How many of our players would make the Broncos side ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Bmoz
Klemmer
Jackson
Graham
Jmoz

Faulalo Tualau and RFM would get a serious shot under Bennett and not just 5min spells

As for salary cap and 3rd party deals, we have massive ability for 3rd party deals but under this regime and the way we are playing, it has fucked our ability to attract sponsors like we used to.
No way with Jmoz, Bennett didnt want him 10 years ago.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
No chance Graham makes their line up, Broncos generally make 10 meters a run
Graham would walk into the broncos lineup. Some of you talk out of your arses. Our pack is better than Brisbane's ....which is why we often have the wood over them despite our shonky backline :P

Having said that, from our backline, JR > Hunt or Nikorima (I'd personally take him over MILF too tbh) and Montoya over any winger Brisbane has. All day every day. Our roster is aging in some positions and deficient in others, but not as bad as some make out overall.....and the Broncos roster isn't as good as some on here are making it out to be either.

Some of you are going to get a rude shock when some of our supposedly shit players leave and start performing under better coaches.

But honestly, if we're starting a why aren't we more like them thread, why use the shonkos? :P

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Graham would walk into the broncos lineup. Some of you talk out of your arses. Our pack is better than Brisbane's ....which is why we often have the wood over them despite our shonky backline :P

Having said that, from our backline, JR > Hunt or Nikorima (I'd personally take him over MILF too tbh) and Montoya over any winger Brisbane has. All day every day. Our roster is aging in some positions and deficient in others, but not as bad as some make out overall.....and the Broncos roster isn't as good as some on here are making it out to be either.

Some of you are going to get a rude shock when some of our supposedly shit players leave and start performing under better coaches.

But honestly, if we're starting a why aren't we more like them thread, why use the shonkos? :P
Graham is shadow of his former self, we have two high quality forwards in klemmer and jackson and that is it. Our forward pack is designed for another era of football, the way the game is played has changed, bennett has clearly seen this and adjusted his pack to suit, exactly like the other top 4 teams have. Our pack is like a V8 from a bygone era that easily gets outperformed by smaller more fuel efficient turbo charged engines.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Graham is shadow of his former self, we have two high quality forwards in klemmer and jackson and that is it. Our forward pack is designed for another era of football, the way the game is played has changed, bennett has clearly seen this and adjusted his pack to suit, exactly like the other top 4 teams have. Our pack is like a V8 from a bygone era that easily gets outperformed by smaller more fuel efficient turbo charged engines.
I can't agree....9/10 times we play the Broncos we hand their forwards arses to them on a platter.....as we did earlier this year in that game everyone got over excited about. Graham would WALK into the Broncos side.....not that Bennett would ever sign him on the type of money he is on. Our pack is better than Brisbane's and their roster is seriously underrated. Luckily for them, their coach knows what he is doing. I've seen girl scout door knocking groups that are more intimidating than Brisbane's forward pack.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll just put this up for ya.
Per Game
Graham - Hit ups - 14.86 Metres - 124 Tackles 33.86
Sims 9.69 - 82.56 - 20.19
Blair 10.88 - 91.24 - 24.41

I know who'd id rather have. Add the Penalties conceded, its a landslide
Compare the offloads Blair v Graham and you'll find out which team benefits more and will answer why they score more points. Sometimes stats can be deceiving. Quality over quantity will always win.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Compare the offloads Blair v Graham and you'll find out which team benefits more and will answer why they score more points. Sometimes stats can be deceiving. Quality over quantity will always win.
You'd be better served composting graham's stats to blair's at the point where Blair was playing under shirty structures at the Tigers. Just as Graham is now. If you make that comparison you'll see Graham is clearly the better player who offers better value for money.

People rating Blair over Graham is an absolute absurdity IMO.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score

OITENTA-E-NOVE

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You'd be better served composting graham's stats to blair's at the point where Blair was playing under shirty structures at the Tigers. Just as Graham is now. If you make that comparison you'll see Graham is clearly the better player who offers better value for money.

in that case why not compare them at there best and in that case i think blair would get the nod although it would be at different position

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

I am basing my opinion on the past two years. In today's game you get more value out of an off-loader than a mtrs gainer. Go back to 2014 and Graham was a ball player and mtrs gainer, the all round prop. On some occasions during this year's tests for England he showed he's still got it. Let's put it down to the coaches. They either make you or break you and the past couple years Des has broken Graham we can all see it, as apposed to Blair (as dirty player he is) is better value because he's allowed to play unstructured.

wigum

Immortal
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Why the Broncos? Those pretenders are one of the few that lost to us this year lol

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I can't agree....9/10 times we play the Broncos we hand their forwards arses to them on a platter.....as we did earlier this year in that game everyone got over excited about. Graham would WALK into the Broncos side.....not that Bennett would ever sign him on the type of money he is on. Our pack is better than Brisbane's and their roster is seriously underrated. Luckily for them, their coach knows what he is doing. I've seen girl scout door knocking groups that are more intimidating than Brisbane's forward pack.
Well that early game was in the wet, that suits big fat slow forwards packs like ours. Play them in the dry and they smashed us by racking up 40. We had two forwards run for 100m+, they had 6 forwards run for 100m+

jasonsmith11

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
didnt we hide moses mbye with a fake injury or something vs the broncos

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Doesn't matter if bennett likes him, he is a shit load better than Moga in my opinion.
He probably is but Bennett doesn't rate him at all, said he wasn't first grade material.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Graham in decent form (Bennett selected him for England) > Sims

Klemmer > Teddy Blair

Jackson.

Hopoate in for > calamity Kahu

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Well that early game was in the wet, that suits big fat slow forwards packs like ours. Play them in the dry and they smashed us by racking up 40. We had two forwards run for 100m+, they had 6 forwards run for 100m+
You're using one game as your example? Look at our games against them in recent years. We almost always give it to them in the forwards. the only reason they outran us a few weeks ago is because this team has totally lost its motivation under Hasler. We have the better pack.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
in that case why not compare them at there best and in that case i think blair would get the nod although it would be at different position
Honestlt mate if you compare them at their best I don't think Blair comes close. Graham has always been a better, more complete footballer than Adam Blair.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
You're using one game as your example? Look at our games against them in recent years. We almost always give it to them in the forwards. the only reason they outran us a few weeks ago is because this team has totally lost its motivation under Hasler. We have the better pack.
The game has changed, you obviously don't watch much football these days. As before the big slow plodder forward pack died years ago, just look at the forward packs of all the top teams. The proof is in the pudding ;)

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
The game has changed, you obviously don't watch much football these days. As before the big slow plodder forward pack died years ago, just look at the forward packs of all the top teams. The proof is in the pudding ;)
Blair is bigger than Graham you silly, silly boy.....he's about 6kg heavier I do believe. I watch plenty of football, I just know coaching and team morale makes a hell of a difference to a player's performance. Graham still has plenty to offer in the right environment. More than Blair.

Status
Not open for further replies.