we don't prepare players for the next jump up especially into the NRL. Our NRL coaching, NRL preparation and NRL development are the main core issues. We have also blundered our recruitment. Barrett, Anderson and Khoury had a war chest to work with and dropped it. Khoury was responsible for the Allan and Flanagan signings. When they signed Allan was current origin fullback for QLD (by default) and Flanagan scored over 190 points for the season.

We boasted before round 1 that our 2021 roster had been completely dismantled even though a small fact of players used in 2021 were re-signed in 2022 or 2023 and one player Patolo is still here & re-signed. We've had cap space since end of 2020 season. We blew up the 2021 side. We still don't know what our spine is going to look like as the season goes on.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think if we can pull an effort win out of our arse this week against the sharts, I think we could be on 8 or even 10 points with wins against Titans, Tigers and possibly the knights. If we get flogged on Friday we could end up on 4 points..
Plenty of effort but no win..If we don’t beat the Titans at home…

Magic Burton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hate to burst your bubble but Souths and the Titans have two of the strongest forward packs in the comp and they’re gonna run right through us.

We’re basically just signing Souths shit players they don’t want (Taffe, Knight, Fifita) so how you think we’re gonna beat them?

Prepare to be disappointed
Souths have internal issues galore. We don't. Whilst both coaches don't have control or authority at least with us it's not a lazy player that runs the show.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
The juniors have always been strong and competitive. The difference is now we are buying more outside players turning top 4 finishes into premierships. Hasler just focused on the NRL side of things. The last Hasler signed player contract expired end of 2020 season. We had a war chest and blew it. The decline is far more complex than Hasler, Castle, Dib, Anderson's and Khoury. I won't go into it as people don't like long detailed analysis of things and I have to protect my mental health. I do have a lot of confidence in Druissi and Warburton.

We did blunder Hasler on 3 fronts. We had the chance after 2016 to say you've had 5 good years both the club and Hasler need a new direction. We had the chance in 2017 when his contract was expiring to organise an amicable end of season exit early on in the piece we blundered there. We re-signed Hasler for 2 years. The biggest blunder was sacking him before he even started his new contract. Once we signed him we had to back him.

I still say our problems aren't juniors, pathways or development. It's just an easy thing to use as 95% of eyes are on the NRL side and it's an easy thing to use pathways, rebuilds, we won junior games today to cover over the core of the business being winning NRL games. Our problems are we don't prepare players for the next jump up especially into the NRL. Our NRL coaching, NRL preparation and NRL development are the main core issues. We have also blundered our recruitment. Barrett, Anderson and Khoury had a war chest to work with and dropped it. Khoury was responsible for the Allan and Flanagan signings. When they signed Allan was current origin fullback for QLD (by default) and Flanagan scored over 190 points for the season.

We boasted before round 1 that our 2021 roster had been completely dismantled even though a small fact of players used in 2021 were re-signed in 2022 or 2023 and one player Patolo is still here & re-signed. We've had cap space since end of 2020 season. We blew up the 2021 side. We still don't know what our spine is going to look like as the season goes on.
Not sure on the exact precise details you've stated here but it's indeniable that successive Admin have dudded the club and made very unsound and questionable decisions in every aspect of running a football club and ruined firstgrade.

BULLDOGGSFAN

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Souths have internal issues galore. We don't. Whilst both coaches don't have control or authority at least with us it's not a lazy player that runs the show.
Yep I get your point and I hope you’re right but realistically Souths have a top 5 roster and we have a bottom 5 roster (spine/pack etc).
So aside from some magical coaching wizardry we are screwed. I hate losing to Souths too. Latrell is a smug mother f…

Magic Burton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure on the exact precise details you've stated here but it's indeniable that successive Admin have dudded the club and made very unsound and questionable decisions in every aspect of running a football club and ruined firstgrade.
It's been a continual process since 2002 and still happening today with very questionable NRL recruitments and retentions. Many of our recruits and re-signings haven't seen out their contracts being shopped off or attempted to be shopped off.

Magic Burton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep I get your point and I hope you’re right but realistically Souths have a top 5 roster and we have a bottom 5 roster (spine/pack etc).
So aside from some magical coaching wizardry we are screwed. I hate losing to Souths too. Latrell is a smug mother f…
Mitchell runs the show at Souths. He's the laziest player in the game. I see they're about to throw their halfback off the bus. Souths lose against us and Demetriou is sacked. Mitchell should just become captain-coach.

BULLDOGGSFAN

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Mitchell runs the show at Souths. He's the laziest player in the game. I see they're about to throw their halfback off the bus. Souths lose against us and Demetriou is sacked. Mitchell should just become captain-coach.
Haha that sounds right. Let’s hope we beat them then

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't worry lock the porky tubby bloke in for a MOTM performance against us, nothing he likes more than downhill skiing against a woeful bottom 4 side

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
8 lol

This season already turning me into a mess. Im already at the "whos out for them to make it easier for us'" stage. Ffs win fark ya's

Matthew G

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
After watching us play like that, how is everyone still so negative?? we got dudded by some ref calls, hynes even said at the end, the dogs are looking a real strong side this year. Listen I dont know how many we win but play as we did today and we ll have a good crack at them all
We are by no means the finished article but for people laughing at me saying this, I stand by it, we ve improved each week, hopefully same again next. First time ive seen us have a proper performance today in a long while, offensively and defensively.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We are by no means the finished article but for people laughing at me saying this, I stand by it, we ve improved each week, hopefully same again next. First time ive seen us have a proper performance today in a long while, offensively and defensively.
whats changed? 2-4 wins as everyone said

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
you are deffo a dogs hater
What’s changed? We lost the first two against top 8. We beat titans. We’ve got top 8 teams coming up. 2-4 wins. Answer the question, what’s changed? Jesus