Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Flanagan is waiting to seize his moment

I thought Wakeham was solid until he got injured

Big Vibe

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Just to state the obvious...

If we fluked a win tonight you'd all be praising him.
He was very ordinary. The try came from a poor 2nd tackle kick that 98% of the time would’ve been cleaned up.

Thought he defended well but he has nothing in attack and not much of an organiser.

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Burtons best asset is his running game and step. I think you take that away by moving him closer to the ruck and adding the responsibility of organising the team
Yes u r correct

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
He was very ordinary. The try came from a poor 2nd tackle kick that 98% of the time would’ve been cleaned up.

Thought he defended well but he has nothing in attack and not much of an organiser.
Just another option who really isn't an option.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Like the rest of our "options".

Flamingo is next up after we get done by the storm.
would like to go watch the game tomorrow night and see how he goes but im in iso. i feel for the halves as i just think TB just needs to simplify the game plan. Give them early ball and let them play, it is too structured.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We know that neither Wakeham or Averillo are the long term answer. It wouldn't be such a big problem if Baz just moved Burton to halfback.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hopefully that experiment is over now. He was no better than Avo

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
would like to go watch the game tomorrow night and see how he goes but im in iso. i feel for the halves as i just think TB just needs to simplify the game plan. Give them early ball and let them play, it is too structured.
Exactly.

They also have to stop playing through JJ. Just feed the halves directly FFS.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Id like to see if there is any chemistry between Cook and Flanno. BBO is too inexperienced at this stage to play 7,perhaps 14. But im convinced Wakey,Avo and JMK aren't the answer.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Id like to see if there is any chemistry between Cook and Flanno. BBO is too inexperienced at this stage to play 7,perhaps 14. But im convinced Wakey,Avo and JMK aren't the answer.
flanno is too structured imo and he isnt a threat with ball in hand. If i was a defending team id be double teaming the left side as i know Flanno is no threat. i havent seen anything from him in reserve grade to change that.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
flanno is too structured imo and he isnt a threat with ball in hand. If i was a defending team id be double teaming the left side as i know Flanno is no threat. i havent seen anything from him in reserve grade to change that.
A little structure would have helped tonight,we were chaotic

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
We know that neither Wakeham or Averillo are the long term answer. It wouldn't be such a big problem if Baz just moved Burton to halfback.
Burton will flop at halfback now, all he has right now is a kick and left foot step. Didn't even look for the ball tonight. The simple answer is to not play with an on the ball halfback in the first place and not heap all the responsibility on the one player.