How many more years

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
This is why I did not buy a membership and will not until Barrett is gone & most importantly a first grade coach with a track record of success comes in.

I will not spend a dollar on this club until they hire a proper coach.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Things have been up and down (mainly down) since Folkes. We went to Moore, Hasler who got a good year in 2012 and the best out of a group of players in 2014 (we were never winning the GF), des ball, salary cap issues, Pay and now Barrett. Add in changes of board (and bullshit politics). We're getting closer but Gus needs to be brutal if the place is to be successful again -m that's with players and coaching staff.
Another rebuild grrrrrr

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
All teams have to do is wrap up Burton and Ado Carr, and the Dogs are headless.

Why don't we run Dufty down Ado Carr's wing, like the Storm do with Papenhuysen and Coates? We would have two speedsters running off each other, and the defence having to watch both players.

There are no set plays, or plans of attack, it's all just throw the ball around and hope nobody knocks on before the fifth.

Penrith by 60+

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
This is why I did not buy a membership and will not until Barrett is gone & most importantly a first grade coach with a track record of success comes in.

I will not spend a dollar on this club until they hire a proper coach.
I've been quiet about Barrett, but I have to say that he is a disaster as coach.

Pay would have moulded this side into something competitive.

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We will have a decent nine next year. In fairness I thought TPJ was actually quite good today with his involvement and offloads. I think we’re also struggling not having an edge back rower who demands attention from the defence.
And centres who have no tackle busting ability.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It’s a simple fix, Baz and coaching staff need to be moved on, certain players need to be playing NSW cup and replaced with players who want to play including our new recruits who are fucking up just as bad.

Our attack is non existent! Like nothing, to structured and players look lost. Time for Baz to give up coaching and be an assistant… that’s his best position.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
The difference today was that when a Storm player saw a gap, or a weak spot, the whole Storm team were aware and worked it to advantage.
When we saw an opening, the team just stood around slack jawed, wondering what to do.

Never seen such mob of dullards, since - I don't know, the Bulldogs of 2021, 2020, 2019................

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
It’s a simple fix, Baz and coaching staff need to be moved on, certain players need to be playing NSW cup and replaced with players who want to play including our new recruits who are fucking up just as bad.

Our attack is non existent! Like nothing, to structured and players look lost. Time for Baz to give up coaching and be an assistant… that’s his best position.
I don't see any structure or set plays. All I see is a leaderless team throwing the ball around, flat footed, and hoping for something to happen.
What usually happens is a knock on from someone who doesn't want the ball, or an intercept from someone who does.

DDR

Waterboy
Reaction score

We haven't had an attacking side since Kevin Moore and the 2009 side. I have finally lost all hope of seeing any success from my club ever again. I took it for granted watching the dogs since 1979, the dogs were always a successful and entertaining club but the last decade is absolutely painful to watch.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We haven't had an attacking side since Kevin Moore and the 2009 side. I have finally lost all hope of seeing any success from my club ever again. I took it for granted watching the dogs since 1979, the dogs were always a successful and entertaining club but the last decade is absolutely painful to watch.
Des 2012 side featuring Benny Barba

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
I feel the same, and I've been following them since the early 1950s.
Despite the tough times, I was always proud to be a Bulldog; now I'm too ashamed to wear the Blue and White, or show a Bulldog sticker because it is humiliating to admit I support such a shit side of overpaid nobodies.